Jul 11, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #33,271 of 33,689
Jul 11, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #33,272 of 33,689
Witch girl W6.2 cost around 1000$
It has 2DD 8mm +2BA (mids) +2BA (highs)

655E4BC1-4DC4-4D59-B585-82FF39BB2CAA.jpeg

Jul 11, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #33,273 of 33,689
Jul 11, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #33,274 of 33,689
Jul 14, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #33,276 of 33,689
Hello fellow head-fier’s, up is my long awaited review of the TANCHJIM OXYGEN.

WeChat Image_20210704040405.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040438.jpg

ABOUT the TANCHJIM OXYGEN in-ear earphone:
Tanchjim, also known in China as ‘Angel Jim’ is a well-known Chi-Fi earphone brand for quite some time now. They became very popular after releasing the Tanchim Oxygen some good amount years back. The unit housing is very interesting and unique to the brand. The right side of the headset is printed with Tanchjim's Angel LOGO with the year 2015, and the left side is printed with the model name OXYGEN. The stainless steel units have a sense of luster with the feel of a well-made pair of “chrome-like” looking earphones. Though, the disadvantage is that it’s easier to show fingerprint stains and a slight chance that if they are not taken care of, the mirror-like finish on the unit will lightly display scratch marks on the surface. But, no matter the intricate details, make no mistake! The quality is very high and fine looking, and is worthy of its price! Tanchjim also has a line-up of other competitive models, like the Cora, Hana, Darling, and the budget priced, Tanya. They also believe their products are artworks and the proof is in their workmanship and details put into them, which in my opinion matches the overall cost and workmanship.

MY REVIEW:
In this review, I was given the opportunity to listen to the Tanchjim Oxygen in-ear monitor earphones, which was sent to my doorstep in return for an honest review. Though, I do want to express that there is no other involvement other than to give an honest review and impression of the Tanchjim Oxygen.

DESCRIPTION and SPECIFICATION:
The brand is called TANCHJIM and the model is OXYGEN. The wearing type is in-ear monitors. There is a color choice of Silver or Black. Sensitivity is 110db at 32 ohms, while distortion is only at <0.2%. The diaphragm consists of Carbon Nano, while the drivers size is 9.2 graphene dynamic. Frequency response is a wide 10-40khz. There are 2 detachable cables with a 0.78MM 2-pin insert.

WeChat Image_20210704040527.jpg

SOUND SIGNATURE:
They have a balanced, but clear and transparent sounding signature which manages to provide good natural sounding timbre, and a surprisingly low sounding bass and sub-bass. It has very low to zero distortion making it one of the best DD’s for natural clarity and enjoyment throughout an entire list of genres.

WeChat Image_20210704040258.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040350.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040418.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040334.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040432.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040519.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040459.jpg

PACKAGE:
The OXYGEN comes in a nice gray box, which includes a pair of well-built and well-polished silver mirror-like in-ear metal/alloy earphones, two sets of detachable cables with 0.78mm 2-pin attachment, two sets of black small-medium-large silicone narrow-barrow ear tips for your own choice of comfort and sound mounted on a square panel, 20 nozzle mesh filters, metal logo sticker, a nice well-made leather looking oval storage case, and a manual with warranty information all in one square packaged box.

WeChat Image_20210704040507.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040426.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040444.jpg

ADDITIONAL PACKAGE:
Tanchjim sent me a third detachable cable as part of my review and I can truly say, after trying them on, they make for a good upgrade! Keep in mind, these are an additional purchase. But, if you’re looking for a better balanced sound with quicker bass response and equally better midrange and treble response that has even more precision for details, these cables are effectively better and can be a great addition to an already exclusive package. They can be purchased at the Tanchjim Official Store. Just follow the link at the end of my review. Well done, TANCHJIM!

NOTICEABLE CHANGES:
At first, receiving and listening to the Tanchjim Oxygen, I was surprised on how transparent and clean they sounded right out of the box. So, after burning them in for 100 hours, they played exceptionally clear, airy, very musical, and nicely tuned. With its small and compact frame, they are very comfortable. I could listen to them for hours at a time with little, to no discomfort.

