Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 2, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #3,736 of 33,689

the last ones are Vivo XE800 (3s) and Vivo XE800 (4s), from Miss Shirley (cheapest). right driver of the '3s' came with more sub-bass roll-off (i have not checked their vent holes yet). in the other hand, '4s' is the most bassy from the six; from the first shop, you can find same sub-bass roll-off in the right driver of the '0aY' (the first i got, probably the "worst").
anyway, it is not very noticeable the difference. the tips you use affect the lows quite higher.
as you can see, it doesn't depend of the store; it's about quality control at factory. while they have rotable nozzles and the wire over the grid of the nozzle, they are legit (at least, in this moment).
i'm waiting 2 more pairs from Beteran shop (got their 11.11 offer). they are a good Christmas gift to initiate friends/relatives into neutral quality listening :p

it's difficult to find the colors in my graph, and they were averaged (left+right) measures.
so i add here the raw measures of both drivers, of the six items (i overwrote the left driver measures of 3s, sorry)

shop 1:
 0aY                                                                                     0bY

1Y                                                                                       2Y

shop 2:
3S                                                                                        4S

Thanks,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-Original-VIVO-XE800-High-definition-moveable-Hifi-Sound-system-in-ear-earphone-with-mic-Voice/32742243420.html you bought the last one from this store.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Vivo-XE800-in-ear-HiFi-earphone-with-mic-for-smartphones/32649424538.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.11.VT8or3&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_10,searchweb201602_1_10065_10068_10067_112_10069_110_111_418_10017_109_108_10060_9999_10061_10062_10057_10056_10055_10054_10033_10059_10058_10073_10070_10052_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_3&btsid=f0f69c28-f4ef-4324-ae2d-bae76f3fff81

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-VIVO-XE800-High-definition-moveable-Hifi-Sound-system-in-ear-earphone-with-mic-Voice/32704376144.html

Those 2 stores are legit?

Have you opened any of them and try to tinker with vents already? 

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #3,737 of 33,689
So basically it doens't matter where I get the EX800? For just ~$15 they are a steal, aren't they?

How flat is flat? Still trying to figure out what I like. I like bit bass but not overwhelming levels of it. Let's say "enhanced but balanced". Are the Vivo then for me?

Are they suitable for example: Song in the Air - Falling Up?

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #3,738 of 33,689
After spending more time with the dt2+ I'm convinced my pair is faulty. I've read other members' impressions and mine don't live up to them. My pair has no separation, everything sounds smacked together. Obviously I asked for a refund but the seller is hesitant, says he needs proof and to top it off he wants me to send the back. The shipping cost alone would be more than half of what I payed and how do I prove that these have dead BAs? I sent the image **** put out explaining the situation so I hope that's enough. Sorry if this is a bit off-topic I'm just really frustrated.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #3,739 of 33,689
  Thanks,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-Original-VIVO-XE800-High-definition-moveable-Hifi-Sound-system-in-ear-earphone-with-mic-Voice/32742243420.html you bought the last one from this store.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Vivo-XE800-in-ear-HiFi-earphone-with-mic-for-smartphones/32649424538.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.11.VT8or3&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_10,searchweb201602_1_10065_10068_10067_112_10069_110_111_418_10017_109_108_10060_9999_10061_10062_10057_10056_10055_10054_10033_10059_10058_10073_10070_10052_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_3&btsid=f0f69c28-f4ef-4324-ae2d-bae76f3fff81

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-VIVO-XE800-High-definition-moveable-Hifi-Sound-system-in-ear-earphone-with-mic-Voice/32704376144.html

Those 2 stores are legit?

Have you opened any of them and try to tinker with vents already? 

So basically it doens't matter where I get the EX800? For just ~$15 they are a steal, aren't they?

How flat is flat? Still trying to figure out what I like. I like bit bass but not overwhelming levels of it. Let's say "enhanced but balanced". Are the Vivo then for me?

