Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 29, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #25,786 of 33,689
Still loving the Blon BL-03.

And today these 2 arrived. Audiosense t180 and TRI I4. The audiosense will do a nice comparision with Blon, as they go for exactly the same price. 41$ stock, 30$ on sales. I will make a full review of the 3, just don't know when LOL.

@FastAndClean

BLON BL-03 VS MOONDROP KANAS (regular)

The kanas compared to the blon has a narrower stage and little bit less airyness. The kanas is considerably sharper, the attack is much tighter and mid bass on kanas is more controled and bass decay are tighter as well. The blon is mellow sounding, not harsh at any place, the bass besides being slower, is far from bad or compromising. The sub bass have just a as great extension but is little bit slower and mid bass have a verry small bleed. Still natural and capable tho.

The kanas is more technical, but looses on musicality and soundstage. The blon sounds broader and less revealing with more air and sparkle - i realy don't know why.

The kanas can manage to be almost basshead, but with great micro-dynamics, esp at bass and mids, at the same time being more revealing in complex tracks than the BA on ikko oh1, that glares, for example.

However, the macro dynamics aren't great IMO, compared to the Blon, i have the SUBJECTIVE impressions the the driver on kanas are harder and tighter, while the blon have higher excursion and excels at macro.

They have similar timbre, both sound very correct, with the Kanas having a edge, but also having somekind of a metallical sound.

In the end they sound like they should sound. The kanas is pricier and have superior technical ability. The blon however, have no right to be this good at 41$, and offers a softer, mellow and bassy sounding that's correct, natural, and super duper enjoyable. I love both equally, price no object.

great news, i am waiting for the Blon, purchased after i saw some measurements, it seems well tuned, i am more existed for the CNT1 though
hey i have I4 too, we share a lot of in ears

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #25,787 of 33,689
great news, i am waiting for the Blon, purchased after i saw some measurements, it seems well tuned, i am more existed for the CNT1 though
hey i have I4 too, we share a lot of in ears

Haha, indeed.

Blon, CNT and KANAS, that's about the perfect comparison for the ones looking to find whos budget cabon nanotube is adequate. I can't wait for you.

Cheers.

Aug 29, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #25,788 of 33,689
how's the Blon BL 03 compared to the ZS10 Pro, as they are in the same price range?

Aug 29, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #25,789 of 33,689
Wow I guess we praised them too much. I cannot find anyone on aliexpress with them now. All the people lurking in here bought them... some people might have bought a bunch of them to sell later on ebay...or amazon... or even other aliexpress stores. I think it was probably a closeout and they are discontinued. This was not a new product... People were talking about them more than a year ago but no one paid attention because they were $100 then.... and there were too many other choices at that price.
Arg. Finally got a chance to take a nice walk outdoors today (between schedule, new kitten, and annoyingly warm weather...) to see how the T180+BT3S combo works and while it sounds *wonderful* and the minor Bluetooth hiss is basically unnoticeable outdoors the T180 isolate way more than I like for walking outdoors and I was gonna' probably buy the Semkarch when I got back but nope. -_- Maybe I should just go ahead and buy a cheap low impedance IEM to stall and get another data point before I gamble on yet another something more expensive...

Aug 29, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #25,790 of 33,689
somebody said already the blon and kanas are both same with a bit of eq u can get 90% according to @KopiOkaya he have both.. saw his comment earlier.. so yes blon is really interesting..

another interesting iem is GuideRay GR-i18 which is out of the radar atm.. so its not a hyped iem but its reviewed by hbb.. but didnt got attention.. yet

GuideRay GR-i18 and blon is on my list

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #25,791 of 33,689
Hey yall, this is my first post here are after a brief foray into chifi iems. I had the vsonic BE then the fl8s soon after that.

A year later now I've just received a used pair Toneking T88ks and I'm very happy with them. I'm curious what the tips people have used of these. I believe I was using the medium rubber small bore at first and the sound was quite bass heavy and the mids were covered a bit.

Right now I think I have on the small silicone medium bore tips that were included and the mids are now front and center with the perfect amount of bass, but the isolation is not as great and the tips are too small for me.

Any suggestions?
Spiral dots are a match made in heaven for me.

Aug 29, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #25,792 of 33,689
how's the Blon BL 03 compared to the ZS10 Pro, as they are in the same price range?
I have both and both are exceptional.
The ZS10 Pro is, however, technically better, showing a more refined and analytic sound.
The Blon BL-03 is more natural, warmer and very very addictive.
They are two different products for sure.

The BL-03 are my daily drivers actually, and I have to say it was really sad replacing my ZS7 after many months.
The ZS10 is the way to go if you want a more refined and detailed set, while you should go with the Blon if you need an energetic but warm pair of IEMs to use while moving.

Just note a thing: the ZS10 Pro are extremely easy to driver while the BL-03 need a bit more power (ex. A portable amp) to show their real potential.

Aug 29, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #25,793 of 33,689
The ZS10 Pro is, however, technically better, showing a more refined and analytic sound.

The BL-03 are my daily drivers actually, and I have to say it was really sad replacing my ZS7 after many months.
The ZS10 is the way to go if you want a more refined and detailed set, while you should go with the Blon if you need an energetic but warm pair of IEMs to use while moving.

Just note a thing: the ZS10 Pro are extremely easy to driver while the BL-03 need a bit more power (ex. A portable amp) to show their real potential.

thanks for the description. the ZS10 pro is exceptional for the price, alas i already have the OG Kanas first and they have similar type of tuning, that I'm contemplating whether to keep the ZS10 pro or not. the Blon has interesting look for me, i might look into it next.

i already spend my budget on BT20S and SFR MT100 on this sale period

Aug 29, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #25,795 of 33,689

So are you saying you prefer BL-03 compared to ZS7? How is the details, separation, soundstage depth on BL 03? is ZS10 Pro much superior? Now I'm curious

Aug 29, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #25,797 of 33,689
What are the recommended ear tips if the jvc spirals’ diameter is too big? Thanks

which diameter? nozzle inner diameter (the one that attached to your iem's nozzle), or bore diameter (as spiral dots considered as wide bore), or diameter of outer silicone?

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #25,798 of 33,689
Funny, my TRI I4 doesn't sound bass light. It has gobbles of bass compared to something like tin t2 or audiosense t180. But at the same time i am certain that my ears are NOT blocking the vent. Clear mids, nice bass, Hi hats hits hard sometimes, but just as hard as any neutral-ish haman-ish iem.

I find it very balanced and snappy, IMO first impressions are definitely great for the price.

Baby ikko oh1? Funny enough they have the same config. I just did a A/B, and they sound exactly like a baby ikko oh1 on my ears and fittment. The ikko sounds broader, with a hint more upper treble resolution, clearer mids and faster and more subbass (making the overall presentation a little less shouty). But overall character are the same.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #25,799 of 33,689
20190830_001615.jpg

Exactly the same pouch, same 10mm driver + knowles ba, two vents.

I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE THE SAME. To my ears they do sound different, but they could be done at same factory, be siblings etc. The ikko says titanium DD, The tri says biocelulose, the ba can be different model, etc. The outter vent are located differently as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back