Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 30, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #31,831 of 33,689
I love the sound of my UFs. I personally like it more than my No.3 in every way, bass potency, transient response, bass texturing, midrange tuning, treble extension, etc.
The no.3 is a joke at that price... the bass quantity is the only saving grace on it but then we have the Tingker TK200 that actually has a similar quantity but also much better quality (and better in everything else and also cheaper...).

Aug 30, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #31,832 of 33,689
I think my URBANFUN is a noble metal version as I found its subbass just ok. Nothing like what others were describing. It’s good but overall it’s too v-shaped and uneven sounding to me. Their QC is also a major problem; my left mmcx connector was faulty and I had to fix it with a contact enhancer and pliers.

Aug 30, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #31,833 of 33,689
I think my URBANFUN is a noble metal version as I found its subbass just ok. Nothing like what others were describing. It’s good but overall it’s too v-shaped and uneven sounding to me. Their QC is also a major problem; my left mmcx connector was faulty and I had to fix it with a contact enhancer and pliers.
That is a shame. Urbanfun really shot themselves in the foot due to their garbage QC...

Aug 30, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #31,834 of 33,689
That is a shame. Urbanfun really shot themselves in the foot due to their garbage QC...

yeah but all good, I fixed the connector and decided not to cable roll with mine. Have you ordered the ISN D02 yet? It’s turning out to be another gem. similarly priced to YBF but it sounds much more mature and great. Oh wait you ended up ordering the O2?

Aug 30, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #31,835 of 33,689
yeah but all good, I fixed the connector and decided not to cable roll with mine. Have you ordered the ISN D02 yet? It’s turning out to be another gem. similarly priced to YBF but it sounds much more mature and great. Oh wait you ended up ordering the O2?
Yeah I ordered the Oxygen. Not going to get more stuff (especially not DD/hybrids) for a while though.

I have my eyes on the Tin Hifi P2, LZ A6 and maybe the Moondrop SSP.

Aug 31, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #31,836 of 33,689
Yeah I ordered the Oxygen. Not going to get more stuff (especially not DD/hybrids) for a while though.

Sadly we all know how that ends after a month or so when a new flavour of the month drops! Lol

Aug 31, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #31,837 of 33,689

Why do you note that...sound signature, too costly or something else that you don't care for about hybrids?

Aug 31, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #31,838 of 33,689
Why do you note that...sound signature, too costly or something else that you don't care for about hybrids?
I’m guessing that it’s because he has accumulated a lot more single DD and hybrid IEMs recently. He wants to focus on unique drivers and tribrids.

Sep 1, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #31,839 of 33,689
I’m guessing that it’s because he has accumulated a lot more single DD and hybrid IEMs recently. He wants to focus on unique drivers and tribrids.
That is true, but mostly because the Fiio FH3 does everything I want from a dd or hybrid iem.

Those more unique (non-DD/BA) drivers and tri-brids are more unique sounding and more exotic.

Sep 1, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #31,840 of 33,689

Is the P2 imminent? I'm guessing P1 replacement or a higher spec planar?
I didn't quite have the dollar to splurge on the P1 in the sale, it's still likely to be my next purchase though as I don't have a planar IEM and my favourite cans are my Hifimans.

Sep 2, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #31,841 of 33,689
Hey masters of all things chi-fi, I'm in the market for a pair of true wireless earphones. My budget is <$50. I'd ideally like good soundstage and noise isolation as I tend to listen to varying types of music. I checked the thread and couldn't find any clear winner of best TWS chinese iem. I had the soundpeats true dot before which were amazing but randomly stopped connecting or produced sound minimally.

Sep 2, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #31,842 of 33,689
Hey masters of all things chi-fi, I'm in the market for a pair of true wireless earphones. My budget is <$50. I'd ideally like good soundstage and noise isolation as I tend to listen to varying types of music. I checked the thread and couldn't find any clear winner of best TWS chinese iem. I had the soundpeats true dot before which were amazing but randomly stopped connecting or produced sound minimally.

U can ask more in the dedicated TWS thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/going-fully-wireless-iems-too-soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/

There's some ANC TWS buds like the Tronsmart Apollo Bold that just released, I tried it, very bassy (but the mids and treble are somehow still detailed and not encroached upon by the bass). The ANC does work for transit/commute and it has an ambient mode. Tronsmart says they are releasing an app this month that allows one to EQ the bass down, but for now I think those that are bass averse may not like the bass quantities (doesn't bother me for my basshead tastes).

Though generally, I prefer a BT adapter (such as TRN BT20, TRN BT20S, iBasso CF01) over TWS buds, as they allow one to pair a detachable IEM that u are familiar with to it. So u can preserve the sound signature of said IEM, and even if the BT tech gets obsolete/battery life dies, you can keep the IEM. TRN BT20S is not bad, about $25 during sales, good connectivity and battery life, just that it hisses with some highly sensitive IEMs. TRN recently released a TRN BT20S Pro, which has a charging case and swappable 2 pin/MMCX modules, but if u add the modules in, I think the price was north of $70 USD.

Sep 2, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #31,843 of 33,689
U can ask more in the dedicated TWS thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/going-fully-wireless-iems-too-soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/

There's some ANC TWS buds like the Tronsmart Apollo Bold that just released, I tried it, very bassy (but the mids and treble are somehow still detailed and not encroached upon by the bass). The ANC does work for transit/commute and it has an ambient mode. Tronsmart says they are releasing an app this month that allows one to EQ the bass down, but for now I think those that are bass averse may not like the bass quantities (doesn't bother me for my basshead tastes).

Though generally, I prefer a BT adapter (such as TRN BT20, TRN BT20S, iBasso CF01) over TWS buds, as they allow one to pair a detachable IEM that u are familiar with to it. So u can preserve the sound signature of said IEM, and even if the BT tech gets obsolete/battery life dies, you can keep the IEM. TRN BT20S is not bad, about $25 during sales, good connectivity and battery life, just that it hisses with some highly sensitive IEMs. TRN recently released a TRN BT20S Pro, which has a charging case and swappable 2 pin/MMCX modules, but if u add the modules in, I think the price was north of $70 USD.

I'm not a basshead, but the Apollo's bass is quite entertaining. it's still big even after bass cut EQing, but the slam/attack speed of the bass is really enjoyable.

i have a BT20S Pro incoming (along with an extra connector cable), let's see how it goes. if it's good, I'm considering to buy extra pair of connectors and just retire my existing BT20S /BT20

Sep 2, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #31,844 of 33,689
Just wondering if there's any IEM worth buying that is an upgrade to Orb's treble and airiness under $500. H40 is the only one I'm aware of that has a superior treble for my taste, but Orb trumps it for bass and vocals.

Sep 2, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #31,845 of 33,689
Just wondering if there's any IEM worth buying that is an upgrade to Orb's treble and airiness under $500. H40 is the only one I'm aware of that has a superior treble for my taste, but Orb trumps it for bass and vocals.
You want treble and air? Check out the LZ A6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back