WeChat Image_20210704040343.jpg

SOUND:
BASS:
The bass is articulate, quick and punchy, and can demonstrate good quality detailed bass, especially in the sub-bass region. The bass does not bleed into the lower MID’s and maintains enough overall bass that’s really quick with plenty of texture keeping the whole signature quite fluently balanced. Though, the bass is quite balanced, it surely provides precision and satisfaction.

MIDRANGE:
The midrange has lush and clarity, or better yet, transparency that leaves you almost breathless and engaged, while it’s nicely tuned with the rest of the frequency giving you exceptional and precise coherency. The midrange does favor both females and males and you will definitely benefit from much more open space from vocalist as well as different instruments coming together for an exciting exposure to your music.

TREBLE:
The treble demonstrates excellent precision and control, while maintaining a good flow of clarity with excellent detail and fluency. This kind of upper signature is hard to achieve for a DD and the OXYGEN does it quite well. The treble working together with the midrange can only be expressed as immersive and organic, and the combination of both can only be described as tuning excellence at its best.

SOUNDSTAGE & RESOLUTION
The OXYGEN’s soundstage is wide and lively with plenty of stage presence since the signature is so open and clear. They demonstrate a better than average wide soundstage due to its clear sounding nature with nice separation and imaging. At times it can even demonstrate a 3D-like effect, while the immersive soundstage presence, resolution, and timbre is epic and grand and some may even find the tuning as an end game in their own personal collection.

WeChat Image_20210704040513.jpg

COMPARISONS:
In relation to the comparison below, I personally think all the IEM's below are fairly well-made and can easily please even the most experienced in just sound quality alone. But, remember these are all Chi-Fi branded IEM's and some people might be judgmental on quality rather than just sound alone. So, keep in mind, the comparisons below will be based more on sound impression.

NA2+ -vs- TANCHJIM OXYGEN
Coming from NF Audio is the NA2+, which is their latest flagship earphone selling very well for the past few months, which can demonstrate excellent clarity, and a bigger than average soundstage and resolution. Now, how does the NA2+ compare to the OXYGEN? On a quick note, they do sound slightly different. The NA2+ sounds more of a cross between timbre and technicality, while the OXYGEN sounds slightly more rich, luscious with plenty of timbre. Though, the clarity on the NA2+ does sound brighter and demonstrate better than average soundstage, good separation and imaging, the OXYGEN has slightly wider soundstage presence and 3D-like lively image. Bass has slightly better texture and weight on the OXYGEN, while females shine equally on both, though micro-details can be detected more on the NA2+. This comparison shows how the NA2+ can really compete with the much higher priced OXYGEN. But, keep in mind that the OXYGEN are incredibly safe and coherently easy to listen to with no disturbing high peaks and better comfort as well when compared to the NA2+. The OXYGEN also offers 2 cables (one with MIC, and one without), while the NA2+ only comes with one. So, in the end, they both offer a different experience for such good sounding dynamic drivers and can be described as superb and exceptionally musical to the highest standard and definitely "bang for the buck" and can be an end game for those that desire only DD’s.

BLON BL03 -vs- TANCHJIM OXYGEN
Rumor has it that the OXYGEN was tuned by the same person that tuned the BL03. So, for fun, let’s see if some of the tuning is compatible to the immense DD accuracy of the OXYGEN. First off, the BL03 are no slouch. They have the capability of bringing down IEM’s, double, or even triple their price in sound and practically in their well-built solid housing as well. Both the BL03 and OXYGEN have a well-balanced sound to their signature and both are well constructed, though the BL03’s bass might be a little over done with some mid-bass bleeding. But, they both provide an entirely different price bracket, so let’s see what makes the price difference. Now, the BL03’s is capable of outclassing many earphones at its lower price range with nice transparently and coherency since first surprising many in the IEM market. But, this is where the BL03 is limited. The OXYGEN just sounds broader throughout the whole range providing a better and natural sub-bass, amazing upper-midrange, and finer and precise details. Eventually, the BL03 sounds slightly less natural on details and mid-bass can be a bit too strong on certain songs. So, this is the difference when you save for a higher price bracket. When it comes to natural timbre, the OXYGEN just takes first place due to the natural sounding violins coming through, while the BL03 can be compared as a surprising close second. Overall, when it comes to “quality control”, “packaging”, and “warranty”, the OXYGEN has the BL03 beat for sure.

