Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 31, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #16,891 of 33,689
is anyone good with eq settings here?
i want to make make my iems sound soft, airy and balanced
also my iems have a little compressed soundstage can that be treated with eq?
Soft and airy are contradicting in some ways, although it is possible to have both. You could potentially improve the soundstage by thinning out the midrange and boosting the treble but that's going to steer the sound further away from what I think of as "soft". Worth a try though but personally I prefer to find an IEM that suits my preference rather than resorting to EQ.

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #16,892 of 33,689
Lol, it is hard to tell what products we're allowed to talk about anymore. Thank you though, I have seen those and have been curious to hear more about them. Do you find them to be comfortable?
They are extremely comfortable - wear all day kind of comfortable. I will be posting a full review in the near future as well.

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #16,894 of 33,689
Screenshot_20180801-085132.png
and i will get screwed over by customs again

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #16,895 of 33,689
It has a nice tonal balance with plenty of detail and good clarity. Bass is tight and well-controlled with no bleed into the mids. Mids and vocals are not recessed and the treble is crisp but non-fatiguing and not at all harsh. Very cohesive sound overall, this is some quality tuning.
Sounds like a competent contender indeed. I can’t wait to read your full review of them in the future!

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #16,896 of 33,689
For anyone who owns and loves the Hisenior B5+, what eartips do you prefer? I’ve found that smaller wide bore tips help to clear the sound a bit as well as reduce some weird splashiness in the treble. Narrow bore tips seem to muddy up the sound and make cymbal crashes sound artificial and fatiguing. Which tips provide the best clarity and treble performance?

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #16,897 of 33,689
For anyone who owns and loves the Hisenior B5+, what eartips do you prefer? I’ve found that smaller wide bore tips help to clear the sound a bit as well as reduce some weird splashiness in the treble. Narrow bore tips seem to muddy up the sound and make cymbal crashes sound artificial and fatiguing. Which tips provide the best clarity and treble performance?

i use ortofons on mine (most balanced) and occasionally narrow bore if i want a bigger bass. opposite to my experience, using wide bores makes the cymbals splashy and crunched. it's weird, i know because usually wide bores should open the cymbals more.

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #16,899 of 33,689
Screenshot_20180801-115331.png

state of importing things in india

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #16,902 of 33,689
Aug 1, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #16,904 of 33,689
The Secret Garden is quite a nice addition to the TFZ line-up with a bold bass reproduction.

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #16,905 of 33,689
Ah, I see you're liking them too :) I haven't noticed any of the treble dip that you mentioned but I haven't done any critical listening and have been chilling with some uber chill tunes. Of course, I have been listening to other stuff as well and it's all been good so far.

I have been having some ear irritation issues lately, which could have something to do with the sound impressions. I have been trying to refrain from using IEMs and sticking with earbuds and headphones until the inflammation is resolved. That's why I had only listened to the K2 for a few hours. It could also have been the music and source I was using, because I was out of town with access to only my iPhone/MP3 music. They have been sitting on the burn in rig ever since. I will revisit them on proper equipment when they are done burning in and I my ears are all healed up.

Here's something interesting I will mention about the BQEYZ K2. It has 2 very interesting features related to the BA driver that I have not seen before:

1. There's a copper sleeve/ring on the end of the BA nozzle, which according to the manufacturer's marketing says is to help eliminate unwanted vibrations and resonance. I know that some manufacturers make parts of their IEM bodies and/or nozzles out of copper for the same reason. I have never seen this on a BA driver before.

2. They added a damper/resistor to the end of the BA nozzle. It performs the same function as the dampers/resistors they add to BA tubes when tuning CEIMs and many higher end BA IEMs. But normally on the low-end IEMs, we just see BA drivers 'stuck' in the very end nozzle of IEMs. Unfortunately, this leaves no room for tubes or traditional BA resistors to be used. So this K2 is the 1st time I have seen a resistor damper added to this 'BA in the end of the nozzle' type of IEM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back