Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 17, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #21,376 of 33,689
Hi everyone, I've been using a Tennmak Pro Dual Dynamic Driver Professional In Ear Sport Detach MMCX Earphone with 4 driver inside Vs SE215 SE535--2017 Version to replace my dearly departed Westone Um2.

While I like bass (listen to electronic/techno), I find the Tennmak's sound too congested and boomy.

I'm wondering if the Tin Audio T2 will be a good alternative or if there are other options I should be looking at? The T2 is going for $29 shipped which is a great price and I think I'd like to keep to the sub-$50 range.

I didn't include the T2 Pro because I read there's no change to the bass and instead they've improved on the high-end.

Another alternative I came across is the Echobox Finder X1 but it's double the price on Amazon.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #21,377 of 33,689
Hi everyone, I've been using a Tennmak Pro Dual Dynamic Driver Professional In Ear Sport Detach MMCX Earphone with 4 driver inside Vs SE215 SE535--2017 Version to replace my dearly departed Westone Um2.

While I like bass (listen to electronic/techno), I find the Tennmak's sound too congested and boomy.

I'm wondering if the Tin Audio T2 will be a good alternative or if there are other options I should be looking at? The T2 is going for $29 shipped which is a great price and I think I'd like to keep to the sub-$50 range.

I didn't include the T2 Pro because I read there's no change to the bass and instead they've improved on the high-end.

Another alternative I came across is the Echobox Finder X1 but it's double the price on Amazon.
the t2 is a completely different beast than the tennmak pro--less bassy/boomy, more balanced and detailed w/a bigger stage. the finder is likewise less bass-emphasized, more analytical and balanced. both are good for certain genres, but if you want more bottom end at the sub-50 pricepoint i'd also look at the trn v80 or bosshifi b3s; the bqeyz bq3 is also worth a look.

Jan 17, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #21,378 of 33,689

That’s a great price for the T2.

I listen to a lot of techno and electronic also. But the T2, as awesome as it is, will probably leave you wanting more with those genres. It just doesn’t have the low end grunt to be satisfying.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #21,379 of 33,689
You can actually turn T2 into a basshead-iem with very simple mode; cover the holes under the nozzles with blue tack or something. I tried it and it works, a bit too bassy for me though.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #21,380 of 33,689
You can actually turn T2 into a basshead-iem with very simple mode; cover the holes under the nozzles with blue tack or something. I tried it and it works, a bit too bassy for me though.

I tried that mod and didn’t really care for it. It just made the low end overpowering and really sloppy.

I’d rather have less bass but tight/precise than a wall of loose/sloppy bass.

Also, I have loads of other v shaped earphones. The T2 are special and unique, and I wanted to keep them just as they are.

Jan 17, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #21,382 of 33,689
the t2 is a completely different beast than the tennmak pro--less bassy/boomy, more balanced and detailed w/a bigger stage. the finder is likewise less bass-emphasized, more analytical and balanced. both are good for certain genres, but if you want more bottom end at the sub-50 pricepoint i'd also look at the trn v80 or bosshifi b3s; the bqeyz bq3 is also worth a look.

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I'm leaning towards the BQ3 after quickly looking at the reviews for that and the TRN V80. One review described the V80 as sibilant and another BQ3 review compared it with the V80 and described the V80's treble as grainy and aggressive.

I listen to a lot of techno and electronic also. But the T2, as awesome as it is, will probably leave you wanting more with those genres. It just doesn’t have the low end grunt to be satisfying.

Thanks for your insight, especially with the similar genres. It's certainly tough to find budget IEMs that can deliver on the bass without it being boomy and muddying the rest.

Maybe one last question: Should I look into cable upgrades or ear tips with the BQ3 while I'm on Aliexpress? Sorry I very seldom make new audio purchases these days.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #21,383 of 33,689

You might consider the ZhiYin Z5000 ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...etal-Earphone-With-MMCX-Bass/32738712329.html ), which has strong low Bass, but not as much Mid-Bass as the Tennmak Pro.
I use the Tennmak Pro when I'm sleeping, because it does have that warm Bass / Mid-Bass signature.
The Z5000, due to its size and shape, isn't comfortable for me to use while sleeping - but other than that, it's a really nice earphone.

Jan 17, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #21,384 of 33,689
Thanks for your insight, especially with the similar genres. It's certainly tough to find budget IEMs that can deliver on the bass without it being boomy and muddying the rest.

Maybe one last question: Should I look into cable upgrades or ear tips with the BQ3 while I'm on Aliexpress? Sorry I very seldom make new audio purchases these days.

Cables aren’t really necessary, unless a stock cable is particularly poor quality. The stock BQEYZ cables are just fine. You can always upgrade the cable down the road.

Tips are always good to have, and by trying out different types of tips you can tweak the sound.

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #21,385 of 33,689
You might consider the ZhiYin Z5000 ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...etal-Earphone-With-MMCX-Bass/32738712329.html ), which has strong low Bass, but not as much Mid-Bass as the Tennmak Pro.
I use the Tennmak Pro when I'm sleeping, because it does have that warm Bass / Mid-Bass signature.
The Z5000, due to its size and shape, isn't comfortable for me to use while sleeping - but other than that, it's a really nice earphone.

Thanks for the suggestion! The Z5000 reviews sound great, unanimously praising its bass. Does the Z5000 sound clearer than the Tennmak Pro? The Tennmak's boominess really bothers me.

Has anyone compared the Z5000 and the BQ3? I knew coming back on Head-Fi is going down a rabbit hole!

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #21,386 of 33,689
Thanks for the suggestion! The Z5000 reviews sound great, unanimously praising its bass. Does the Z5000 sound clearer than the Tennmak Pro? The Tennmak's boominess really bothers me.

Has anyone compared the Z5000 and the BQ3? I knew coming back on Head-Fi is going down a rabbit hole!
I’ll compare them....BQ3 is is a great all rounder with a good bass section. Probably the best one I’ve heard in the price range. I like it over the T2 regular and pros, and V80. Probably like it better than the Co Donguri brass as a whole (though those have a little magic to them. zhiyin 5000 is a muddled mess with a big fat bass. The clarity is subpar. Skip it. They hurt my ears both aurally and physically. A crude build as well.

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #21,387 of 33,689
I’ll compare them....BQ3 is is a great all rounder with a good bass section. Probably the best one I’ve heard in the price range. I like it over the T2 regular and pros, and V80. Probably like it better than the Co Donguri brass as a whole (though those have a little magic to them. zhiyin 5000 is a muddled mess with a big fat bass. The clarity is subpar. Skip it. They hurt my ears both aurally and physically. A crude build as well.

BQ3 is really good at its price point and will be hard to beat. The only caveat is that it has some phase issues so can have some funky imaging at times. I still really like the BQ3 as it does a lot well, it took me quite awhile to find the imaging issue as it does not crop up often so it may be that you never notice it.

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #21,388 of 33,689
BQ3 is really good at its price point and will be hard to beat. The only caveat is that it has some phase issues so can have some funky imaging at times. I still really like the BQ3 as it does a lot well, it took me quite awhile to find the imaging issue as it does not crop up often so it may be that you never notice it.
Part of my ritual upon receiving a new unit is to run the phase test:

or https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_polaritycheck.php

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #21,389 of 33,689

Thank you so much for your insights!

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #21,390 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back