KB EAR DIAMOND -vs- TANCHJIM OXYGEN
These two IEM’s makes for an interesting comparison, because they display a lot of similarities in looks, fashion, and sound, though I can say that the smaller size and fit does go to the OXYGEN. Now, there are some differences that can be distinguished between the two and that is the engaging and coherently clearer signature of the OXYGEN. The DIAMOND’s have a very rich, but slightly thicker signature, giving the leads to male vocalist, though the OXYGEN can favor both male and female vocalist harmonically better. The DIAMOND’s provides excellent sub-bass/bass and rumble, while the OXYGEN are slightly quicker to the punch with better texture. Now, the upper midrange of the DIAMOND does sound tamer and warmer when compared to the OXYGEN’s display of incredibly livelier imaging. Both the OXYGEN and DIAMOND provides a wide soundstage with good height and depth, while the treble for the OXYGEN has slightly better details adding to the already transparent and airy sound they can display. So, when it comes to a realistic listening experience, that’s when the OXYGEN takes the lead. It has a lively stage presence that the DIAMOND’s seem to lack. They provide an acoustically precise audio experience with the best timbre to date. But, again, it’s a matter of preference, since the DIAMONDS are good contenders from its price point, IMHO.

PROS:
One of the best sounding timbre to date, exceptionally clear and luscious sound, excellent build quality, two detachable cables with one MIC and the other with no MIC, two sets of small-medium-large silicone ear tips, better than average realistic-like soundstage, beautifully detailed metal housing with a polished silver finish look.

CONS:
Fit and short nozzle might not be for everyone.

WeChat Image_20210704040411.jpg

FINAL COMMENTS:
It’s quite understanding why the OXYGENS has maintained such a BIG following, since many IEM’s has failed to maintain such a safe and easy going tuning that does not offend in any way. They can definitely hold their own and can be viewed as a level of premium quality for their price. Though, lately there has been stiff competition from other rival companies, the OXYGEN’s, which only sports DD's, can still be considered as true class leading performers to date!

SPECIAL THANKS:
Lastly, I want to give a special thanks to Tanchjim’s team for sending the OXYGEN in return for an honest review. My views on the sound signature may be different or beneficial to some, so please compare my review with others before making your own personal decision whether if this product is right for you, or not. Right now, the cost is currently around $270 US dollars, though price may vary elsewhere due to the country delivered, coupon offers, or shipment cost. Tanchjim’s official website and their other official stores for purchase can be found at the links below…

ALIEXPRESS:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001143760125.html

TAOBAO:
1) TANCHJIM official store…
https://shop529600974.taobao.com
2) TANCHJIM flagship store…
https://tanchjim.tmall.com

Hope this review can be helpful towards your next purchase...

-Clear

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #33,277 of 33,689
Hello fellow head-fier’s, up is my long awaited review of the TANCHJIM OXYGEN.

WeChat Image_20210704040405.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040438.jpg

ABOUT the TANCHJIM OXYGEN in-ear earphone:
Tanchjim, also known in China as ‘Angel Jim’ is a well-known Chi-Fi earphone brand for quite some time now. They became very popular after releasing the Tanchim Oxygen some good amount years back. The unit housing is very interesting and unique to the brand. The right side of the headset is printed with Tanchjim's Angel LOGO with the year 2015, and the left side is printed with the model name OXYGEN. The stainless steel units have a sense of luster with the feel of a well-made pair of “chrome-like” looking earphones. Though, the disadvantage is that it’s easier to show fingerprint stains and a slight chance that if they are not taken care of, the mirror-like finish on the unit will lightly display scratch marks on the surface. But, no matter the intricate details, make no mistake! The quality is very high and fine looking, and is worthy of its price! Tanchjim also has a line-up of other competitive models, like the Cora, Hana, Darling, and the budget priced, Tanya. They also believe their products are artworks and the proof is in their workmanship and details put into them, which in my opinion matches the overall cost and workmanship.

