Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 1, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #21,016 of 33,689
Quick KZ AS10 vs BQEYZ BQ3 comparison:

* Build
- BQ3 metal, ZS6-like construction. AS10 all plastic.
- AS10 has longer nozzle so it goes deeper inside ear canal. As a consequence AS10 has much better isolation. Bq3 nozzles are a little too short for my large ears :)
- BQ3 cable connector is installed deeper inside earpiece so most of KZ cables won't fit
- in specification AS10 connectors are 0.75 mm but my 0.75 bluetooth cable is a little loose. 0.78 provides much better connection and safety

* Sound quality
- BQ3 is V-shaped iem, bass and subbass is great but muddy imo, vocals are recessed and treble roll off fast. My fist impression about them was a "typical basshead wow!" but now i don't find them better than AS10 in terms of overall SQ
- AS10 has more flat signature, brighter, and has wider soudstage
- BQ3 has some serious problem with sound balance. Few freq ranges are definitely louder on left channel (tried with different audio sources). I don't know if its one or few driver polarity issue or just bad driver quality. I find this very annoying. KZ is perfect in this case.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #21,017 of 33,689
Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #21,018 of 33,689
If you want to own some more amazing chifi seriously consider the Tecsun Caogen wood headphones. I don't think they have released it yet but they also have another pair the Tecsun HP300 that looks like it has quite a few improvements over the Caogen headphones.

The Caogens are the best overall headphones I own so far. But they need to be pad rolled to bring the best out of them. For my ears they sound best with Brainwavz round velour pads for music and Brainwavz round Hybrid pads for gaming. I plan to do more pad rolling in the next few paychecks.
They are the best headphones I own for movies hands down. These also are a serious win for casual gaming. Again just swap the pads and your golden.
When doing side by side comparisons I prefer them over the DT990s, AD700x, AD900x and he400i. For competitive gaming I still use my AD700x and AD900x. and I also like my ZMF classics because they are quite different from these and have their own strengths. But overall these are a serious win!

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #21,019 of 33,689
Well, the FLC8s are a slightly used pair I'm getting from a fellow Head-Fi member. I'd end up paying about $20 more for the FLC8s than I would for the Tenhz T5s. I just wonder about the difference in sound quality; the FLC8S have two Knowles BAs and a DD, and the Tenhz possibly contain 5 Knowles (or one; I wish we knew how many for sure).
I would highly recommend the flc8s for what you can get them for. They're very versatile and highly tunable and can be tweaked with filters and tips to sound like completely different iem's. Also, if you read reviews from their owners, most feel they compete and even are better than sets costing much more than their msrp. I traded my pair after owning them for a year and regret it every day, honestly. They'd be worth getting them and then selling them later on, if they don't suit you. You would easily be able to recoup your money for them and then get something else later, if that's what you wanted to do, especially for what you can buy them for.

Jan 1, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #21,020 of 33,689
I would highly recommend the flc8s for what you can get them for. They're very versatile and highly tunable and can be tweaked with filters and tips to sound like completely different iem's. Also, if you read reviews from their owners, most feel they compete and even are better than sets costing much more than their msrp. I traded my pair after owning them for a year and regret it every day, honestly. They'd be worth getting them and then selling them later on, if they don't suit you. You would easily be able to recoup your money for them and then get something else later, if that's what you wanted to do, especially for what you can buy them for.

Gotcha; I appreciate the advice, man. FLC8s it is then :). If you don't mind me asking, what did you like best about them? I've heard the mids are really good on the FLC8s; that's really something I'm looking for, too.

Jan 1, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #21,021 of 33,689
Are we going to see the kanas pro hype die before I get them? I bet we will. Oh well, I love dynamic in ears, and if theres even a chance they can compare to my ex1000 it will be money well spent. Next will be an all ba in ear, but, I may wait another year until something in the chi fi market can truly compete with the big brands. Or I'll get impatient and buy something like always. I'm not overly suprised the dm6 hype died off but , alot of folks havnt even gotten theirs yet. Those still may be a solid choice in the sub 200 range for all BA. Only time will tell really.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #21,022 of 33,689
IEM with similar sound signature as DM6 with the reduced flat mid-bass, flat sub-bass, flat mids, all in all with all the flaws corrected which is in DM6. Any one know such IEM.

Jan 2, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #21,023 of 33,689
Jan 2, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #21,024 of 33,689
Are we going to see the kanas pro hype die before I get them? I bet we will. Oh well, I love dynamic in ears, and if theres even a chance they can compare to my ex1000 it will be money well spent. Next will be an all ba in ear, but, I may wait another year until something in the chi fi market can truly compete with the big brands. Or I'll get impatient and buy something like always. I'm not overly suprised the dm6 hype died off but , alot of folks havnt even gotten theirs yet. Those still may be a solid choice in the sub 200 range for all BA. Only time will tell really.

i don't think so...i have it for quite a while, and nowadays it just started to gain recognition. i love the Kanas then to now, and I'm happy that more people like it too

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #21,025 of 33,689
Done with LZ HIFI A6 review. Mighty model and good nozzle set. Much more impact on sound now.

My website: https://wp.me/P7aCJQ-4Th
Here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lz-a6.23515/reviews

_DSC9385.jpg _DSC9409.jpg _DSC9416.jpg _DSC9418.jpg _DSC9439.jpg _DSC9458.jpg _DSC9543aa.jpg

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #21,026 of 33,689
Got a slick deal from a Moondrop authorized reseller in my country: regular Kanas + KPE cable.

Also, he noted that the newer batches of regular Kanas have the same cable as Blessing.
DSC09499 copy.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #21,027 of 33,689
Got a slick deal from a Moondrop authorized reseller in my country: regular Kanas + KPE cable for the price of regular Kanas.

Also, he noted that the newer batches of regular Kanas have the same cable as Blessing.

That's awesome, what did you pay for both?
How do you know if you get the new badge of Kanas?

Jan 2, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #21,028 of 33,689
Got a slick deal from a Moondrop authorized reseller in my country: regular Kanas + KPE cable for the price of regular Kanas.

Link for where you purchased since I been unable to find the KPE cable by itself?

Jan 2, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #21,029 of 33,689
That's awesome, what did you pay for both?
How do you know if you get the new badge of Kanas?
The old ones have white / silver cable, the new ones come with black cable.

And... just swapped in the KPE cable. The KPE cable really affect the sound just as @chinmie said, and me too, like this combo better.

Link for where you purchased since I been unable to find the KPE cable by itself?
Okay, I thought that it's easy to find just the cable, which comes by the name Reference Audio Cable by Lyre Acoustics, but all I can find is the seller from my country. So I am not sure that it'll help.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #21,030 of 33,689
. The old ones have white / silver cable, the new ones come with black cable.

And... just swapped in the KPE cable. The KPE cable really affect the sound just as @chinmie said, and me too, like this combo better.

Okay, I thought that it's easy to find just the cable, which comes by the name Reference Audio Cable by Lyre Acoustics, but all I can find is the seller from my country. So I am not sure that it'll help.

What country are you in ? Do you know if your seller will sell to the US?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back