Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 30, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #21,706 of 33,689
what a looker!! i like the finishing, feels so solid and strong, mysterious looks. like a dark knight but hopefully doesnt sound dark.
pleaseee compare with c10 and kanas pro, yeah, i know its not on same class but just for a reference.
I made some notes already regarding sound here, as well as picture comparison with KZ ZSN: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...reference-list.805930/page-1052#post-14748281

It's not dark, far from it imo. It's actually quite bright, so it's sound matches the other colors much better than this one. :)

I'll probably compare it to the C10 which is in the same price range, but probably not with the KP. If I get the Moondrop Crescent, I might compare it to that one as it's in the same price range, although that might take a month or so. :)

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #21,707 of 33,689
New toys
A049E5D3-7560-4776-9239-064E287752D2.jpeg

Jan 30, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #21,708 of 33,689
I made some notes already regarding sound here, as well as picture comparison with KZ ZSN: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...reference-list.805930/page-1052#post-14748281

It's not dark, far from it imo. It's actually quite bright, so it's sound matches the other colors much better than this one. :)

I'll probably compare it to the C10 which is in the same price range, but probably not with the KP. If I get the Moondrop Crescent, I might compare it to that one as it's in the same price range, although that might take a month or so. :)

Thanks for that, its ok i just want to know how it stand against kanas pro, i know kanas pro will win in every aspects but as how far. im still waiting for my kanas pro, and made my oath not to adding my sub 100 collection, saving for better iem on higher tier but i like the look sooo much. C10 good reviews were bugging me everyday, with that ****, but really if this F300 beats those two, i might pull my trigger break my oath. really love that matte black finish

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #21,709 of 33,689
This great series made "B9 Scrambler" -- a read a coincidentally had recommended to someone today. I wished I could share your liking of the wonderfully designed and built ZSA and the ZS10 but the midrange is so far back for me in each case that I kept on turning the volume up and upper...and although I never loved it 100%, I am glad to own the original ZS5...and wished I had more of the very early models. Well done!

Thanks Otto. That recommendation was what spurred me to spend nearly 6 hours straight last night updating the guide and adding all those extra iems, lol. I always check the sources of traffic to my site so that rec also introduced me to a cool new community. Thank you for that and the unintended inspiration to finally dig in and update the thing, haha. It was also especially nice to revisit stuff I hadn't used in a while, even if I didn't like it all (ES4 and ED15 come to mind). They're obviously not perfect, but man, I love me some KZs.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #21,710 of 33,689
Created new thread here for interesting IEMs that would be launched soon: Hidizs Mermaid MS4 and MS1.

What's the hiss?
  • good tech.specs
  • beautiful :)
  • good package (lots of eartips, etc)
  • CABLE OPTIONS:
    • 3.5mm regular jack
    • 2.5mm/4.4mm balanced
    • Bluetooth 5.0
    • first cable with integrated DAC (microUSB type-C + USB A converter)
Preparing to test and review both items.
Here is the link to new thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hid...ew-approach-to-iems-and-compatibility.898917/
_DSC9720.jpg _DSC9724.jpg HS4_6.JPG HS4_7.JPG HS4_8.JPG HS4_11.JPG

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #21,711 of 33,689
Created new thread here for interesting IEMs that would be launched soon: Hidizs Mermaid MS4 and MS1.

What's the hiss?
  • good tech.specs
  • beautiful :)
  • good package (lots of eartips, etc)
  • CABLE OPTIONS:
    • 3.5mm regular jack
    • 2.5mm/4.4mm balanced
    • Bluetooth 5.0
    • first cable with integrated DAC (microUSB type-C + USB A converter)
Preparing to test and review both items.
Here is the link to new thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hid...ew-approach-to-iems-and-compatibility.898917/

ooh, nice, they finally released the prices. $219 for the MS4 is quite tempting too, compared to Fiio FH5

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #21,712 of 33,689
Have anyone heard offerings from Sivga? SM002 looks interesting but im not sure do i trust the company enough.

Jan 30, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #21,713 of 33,689
Where are the IKKO OH1 owners ?
Give us some opinions.
I am about to receive one, just waiting for the money to pay the taxes.

