1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

First

Back
816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825
827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836
Next

Last
  1. duo8
    If you like U-shaped sound I guess.

2. HungryPanda
    Have you had them in your ears?

3. duo8
    Ýes, though not for long. It's my immediate impression of them, especially the weird treble.

4. HungryPanda
    I just got them two days ago and actually rather like them once I found the right tips. I have brighter earphones

5. CoiL
    Thanks for input! What about soundstage size? I love when my music preferences have frontal soundstage depth and not "inside headspace" too intimate. Not talking about mids fowardness. You can take a look at my music preferences @ my profile.
    Same question to You fella - how about soundstage size? I wish something like backwards U-shaped soundstage and not too far into width stretched soundstage. I basically don`t wish any sounds too close or "inside headspace" presentation.
    For example KZ ZS5v1 is pretty great with its soundstage. KZ ATE 5th gen is also good. "Best" soundstage I`ve heard for my taste is with my modded DX5X paired with Fidelio X1. Modified ATE FF-mod is sometimes very close though.
    And I must note that this soundstage shouldn`t come from extrended/boosted highs - I rather prefer little "raised" mids (not midbass) with smooth but detailed highs - I`m sensitive to highs, especially around 6-7,5 kHz.
    I`m not into V-shaped IEMs but can take littlebit L-shaped or U-shaped FR. And if You think that Fidelio X1 is basshead/bassy HP then with my setups and custom cables it is NOT.

Atm I`m between CH9T vs. Exclusive 5 vs. K3Pro. Also will read more about DM5 because their price is good and many positive reviews... can`t judge it only by 1 reviewer who I personally don`t follow (yet) - no bad thoguhts about that reviewer, just doesn`t share common experience yet.
    I trust B9S, 1clearhead and some others reviews and recommendations.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  6. Selenium
  7. zato23
  8. thelonius97
  9. groucho69
    Exclusive 5 has a good sound stage. Not the widest ever but pleasing with excellent instrument separation. YMMV.

10. Selenium
  11. groucho69
  12. wastan
    I just got the E-MI CI800 in the mail from Blumuze via Amazon. There's no branding on the iem and the paperwork labels the model C630. Wow, these deserve a lot more attention and are a real bargain for $25. The sound is incredibly clean and clear. They aren't as balanced as the urbanfun hifi nor do they have the ZS5 soundstage. If anything is deficient it's that the mids might be a touch recessed. Despite those observations, my initial impression is that they're going to be my favorite under $50 iem. The fit is outstanding and comfortable despite the unusual shape. Gonna put the zs5v1 in the drawer and give these the extended listening they clearly deserve. Will let you know if I change my opinion.

13. MoshiMoshi
    Damn it's so hard to choose a headphone, there's like 1 million choices and conflicting opinions. What is the difference between neutral, clean, and balanced?

14. Vidal
    I believe they throw alphabet spaghetti (noodles?) at a wall and the next model is whatever sticks

Yobster69, peter123, Slater and 2 others like this.
  15. Qualcheduno
    From what I've understood reading on this forum, neutral means that no frequency, be it bass, mids and treble is boosted or recessed, a flat soundsignature; balanced is similar to neutral, but there is some tolerance: frequencies can be slightly boosted or recessed, but within some limits, so that the overall soundsignature doesn't come across as bassy, or V-shaped or mid-centric or colored in general (eg. just a pinch of bass, not a handful of it). Clean instead doesn't refer to soundsignature, but more to detail retrieval and instrument separation. But I could have completely missed the point.

Ahmad313 and djmakemynight like this.
First

Back
816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825
827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836
Next

Last