Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 9, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #13,698 of 33,689
Initial listening of the RT-1 feels quite promising. Horrible judge of sound stage, but vocals are a little in your head instead of forward. Detail retrieval feels quite high for the price. Bass weight is noticable on non-bassy music, so certainly not neutral. They are by no means basshead level, as a fairly heavy bass EQ on Opus 1 results in a satisfying amount, but nowhere close to the same result as Rose Pudding or other bassy IEMs with the same EQ. Cymbals have a rather satisfying splash with quite a bit of life to them. Vocals are very certainly present.

So far, these might suit me better than Nine Tails, but very initial listening on both.

Also, Auglamour warns to not put the headphone near your heart, for what that's worth.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #13,699 of 33,689
Initial listening of the RT-1 feels quite promising. Horrible judge of sound stage, but vocals are a little in your head instead of forward. Detail retrieval feels quite high for the price. Bass weight is noticable on non-bassy music, so certainly not neutral. They are by no means basshead level, as a fairly heavy bass EQ on Opus 1 results in a satisfying amount, but nowhere close to the same result as Rose Pudding or other bassy IEMs with the same EQ. Cymbals have a rather satisfying splash with quite a bit of life to them. Vocals are very certainly present.

So far, these might suit me better than Nine Tails, but very initial listening on both.

Also, Auglamour warns to not put the headphone near your heart, for what that's worth.

Can you clarify the last part? I don’t think you could pay me to use an earphone I can’t have near my heart. I do not like the sounds of that.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #13,700 of 33,689

Sounds like you hear them like I do. Want to keep track as a couple already hear them w/o that much detail and a bit mid-bassy. I agree and think they can sound like that with a certain fit/tip type but they can sound like we hear them. Thinking they are maybe a bit picky for some to get our sound out of them but glad to hear more that line up on my side. Can't get confirmation with one experience. Need multiple to start to get a consensus :) They suit me quite well so far and they don't look half bad either!

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #13,701 of 33,689

Yeah that last part is a no no for me, what you mean not put near my heart? That isn't something I want over me.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #13,703 of 33,689
Can you clarify the last part? I don’t think you could pay me to use an earphone I can’t have near my heart. I do not like the sounds of that.

It's quite literally a written warning included with the IEM.

@jant71 I'm using Hifiman short bi-flanges for the tips as they're my favorites. And consistently offer me the best seal.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #13,704 of 33,689
20171209_182101_HDR.jpg

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #13,705 of 33,689
^They put in every damn disclaimer to protect themselves. They also put "Do not plug earphones into power socket". Also children can't use them w/o adults present. Oh, and " Do not throw away the earphones freely"(think they mean throw them at people or swing them by the cable where they could hit someone in the eye more than a recycling thing:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). They got some legal advice there to be very safe and protected, lol!

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #13,706 of 33,689
Just got my TFZ King and I must say :D pleased. They sound like a baby HD 700, almost to a fault. That being said my HD 700 are modded with the audio house mod.
The one issue is the bass can be a bit overbearing with certain tips. The mids are fine, the highs are sort of fatiguing.
Like the HD 700 the cymbals and certain upper mid and high range can get piercing at loud volumes.
I like them so far. They isolate well. The soundstage like the HD 700 is deep and wide. There is a bit of an artificial feel to the mids upper mids and highs in terms of presentation. It sounds like listening to music coming out of speaks in your room. After everything they are fast and punchy, and just like the HD 700 these will not be everyone's cup of tea. After initial burn in, I can say these are like an acquired taste. Baby HD 700, that's my final verdict, it's up to you whether that's a good or bad thing. Btw I love my HD 700s.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #13,707 of 33,689
Just got my TFZ King and I must say :D pleased. They sound like a baby HD 700, almost to a fault. That being said my HD 700 are modded with the audio house mod.
The one issue is the bass can be a bit overbearing with certain tips. The mids are fine, the highs are sort of fatiguing.
Like the HD 700 the cymbals and certain upper mid and high range can get piercing at loud volumes.
I like them so far. They isolate well. The soundstage like the HD 700 is deep and wide. There is a bit of an artificial feel to the mids upper mids and highs in terms of presentation. It sounds like listening to music coming out of speaks in your room. After everything they are fast and punchy, and just like the HD 700 these will not be everyone's cup of tea. After initial burn in, I can say these are like an acquired taste. Baby HD 700, that's my final verdict, it's up to you whether that's a good or bad thing. Btw I love my HD 700s.

HD700 is easy to love. You've caught my interest!

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #13,708 of 33,689
HD700 is easy to love. You've caught my interest!

Advice don't use the wide tips use the narrow. The wide tips over accentuated the bass and highs. The narrow sort of tone down the visceral highs and lows and bring forward the mids. The tips just like ear pads for the HD 700 is the key to get the proper sound profile you seek. First listen with stock tips and then try the other narrow tips. I almost returned them if I hadn't tried the other tips. My favorite track to test every headphone is Steve Vai - For the love of God Live.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #13,709 of 33,689
Also, Auglamour warns to not put the headphone near your heart, for what that's worth

It's quite literally a written warning included with the IEM.

I have seen that warning on a few things but this one forgot the second part..it is for people with pacemakers because pacemakers can be affected by magnets. So don't worry. If you do have a pacemaker just don't hang your iems,buds or headphones around your neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back