MY REVIEW:
In this review, I was given the opportunity to listen to the Tanchjim Oxygen in-ear monitor earphones, which was sent to my doorstep in return for an honest review. Though, I do want to express that there is no other involvement other than to give an honest review and impression of the Tanchjim Oxygen.

DESCRIPTION and SPECIFICATION:
The brand is called TANCHJIM and the model is OXYGEN. The wearing type is in-ear monitors. There is a color choice of Silver or Black. Sensitivity is 110db at 32 ohms, while distortion is only at <0.2%. The diaphragm consists of Carbon Nano, while the drivers size is 9.2 graphene dynamic. Frequency response is a wide 10-40khz. There are 2 detachable cables with a 0.78MM 2-pin insert.

WeChat Image_20210704040527.jpg

SOUND SIGNATURE:
They have a balanced, but clear and transparent sounding signature which manages to provide good natural sounding timbre, and a surprisingly low sounding bass and sub-bass. It has very low to zero distortion making it one of the best DD’s for natural clarity and enjoyment throughout an entire list of genres.

WeChat Image_20210704040258.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040350.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040418.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040334.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040432.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040519.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040459.jpg

PACKAGE:
The OXYGEN comes in a nice gray box, which includes a pair of well-built and well-polished silver mirror-like in-ear metal/alloy earphones, two sets of detachable cables with 0.78mm 2-pin attachment, two sets of black small-medium-large silicone narrow-barrow ear tips for your own choice of comfort and sound mounted on a square panel, 20 nozzle mesh filters, metal logo sticker, a nice well-made leather looking oval storage case, and a manual with warranty information all in one square packaged box.

WeChat Image_20210704040507.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040426.jpgWeChat Image_20210704040444.jpg

ADDITIONAL PACKAGE:
Tanchjim sent me a third detachable cable as part of my review and I can truly say, after trying them on, they make for a good upgrade! Keep in mind, these are an additional purchase. But, if you’re looking for a better balanced sound with quicker bass response and equally better midrange and treble response that has even more precision for details, these cables are effectively better and can be a great addition to an already exclusive package. They can be purchased at the Tanchjim Official Store. Just follow the link at the end of my review. Well done, TANCHJIM!

NOTICEABLE CHANGES:
At first, receiving and listening to the Tanchjim Oxygen, I was surprised on how transparent and clean they sounded right out of the box. So, after burning them in for 100 hours, they played exceptionally clear, airy, very musical, and nicely tuned. With its small and compact frame, they are very comfortable. I could listen to them for hours at a time with little, to no discomfort.

WeChat Image_20210704040343.jpg

SOUND:
BASS:
The bass is articulate, quick and punchy, and can demonstrate good quality detailed bass, especially in the sub-bass region. The bass does not bleed into the lower MID’s and maintains enough overall bass that’s really quick with plenty of texture keeping the whole signature quite fluently balanced. Though, the bass is quite balanced, it surely provides precision and satisfaction.

MIDRANGE:
The midrange has lush and clarity, or better yet, transparency that leaves you almost breathless and engaged, while it’s nicely tuned with the rest of the frequency giving you exceptional and precise coherency. The midrange does favor both females and males and you will definitely benefit from much more open space from vocalist as well as different instruments coming together for an exciting exposure to your music.

TREBLE:
The treble demonstrates excellent precision and control, while maintaining a good flow of clarity with excellent detail and fluency. This kind of upper signature is hard to achieve for a DD and the OXYGEN does it quite well. The treble working together with the midrange can only be expressed as immersive and organic, and the combination of both can only be described as tuning excellence at its best.

