Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 19, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #12,407 of 33,689
Listened with CM5 on LG V20 Vol:30/75 (Spotify):

Linkin Park - Numb
Papa Roach - Last Resort
Aerosmith - I don't want to miss a thing (Touchstone version)
The Doors - Riders on the storm

These are tracks I know.

I will use the Aerosmith piece which is orchestra-like since there are quite some instruments. The intro is beautiful with the snare drum and cello(i believe?). I also noticed a deep bass hump 1.49-2.00.

Details: I can hear drums, guitar on the left, piano and violins on the right. Cymbal clash on the left. Vocals are central and forward from the instruments. There are also some pretty central drums and guitar in the middle of the song. Closing to the end there is the triangle(tinging sound) on the left as well.

Btw, I am hearing this at work and CM5 does not have the isolation like KZ ZS3 so i might have missed out some sounds.

Apologies if I am wrong with some of the instrument names. Never could remember them.

- posted this in another thread, thought I should share here too for guys contemplating on getting the UiiSii CM5. I will try with my other stuff and update.

Please feel free to try it out as well and we can cross compare. I agree with Lurk650(i believe) that CM5 does sing well with Hip-hop.

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #12,408 of 33,689
Source: https://www.weibo.com/fidue?is_hot=1#_0

The Fidue A85 "Virgo" is right around the corner, with an international MSRP of $399 and three drivers per side (1x DD, 2x BA, three acoustic ways divided by an electrical crossover). I'm surprised it didn't get any mention yet (except for two picture posts some months ago) given how quickly news are usually spread around here.

d9b3b375gy1fkmhfrilo4j21kw1kw7wj.jpg

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #12,409 of 33,689
Any update on the Moxpad X9? It's been a few months since you asked about them, i found a review of the X6 and X9 on youtube, in portuguese i think, i translated some comments but couldn't find something useful. The X9 are 15 euro on Aliexpress, i'm trying to choose between these and the Kinera BD005, **** UEs, and the single driver UiiSii CM5. My first and only IEM are the E-MI CI880, i really like how they sound, i just reduce the treble a bit. I'm looking for an over-ear IEM that has a similar sound as the E-MI, with good isolation and fit(i have pretty small ears). I already have the ZS3 one the way( may be too bassy for me but i read that the isolation is one of the best in their price range if a good fit is achieved).
Here is the review in portuguese, maybe someone could translate to us a few words of what he is saying. Thanks,cheers.

HAHAHA wow holy, I remember being curious about them when I was trying to find a KZ ZS3 replacement/alternative

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #12,411 of 33,689
Source: https://www.weibo.com/fidue?is_hot=1#_0

The Fidue A85 "Virgo" is right around the corner, with an international MSRP of $399 and three drivers per side (1x DD, 2x BA, three acoustic ways divided by an electrical crossover). I'm surprised it didn't get any mention yet (except for two picture posts some months ago) given how quickly news are usually spread around here.

d9b3b375gy1fkmhfrilo4j21kw1kw7wj.jpg
Is that a upgrade version of A83 ,?
Please post the link for more informations, thanks .

Oct 19, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #12,415 of 33,689
Listened with CM5 on LG V20 Vol:30/75 (Spotify):

Linkin Park - Numb
Papa Roach - Last Resort
Aerosmith - I don't want to miss a thing (Touchstone version)
The Doors - Riders on the storm

These are tracks I know.

I will use the Aerosmith piece which is orchestra-like since there are quite some instruments. The intro is beautiful with the snare drum and cello(i believe?). I also noticed a deep bass hump 1.49-2.00.

Details: I can hear drums, guitar on the left, piano and violins on the right. Cymbal clash on the left. Vocals are central and forward from the instruments. There are also some pretty central drums and guitar in the middle of the song. Closing to the end there is the triangle(tinging sound) on the left as well.

Btw, I am hearing this at work and CM5 does not have the isolation like KZ ZS3 so i might have missed out some sounds.

Apologies if I am wrong with some of the instrument names. Never could remember them.

- posted this in another thread, thought I should share here too for guys contemplating on getting the UiiSii CM5. I will try with my other stuff and update.

Please feel free to try it out as well and we can cross compare. I agree with Lurk650(i believe) that CM5 does sing well with Hip-hop.
One thing is there they also scale well, they are decent out of my S8 but get them on the Opus#1 or out of my Burson DAC/Magni 3 combo and they open up and to bass can do some damage to your brain

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #12,416 of 33,689
One thing is there they also scale well, they are decent out of my S8 but get them on the Opus#1 or out of my Burson DAC/Magni 3 combo and they open up and to bass can do some damage to your brain

That's great to hear. Will try them out with my OPPO HA-2. The UiiSii CM5 does raise my expectation of chi-fi now.

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #12,417 of 33,689
I had a listen to a few albums last night with the Kinera H3 and thoroughly enjoyed them. They are very good iems
Nice impressions. I might pick some up on MASSDROP.
:call_me: :call_me:

Oct 20, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #12,420 of 33,689
Nice impressions. I might pick some up on MASSDROP.
:call_me: :call_me:

What's the price on Massdrop? The black color was $20 shipped on Amazon. Don't know if it's still that price though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back