Yes, the last two pairs came from the first link, Miss Shirley (S).
The first 4 pairs, from the 3rd link, XiaYou (Y).
And two pairs are near arriving from Beteran.
Your second link, Rillpac, also points to a legit one (they were probably the first ones in selling the XE800 below $30).
And there are some others. Remember, if the pics/description show rotatable nozzles, the wire over the nozzle grid, and the OEM plastic bag (instead of a box), i guess they all come from the same place, so they are equivalent to these. Once arrived, if the items are different to the pics, you can ask for a refund (luckily, it didn't happen to me).

The vents are two tiny holes in the internal side of each shell. You don't need to open the shell to check if they have same diameter, approximately. You only need a good lens, and a thin needle to enlarge them if needed, or to remove any spot that could obstruct them. I only had to resize or clean 1 of the 24 inspected holes.

By the way, the consistency of the XE800 seems to be fairly good: very small differences between units.
Not like the **** UEs (I have 4 pairs, and all of them are very different).

They are enough flat. Bass is not enhanced in XE800, but the bass is there. You can check it in the graph. The essential point to get the bass in XE800 is using the right tips to get the maximum isolation, and finding the correct orientation of the rotatable nozzles for your ears.
Anyway, if you look for enhanced bass, I think there are many many others which are more suitable. Most "commercial" earphones are bass oriented (and maybe enhanced upper-mids to compensate). There are few as flat like the XE800 in their segment price (the Fostex TE-02 are more expensive), being so airy and clear, besides; that's why they are special. They are a delight, and fits many musical genres, but don't choose them if you are in the pursue of heavy bass.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #3,740 of 33,689

And two pairs are near arriving from Beteran.

They are enough flat. Bass is not enhanced in XE800, but the bass is there. You can check it in the graph. The essential point to get the bass in XE800 is using the right tips to get the maximum isolation, and finding the correct orientation of the rotatable nozzles for your ears.
Anyway, if you look for enhanced bass, I think there are many many others which are more suitable. Most "commercial" earphones are bass oriented (and maybe enhanced upper-mids to compensate). There are few as flat like the XE800 in their segment price (the Fostex TE-02 are more expensive), being so airy and clear, besides; that's why they are special. They are a delight, and fits many musical genres, but don't choose them if you are in the pursue of heavy bass.

I don't think I mentioned this, but the XE800 that I received today was from the Beteran store! I'm actually trying to pay for them right now, because they sent the IEMs without processing the order, so AliExpress actually automatically cancelled the order and refunded the amount back to me...

@DikZak
I would agree that the bass isn't very enhanced. Many KZ IEMs have much more sub-bass quantity. XE800 is slightly bassier than a TWFK equipped VC1000 and the RE-00, but slightly less than the GR07BE and considerably less than the VSD3.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #3,741 of 33,689
  Ooh Magaosi K1 has been upgraded with MMCX and called the K3:

Can't provide a link, wink. 
wink.gif

On the russian forum was some interesting discussion concerning K1 - one guy took them apart and it turns out that K1 has almost the same driver module as Urbanfun has, so it's actually 1dd+1ba. He got full refund from seller (seller says also that K1=Sendiy M1221) Don't know if it's really same driver but looks similar. Anyway, true or not, situation was interesting
rolleyes.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #3,742 of 33,689

follow the guidelines of my post not to get the fake ones.

yes, they are a steal. they have similar signature to vsonic gr07 (just less resolution, less extended highs), costing 1/6th.

i've listened to that song, and yes, they fit it well. about heavy bass hip-hop, or some EDM music, i don't know, probably others are more suitable. i use NIN - The Closer, to check sub-bass extension and rumble.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #3,743 of 33,689

They are enough flat. Bass is not enhanced in XE800, but the bass is there. You can check it in the graph. The essential point to get the bass in XE800 is using the right tips to get the maximum isolation, and finding the correct orientation of the rotatable nozzles for your ears. Anyway, if you look for enhanced bass, I think there are many many others which are more suitable. Most "commercial" earphones are bass oriented (and maybe enhanced upper-mids to compensate). There are few as flat like the XE800 in their segment price (the Fostex TE-02 are more expensive), being so airy and clear, besides; that's why they are special. They are a delight, and fits many musical genres, but don't choose them if you are in the pursue of heavy bass.

Thanks for the info on the stores.

