Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 21, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #10,803 of 33,689
FWIW, from what I read, most people only use the Low and Mid switch so that saves you from buying the 3rd switch for highs

On another note, buying blantant shell rip-offs is kinda messed up and shouldn't support KZ for their laziness but I guess since they aren't trying to sell them as clones it's not too bad. It's a good thing that KZ gear has never really impressed me or I'd be buying it up lol

LOL, KZ's are a bargain man:wink: Also there is a reason they call them "Dip Switches":rolling_eyes:

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #10,805 of 33,689
This new green aluminum KZ is what ZS5 should've been. I did not expect 2 IEMs from KZ using this Campfire Audio design, but least it looks very premium, so there is that. Black plastic 2 pin connector has to go, this needs a proper shiny metal one which matches the shape of the IEMs.

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #10,807 of 33,689
FWIW, from what I read, most people only use the Low and Mid switch so that saves you from buying the 3rd switch for highs

On another note, buying blantant shell rip-offs is kinda messed up and shouldn't support KZ for their laziness but I guess since they aren't trying to sell them as clones it's not too bad. It's a good thing that KZ gear has never really impressed me or I'd be buying it up lol

skipping the third is 80 difference, not woth to save on it.
TI only have the ZS5 and for the price they ate worth it. Even in plastic.

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #10,808 of 33,689
NEW KZ (KZ ES3)!!!

1503115314001321715.jpg

I look forward for critics and reviews :boy::boy:.

Paging for @1clearhead

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #10,810 of 33,689
Interesting, the IE800 is honestly about as close to my perfect sound sig in IEM form I've owned so far. It's also remarkably comfortable, probably the easiest for a proper fit/seal I've ever had too. My only complaint is lack of detachable cable. @SomeGuyDude @Vidal Would you two mind making a suggestion for your favorite IE800 clones? I'm kind of curious about the gap myself.

Managed to get any suggestions? Im curious myself, got a clone off taobao and they sound muddy, and just bad. Not sure which are the good ones out there. Hold on, Im not sure if talking about this here is legal. hmm :fingers_crossed:

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #10,811 of 33,689
Shameless copy.

(When can I buy?)

what are these?

Can we get actual info on these? I'm very curious...

How dare the Andromeda mimic ZS5? LOL
As lazy as the design can be, apparently naming is lazy too where KZ is gonna name it KZ ZS6 lol. I asked for detailed specs, but they kept it secret so it's unknown at the moment, but 1 thing for sure is it's also 2 DD + 2 BA, 4 drivers perside configuration. It's likely a metal reshell which KZ told me earlier this month. It's expected to be available by end of the month but take my word with a grain of salt coz last i said that about ZS5, it took even much longer than was expected (about a month i guess ?) So let's wait and see. If the grill at the faceplate is not cosmetic, it's likely the sound will be different. Not to mention the metallic shell affects the sound too in a certain way. It will be priced at 299yuan retail in China but you know gearbest always price KZ cheaply so i wonder how low it'll go..

They're lazy but they're smart tho. 1st the ZS5 looks like Andromeda so they changed the material to plastic and the colour. Now that it's green and metallic so they put the open back design. It's so so so lazy, but well it's gonna appeal to more lay people like me who can't afford an Andromeda even with a year's salary. 3rd world problem lol

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #10,812 of 33,689
As lazy as the design can be, apparently naming is lazy too where KZ is gonna name it KZ ZS6 lol. I asked for detailed specs, but they kept it secret so it's unknown at the moment, but 1 thing for sure is it's also 2 DD + 2 BA, 4 drivers perside configuration. It's likely a metal reshell which KZ told me earlier this month. It's expected to be available by end of the month but take my word with a grain of salt coz last i said that about ZS5, it took even much longer than was expected (about a month i guess ?) So let's wait and see. If the grill at the faceplate is not cosmetic, it's likely the sound will be different. Not to mention the metallic shell affects the sound too in a certain way. It will be priced at 299yuan retail in China but you know gearbest always price KZ cheaply so i wonder how low it'll go..

They're lazy but they're smart tho. 1st the ZS5 looks like Andromeda so they changed the material to plastic and the colour. Now that it's green and metallic so they put the open back design. It's so so so lazy, but well it's gonna appeal to more lay people like me who can't afford an Andromeda even with a year's salary. 3rd world problem lol
not sure why they keep knocking off the andromeda design, which isn't particularly ergonomic or comfortable.

as an aside i just received the zse, which i must have drunk-ordered awhile ago and forgot about--first impressions are inessential but a lot of fun; sort of a smaller-scale zs3. will post detailed impressions on vidal's site.

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #10,813 of 33,689

I think KZ realized how terrible the reception was when it comes to plastic seam on the ZS5, so they stepped it up a bit. There are some nice differences compared to Andromeda and they should have gone a lot further to differentiate themselves. Now the seam looks amazingly precise on the "KZ6", open back will probably give us better sound and less isolation, metal screw heads are a big NO from me, it's already way too similar to Andromeda, same goes for color (imagine this in dark red or orange).
Nice to have all of this info so early, including the price which looks to be phenomenal. A month from the release, these will cost around 25$, maybe even less.

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #10,814 of 33,689
I think KZ realized how terrible the reception was when it comes to plastic seam on the ZS5, so they stepped it up a bit. There are some nice differences compared to Andromeda and they should have gone a lot further to differentiate themselves. Now the seam looks amazingly precise on the "KZ6", open back will probably give us better sound and less isolation, metal screw heads are a big NO from me, it's already way too similar to Andromeda, same goes for color (imagine this in dark red or orange).
Nice to have all of this info so early, including the price which looks to be phenomenal. A month from the release, these will cost around 25$, maybe even less.
This time round I'd just wait for gearbest lol

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #10,815 of 33,689

Also appeals to people like me who feasibly could snag an Andro but would rather a set of cheapie beaters to play with.

EDIT: To elaborate, there is no situation in which one would be in a position where wearing fake Andros would impress people who also would not be able to quickly call you out on it. They're not Beats, they don't have any kind of market permeation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back