SOUNDSTAGE & RESOLUTION
The OXYGEN’s soundstage is wide and lively with plenty of stage presence since the signature is so open and clear. They demonstrate a better than average wide soundstage due to its clear sounding nature with nice separation and imaging. At times it can even demonstrate a 3D-like effect, while the immersive soundstage presence, resolution, and timbre is epic and grand and some may even find the tuning as an end game in their own personal collection.

WeChat Image_20210704040513.jpg

COMPARISONS:
In relation to the comparison below, I personally think all the IEM's below are fairly well-made and can easily please even the most experienced in just sound quality alone. But, remember these are all Chi-Fi branded IEM's and some people might be judgmental on quality rather than just sound alone. So, keep in mind, the comparisons below will be based more on sound impression.

NA2+ -vs- TANCHJIM OXYGEN
Coming from NF Audio is the NA2+, which is their latest flagship earphone selling very well for the past few months, which can demonstrate excellent clarity, and a bigger than average soundstage and resolution. Now, how does the NA2+ compare to the OXYGEN? On a quick note, they do sound slightly different. The NA2+ sounds more of a cross between timbre and technicality, while the OXYGEN sounds slightly more rich, luscious with plenty of timbre. Though, the clarity on the NA2+ does sound brighter and demonstrate better than average soundstage, good separation and imaging, the OXYGEN has slightly wider soundstage presence and 3D-like lively image. Bass has slightly better texture and weight on the OXYGEN, while females shine equally on both, though micro-details can be detected more on the NA2+. This comparison shows how the NA2+ can really compete with the much higher priced OXYGEN. But, keep in mind that the OXYGEN are incredibly safe and coherently easy to listen to with no disturbing high peaks and better comfort as well when compared to the NA2+. The OXYGEN also offers 2 cables (one with MIC, and one without), while the NA2+ only comes with one. So, in the end, they both offer a different experience for such good sounding dynamic drivers and can be described as superb and exceptionally musical to the highest standard and definitely "bang for the buck" and can be an end game for those that desire only DD’s.

BLON BL03 -vs- TANCHJIM OXYGEN
Rumor has it that the OXYGEN was tuned by the same person that tuned the BL03. So, for fun, let’s see if some of the tuning is compatible to the immense DD accuracy of the OXYGEN. First off, the BL03 are no slouch. They have the capability of bringing down IEM’s, double, or even triple their price in sound and practically in their well-built solid housing as well. Both the BL03 and OXYGEN have a well-balanced sound to their signature and both are well constructed, though the BL03’s bass might be a little over done with some mid-bass bleeding. But, they both provide an entirely different price bracket, so let’s see what makes the price difference. Now, the BL03’s is capable of outclassing many earphones at its lower price range with nice transparently and coherency since first surprising many in the IEM market. But, this is where the BL03 is limited. The OXYGEN just sounds broader throughout the whole range providing a better and natural sub-bass, amazing upper-midrange, and finer and precise details. Eventually, the BL03 sounds slightly less natural on details and mid-bass can be a bit too strong on certain songs. So, this is the difference when you save for a higher price bracket. When it comes to natural timbre, the OXYGEN just takes first place due to the natural sounding violins coming through, while the BL03 can be compared as a surprising close second. Overall, when it comes to “quality control”, “packaging”, and “warranty”, the OXYGEN has the BL03 beat for sure.

KB EAR DIAMOND -vs- TANCHJIM OXYGEN
These two IEM’s makes for an interesting comparison, because they display a lot of similarities in looks, fashion, and sound, though I can say that the smaller size and fit does go to the OXYGEN. Now, there are some differences that can be distinguished between the two and that is the engaging and coherently clearer signature of the OXYGEN. The DIAMOND’s have a very rich, but slightly thicker signature, giving the leads to male vocalist, though the OXYGEN can favor both male and female vocalist harmonically better. The DIAMOND’s provides excellent sub-bass/bass and rumble, while the OXYGEN are slightly quicker to the punch with better texture. Now, the upper midrange of the DIAMOND does sound tamer and warmer when compared to the OXYGEN’s display of incredibly livelier imaging. Both the OXYGEN and DIAMOND provides a wide soundstage with good height and depth, while the treble for the OXYGEN has slightly better details adding to the already transparent and airy sound they can display. So, when it comes to a realistic listening experience, that’s when the OXYGEN takes the lead. It has a lively stage presence that the DIAMOND’s seem to lack. They provide an acoustically precise audio experience with the best timbre to date. But, again, it’s a matter of preference, since the DIAMONDS are good contenders from its price point, IMHO.