Well I am not looking for heavy bass at all. Recently tried Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition but these had way too much bass for my taste. I tried to explain but I lack the knowledge and words to describe exactly what I am looking for. I like a bit bass, but not overwhelming bass. Seems these XE800's might be a good match for me. What tips do you recommend?

Edit: Missed a post while writing the upper part.
  follow the guidelines of my post not to get the fake ones.

yes, they are a steal. they have similar signature to vsonic gr07 (just less resolution, less extended highs), costing 1/6th.

i've listened to that song, and yes, they fit it well. about heavy bass hip-hop, or some EDM music, i don't know, probably others are more suitable. i use NIN - The Closer, to check sub-bass extension and rumble.

Thanks. I don't listen EDM or Hip-hop so that's fine. I will be getting these
As I have $30 budget I might get another pair with different signature.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #3,744 of 33,689
Argghh... PM4 price is $200 now. Is LZA4 had same sound sig compared with PM4?

I'll let you know as soon as my PM4 arrives. Should be any day now since it's almost three weeks since it shipped from the UK according to Trinity.....

Edit: if the filter system on the PM4 is similar to that one the Deltas and Techne the one on the A4 will be a lot more useful and flexible.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #3,745 of 33,689
  Thanks for the info on the stores.

Well I am not looking for heavy bass at all. Recently tried Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition but these had way too much bass for my taste. I tried to explain but I lack the knowledge and words to describe exactly what I am looking for. I like a bit bass, but not overwhelming bass. Seems these XE800's might be a good match for me. What tips do you recommend?

you could also try KZ ATR, bassier than XE800, but controlled as well, v-shaped instead of flat, and they cost about $5 in gearbest. you'll find a good use for both iems.

the tips. xe800 nozzles and shell force a shallow insertion. so the size and material must be the right ones to seal your ears perfectly.
the size of the stock tips is small. i'm using the biggest ones, filled with foam (i cut these, to fill the stock silicone tips: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10pcs-5pair-Memory-Foam-In-Ear-Earphone-Ear-pads-for-JVC-Sponge-Ear-Cups-Buds-Covers/1052204391.html ; just insert them around the silicon internal tube).
recently, i tried the kz starline tips on them, pushed to the bottom of the nozzle entirely (this is possible, because the diameter of their tube is wider than the xe800 nozzles, and they are long enough); i'm using the L size. like in many other iems, i get full isolation with them, and they don't alter the sound (medium-wide bore, i consider them the cheap spiral dots).

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #3,746 of 33,689
On the russian forum was some interesting discussion concerning K1 - one guy took them apart and it turns out that K1 has almost the same driver module as Urbanfun has, so it's actually 1dd+1ba. He got full refund from seller (seller says also that K1=Sendiy M1221) Don't know if it's really same driver but looks similar. Anyway, true or not, situation was interesting:rolleyes:

Sounds like fishy business. but the Sendiy is like more than twice the price of the K1

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #3,747 of 33,689
  On the russian forum was some interesting discussion concerning K1 - one guy took them apart and it turns out that K1 has almost the same driver module as Urbanfun has, so it's actually 1dd+1ba. He got full refund from seller (seller says also that K1=Sendiy M1221) Don't know if it's really same driver but looks similar. Anyway, true or not, situation was interesting
rolleyes.gif

Do you have pictures of Urbanfun and K1 ?

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #3,749 of 33,689
I would go as far to guess the rotating nozzle may have a certain amount of leakage equivalent to front venting, which acts in reducing bass. I sealed off both front vents and there is no driver flex, and subbass seem slightly improved. (I have a bass shy set, with response similar to Etymotic's DF response curve)

In general I really like these, low distortion drivers with excellent channel matching (much better than average at this price range) which means great stereo imaging, slightly bright but non-fatiguing highs (much less sibilant compared to Dunu Titan 1), only a slight peak at 7khz, and the rotating nozzle is genius, I just wish they had more resistance.

One other thing, the nozzles are rather small in diameter, I tried some Dunu tips and they tend to come off easily, and KZ tips just slide right off. So using tips that fit snugly would probably improve the bass response by a good margin. Might wrap the nozzle in some tape to see if it improves the seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back