If there is enough interest maybe we can create a thread, this iem is passing kinda unoticed, crinacle put them in the same class as bgvp dm6, above DMG and whizzer a-he3.

Should mean something. I will review them and compare to the moondrop kanas and my favorite at the moment tehnz p4 pro.

Jan 30, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #21,714 of 33,689
Where are the IKKO OH1 owners ?
Give us some opinions.
I am about to receive one, just waiting for the money to pay the taxes.

If there is enough interest maybe we can create a thread, this iem is passing kinda unoticed, crinacle put them in the same class as bgvp dm6, above DMG and whizzer a-he3.

Should mean something. I will review them and compare to the moondrop kanas and my favorite at the moment tehnz p4 pro.

I have it. Good IEMs (except for the slight upper mids/lower treble peak for treble sensitive people). Totally worth the price. Review is here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ikko-oh1.23467/

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #21,715 of 33,689
I have it. Good IEMs (except for the slight upper mids/lower treble peak for treble sensitive people). Totally worth the price. Review is here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ikko-oh1.23467/

I have been planning to get one final iem in the $100-200 price range and then quit. Should this IKKO OH1 replace the Kanas Pro on my wish list? A little concerned about the treble peak that you mentioned.

The most expensive iems that I currently own include the Audbos P4, the Toneking NineTail, Hotfi HM9 - 6BA per side, iBasso IT01, NiceHCK D300, Moondrp Nocturne ,TFZ Exclusive 3, Fidue A73

Obviously I do not NEED anything.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #21,716 of 33,689
Also -1 on tips selection of moondrop Kanas.

Tip rolling opened up the sound and improved bass texturing and dynamics very much. Mainly (i think) because the vents could work better with the new tips, as the Kz tips improved the space between my ear and the shell. The original ones are too small for my ear, its comfortable and it isolates well, but it leaves the shell to close to the ear.

The original tips looks soooo much better tho :frowning2:

The IEMs are burning in -in my ears of course :wink:- before a more solid opinion.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #21,717 of 33,689
I have been planning to get one final iem in the $100-200 price range and then quit. Should this IKKO OH1 replace the Kanas Pro on my wish list? A little concerned about the treble peak that you mentioned.

The most expensive iems that I currently own include the Audbos P4, the Toneking NineTail, Hotfi HM9 - 6BA per side, iBasso IT01, NiceHCK D300, Moondrp Nocturne ,TFZ Exclusive 3, Fidue A73

Obviously I do not NEED anything.

I have the kanas (not pro) tehnz p4 pro "upgraded audbos"(some prefer the aubdos, some don't), and will receive the ikko in a week.

I will review ikko comparing to these two, should help you a little bit.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #21,718 of 33,689
I have the kanas (not pro) tehnz p4 pro "upgraded audbos"(some prefer the aubdos, some don't), and will receive the ikko in a week.

I will review ikko comparing to these two, should help you a little bit.

I actually am having a hard time imagining anything could sound better than my Audbos P4. The reason I was thinking of the Kanas Pro over the Kanas was because I thought the regular Kanas might have too much bass for me. I want bass to go,low when it is there in the music but I don't want to be bashed in the head with it.

I listen to everything except EDM, Rap and Metal. I like to relax and listen to a few albums in a row. I like those magical moments that can happen when everything is just right...including mood. I do favor singer-songwriters the most...and atmospheric albums.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #21,719 of 33,689
I actually am having a hard time imagining anything could sound better than my Audbos P4. The reason I was thinking of the Kanas Pro over the Kanas was because I thought the regular Kanas might have too much bass for me. I want bass to go,low when it is there in the music but I don't want to be bashed in the head with it.

I listen to everything except EDM, Rap and Metal. I like to relax and listen to a few albums in a row. I like those magical moments that can happen when everything is just right...including mood. I do favor singer-songwriters the most...and atmospheric albums.
get the Kanas Pro and call it a day, it looks and sound beautiful

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #21,720 of 33,689

For me, the Kanas Pro work well with the KZ Star Tips... They have good and slightly boosted bass. IMHO, more bass would be too much. All frequencies have good detail; Except I am told they lack some of thee very highest frequencies. But if so, I am lucky that I am too old to hear those any longer; so can't tell what I'm missing. . Currently my favorite earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back