Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 13, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #13,261 of 33,689
Well hopefully you won't feel compelled to buy anything new for a long time.

200w.gif
Hahaha! EXACTLY! :)

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #13,262 of 33,689
iPhone 6s+ and at home a sound blaster e5 with comply foam tips

Am not sure about the iPhone 6S+'s output impedance (I think it's also a bit further away from 0 Ohms than some of the previous iPhone generations), but the E5's is rated at 2.2 Ohms. This already brings the upper treble down by quite a bit and makes it less bright, splashy and metallic, and the comply foam tips should contribute even more to this effect. Would you agree that the top-end sounds rather smooth and inoffensive? (Driving the T.F 10 from a source with close to 0 Ohm output impedance and avoiding foam tips, it sounds quite splashy, bright and somewhat metallic in the highs.)

Based on that, the Audio Technica could indeed be a match, at least in the mids and highs, if you could let go a few dB of bass impact (the Audio Technica is somewhat less forward in the lows) and don't mind a slightly softer bass delivery. If you don't want to miss the T.F 10's bass, the ATH-IM03 (or whatever its newer version/successor is) would be a match.

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #13,266 of 33,689
What took you so long iBasso :) Doesn't TFZ alone have like half a dozen ~$99 Graphene dynamic driver phones already.

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #13,267 of 33,689
All I bought was some silicone tips and a cable, didn't really need anything

what is this "Need" you speak of? If people start only buying what they need, about 95% of all purchases would end abruptly at that moment.

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #13,268 of 33,689
Seems like the IT01 is already out in the wild.
https://penonaudio.com/iBasso-IT01

WHY`O`WHY did You have to show this to my eyes?!? -.-
Another candidate along with TNT and some others from ~100$ camp.

What took you so long iBasso :) Doesn't TFZ alone have like half a dozen ~$99 Graphene dynamic driver phones already.
half a dozen graphenes doesn`t mean anything and as we have read so far, not all of them are so good as ppl wanted. Get it done right (FR) and magic could happen :wink:
iBasso usually knows very well what they are doing.
Breathing hole positioning in bottom of slight cavity is good example if You look at pics. Not like PMV which had issues with hole positioning and ppl getting different results.
I hope someone measures IT01 soon and shares impressions.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #13,269 of 33,689
WHY`O`WHY did You have to show this to my eyes?!? -.-
Another candidate along with TNT and some others from ~100$ camp.

half a dozen graphenes doesn`t mean anything and as we have read so far, not all of them are so good as ppl wanted. Get it done right (FR) and magic could happen :wink:
iBasso usually knows very well what they are doing.
Breathing hole positioning in bottom of slight cavity is good example if You look at pics. Not like PMV which had issues with hole positioning and ppl getting different results.
I hope someone measures IT01 soon and shares impressions.
I read somewhere the iBasso is going to release a IT04 model , is that true ,??

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #13,272 of 33,689
Am not sure about the iPhone 6S+'s output impedance (I think it's also a bit further away from 0 Ohms than some of the previous iPhone generations), but the E5's is rated at 2.2 Ohms. This already brings the upper treble down by quite a bit and makes it less bright, splashy and metallic, and the comply foam tips should contribute even more to this effect. Would you agree that the top-end sounds rather smooth and inoffensive? (Driving the T.F 10 from a source with close to 0 Ohm output impedance and avoiding foam tips, it sounds quite splashy, bright and somewhat metallic in the highs.)

Based on that, the Audio Technica could indeed be a match, at least in the mids and highs, if you could let go a few dB of bass impact (the Audio Technica is somewhat less forward in the lows) and don't mind a slightly softer bass delivery. If you don't want to miss the T.F 10's bass, the ATH-IM03 (or whatever its newer version/successor is) would be a match.

I am going to go and listen to the ath-ls200 and ath-ls300 in the store and see how they sound.

If anyone thinks the Magaosi K3 Pro will give a comparable sound and quality, I can save the money to get something else next year.

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #13,274 of 33,689
Also got a VE Monk IEs combo. Ohh man, this Christmas is going to be really fun! I have on order: Hifiman HE-400i, HE-400S, RE-400, RE-300a, 1More Triple, Brainwavz M5, Brainwavz B400 (the most expected), MEMT X5, Tennmak Piano, Biggie and Smalls and who knows what Black Friday will bring us. Head-fi at it's best :L3000:

Good lord man, that's a killer list. Don't expect much from the 1More Triple and MEMT X5 though. They'll be dwarfed by many of the others on your list ;0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back