Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 14, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #32,131 of 33,689
Extra emphasis on the greed part. They are going to have to increase their SQ a lot from the P1 to the P2 to be able to compete in the market today with giants like the LZ A7, Tanchjim Oxygen and the Fiio FH3 out there.

And the P2 will still be at a dissadvantage over the others even if they perform on the same/above the market. Because of the need to use a powerful amp for it.

I hope it doesnt have the unnatural timbre in the treble and without the anemic bass like in the P1. If they fixed those factors it might be valid to put it in the price it is right now, because those mids are godly.
The P1 is on sale for about £100 and the TRi i3 is on sale for similar. I can vouch for the TR1 i3 and it has plenty bass too. P2 $320......out of reach to most, relative to the P1.

Oct 14, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #32,132 of 33,689
The P1 is on sale for about £100 and the TRi i3 is on sale for similar. I can vouch for the TR1 i3 and it has plenty bass too. P2 $320......out of reach to most, relative to the P1.
yeah I know. As I said, the P2 is going to have to perform on a extremely high level to be able to justify that price...

I do want it to be good, but based on the stock tuning of the P1....I dont have much faith in it lol. :joy:
(Also why I am more interested in the Tape 2, because they seem to not have let greed take over and is going to price it at the same price as the Tape 1.)

Oct 14, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #32,135 of 33,689
Can any experienced audiophile with a QKZ VK4 try this Parametric EQ? I tried it but as I am new to this hobby, I don't trust my ears. Saw this at a FB Group. Any thoughts?
1602686333678.png

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #32,136 of 33,689
yeah I know. As I said, the P2 is going to have to perform on a extremely high level to be able to justify that price...

I do want it to be good, but based on the stock tuning of the P1....I dont have much faith in it lol. :joy:
(Also why I am more interested in the Tape 2, because they seem to not have let greed take over and is going to price it at the same price as the Tape 1.)

I really want to be the next CL2; I will be disappointed, won't I?

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #32,137 of 33,689
You wont be dissapointed if you dont get it. :smirk:

Best to not have that high expectations from it.
Although you will certainly have high expectations with that price tag and this big statement they made:
1602702425415.png

:joy:

Oct 14, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #32,138 of 33,689
I‘m still a Tin HiFi fan, even with the seemingly overpriced P2. Just let the market decide. Even if it‘s very good, if not worth its price, given the stiff competition, it won’t sell well. I’m just thankful for the existence of IEMs like the Tri i3 and the LZ A7.

Oct 14, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #32,139 of 33,689
You wont be dissapointed if you dont get it. :smirk:

Best to not have that high expectations from it.
Although you will certainly have high expectations with that price tag and this big statement they made:
1602702425415.png
:joy:

I've just ordered them with express shipping.

Oct 14, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #32,140 of 33,689
Oct 14, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #32,141 of 33,689
Ok, this looks like quite an "interesting" product:

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/headphones-iems/products/shozy-black-hole

$799 single-driver IEM from Shozy called "The Black Hole!" And it has lots of holes in the faceplate and Linsoul says the following about it:

"The dotted black hole on the surface just like the a region of space, into which matter has fallen and from which nothing can escape. It houses every tiny details in it and presents the best performance anytime
anywhere"

I would love to think this is an incredibly innovative IEM that is worth $799. But I will leave it to others to find out if this is true :).

Oct 14, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #32,142 of 33,689
Hope it’s amazing, and even better than its price suggests.

We may all get a pleasant surprise. If previous Tin Audio IEMs are anything to go by, their products are priced well below IEMs with similar sound quality, in my view.

Just imagine the Tin T4 sold by Campfire Audio, it would be referred to as "Reference" in ear monitors and there are those who would gush about them...how wonderful they are. The T2 Plus sparkles endlessly, while the P1 mids are exceptional (from what I hear) When I pick up my T4s, even today, with so many good IEMs on the market, it still surprises me with clarity and detail at such a relatively reasonable price.

Tin Audio's sin is to cater to the treble-seekers while they offer little to the bass centric amongst us, so that they also exclude some of us who are neither treble averse nor bass centric.

Let's hope they have something special worthy of THAT price!

Oct 14, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #32,143 of 33,689
We may all get a pleasant surprise. If previous Tin Audio IEMs are anything to go by, their products are priced well below IEMs with similar sound quality, in my view.

Just imagine the Tin T4 sold by Campfire Audio, it would be referred to as "Reference" in ear monitors and there are those who would gush about them...how wonderful they are. The T2 Plus sparkles endlessly, while the P1 mids are exceptional (from what I hear) When I pick up my T4s, even today, with so many good IEMs on the market, it still surprises me with clarity and detail at such a relatively reasonable price.

Tin Audio's sin is to cater to the treble-seekers while they offer little to the bass centric amongst us, so that they also exclude some of us who are neither treble averse nor bass centric.

Let's hope they have something special worthy of THAT price!

Yes, I would very much like for it to be something special, as despite myself, I find the "Black Hole" concept and the field of holes design kind of cool. There are, in fact, single DD IEM's that cost a lot and are very good, so maybe they have designed something uniquely fine here. Then again, maybe I'm a sucker for cool marketing campaigns.

I will be looking with some interest for and at the first reviews.

Oct 14, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #32,144 of 33,689

Sorry, I am coming in a bit late here. What do you mean here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back