PROS:
One of the best sounding timbre to date, exceptionally clear and luscious sound, excellent build quality, two detachable cables with one MIC and the other with no MIC, two sets of small-medium-large silicone ear tips, better than average realistic-like soundstage, beautifully detailed metal housing with a polished silver finish look.

CONS:
Fit and short nozzle might not be for everyone.

WeChat Image_20210704040411.jpg

FINAL COMMENTS:
It’s quite understanding why the OXYGENS has maintained such a BIG following, since many IEM’s has failed to maintain such a safe and easy going tuning that does not offend in any way. They can definitely hold their own and can be viewed as a level of premium quality for their price. Though, lately there has been stiff competition from other rival companies, but the OXYGEN’s can still be considered as true class leading performance DD to date!

SPECIAL THANKS:
Lastly, I want to give a special thanks to Tanchjim’s team for sending the OXYGEN in return for an honest review. My views on the sound signature may be different or beneficial to some, so please compare my review with others before making your own personal decision whether if this product is right for you, or not. Right now, the cost is currently around $270 US dollars, though price may vary elsewhere due to the country delivered, coupon offers, or shipment cost. Tanchjim’s official website and their other official stores for purchase can be found at the links below…

ALIEXPRESS:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001143760125.html

TAOBAO:
1) TANCHJIM official store…
https://shop529600974.taobao.com
2) TANCHJIM flagship store…
https://tanchjim.tmall.com

Hope this review can be helpful towards your next purchase...

-Clear
Great review, 👍

Jul 19, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #33,278 of 33,689
I got the See Audio Yume Summer Edition. This is only limited to Hongkong market.
20210719_145539.jpg
20210719_153044.jpg

Jul 22, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #33,280 of 33,689
Got the chance to be one of the first one to try these SeeAudio Bravery and these exceed my expectations! Here's the graphs! It's really impressive specially that it's priced really competitive at 279usdIMG_20210526_205739_072.jpgIMG_20210721_131827.jpg
Relaxed sound with a lot of details,
looks great,
for modern electronic music, rap, hip-hop, pop,
not so much for an acoustic / jazz,

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #33,281 of 33,689
Received my Heart Mirror yesterday and boy they are truly a miracle in this price segment if one prefers neutrality, tonal+timbral accuracy and musicality. I'm using completely stock setup and everything is per my taste, I might tip roll to check how they react with their bundled in tips and some of the premium tips.

But in this price category, they're miles clear of T2 and BL03. T2+ is slightly sterile but not far behind. And, with foamies I am sure they will turn into a lean machine with canon-like bass. As impressions have been, they're demanding and I had to go at least 20% beyond my usual listening levels to get these mirrors sing in a way that plucks strings of my heart.

I have received KZ BA10 as well but I haven't even unboxed them😂 Detailed impressions will be up in some time, but I'm really happy to have got them for $33. They beat the crap out of everyone at that price.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #33,282 of 33,689
I just sat down with the Tinhifi P1 ($152 on Linsoul). My impression is that the sound is a bit wonky, a bit unnatural to my ear from real life instruments.

Fairly balanced tuning with a good clarity and hit in the mids. There's a kind of fun sound to them, but I just couldn't find myself to enjoy them when the wonky sound kept getting at me. I have some similar thoughts in my impressions video (just posted).

Aug 4, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #33,283 of 33,689
Aug 4, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #33,284 of 33,689
Aug 7, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #33,285 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back