Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 17, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #18,166 of 33,689
While you guys been on the Tinaudio T2 topic, I've been listening for over 3 weeks now (over 100 hours) to the QCY QM05. These budget IEM's are incredible! To say they cost only a me're 10 US dollars and sound astonishing?...Is too short of a compliment!

After coming out of the Magaosi MGS-401, checkout how I base these on just sheer sound alone!
They really adapt well to "hi-res" players. :point_left:

QCY QM05
High definition dynamic drivers
PSR: 9.7
SS: Crystal clear with awesome resolution, imaging and 3D-like soundstage and solid bass!
BQ: 8
OP: 7
OV: 10

COMMENTS:
Outstanding resolution, imaging and 3D-like soundstage makes these almost flawless for the money! They sound much more professional for the asking price, plus they're comfortable to wear!

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

Link...
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...sXOnw&id=569306052885&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail

Here are some PIC's...

The QCY QM05 are truly a bargain!

Checkout the rest of my list...
https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/

-Clear

They certainly look nice. Good find!

Sep 17, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #18,167 of 33,689
The BQEYZ BQ3 is my current go to iem, sounds great

It’s kinda funny how everyone has one or more models, but nobody has all 3.

I would just like to know what tip people are using to keep them in your ears. The large stock tips are good for when not really moving around, but if I want to walk with them nothing I have lets them stay put. :frowning2:
Also, after using the K2C for a solid couple of days now, I tried to use my QT2 and realized how bloated the bass is on those. The K2C sits between the Tin Audio T2 ( / ) and QT2/V80 ( \ ). I also notice how overdone/boosted the treble is on the T2.

I was worried I made the wrong choice between K2 and K2C, but now I know I did not given people feeling too much midbass. I'm like Slater, I am curious on the BQ3, but also was looking at something in the $100+ range either DMG, B400, TFZ something, or Ibasso IT01.

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #18,170 of 33,689
While you guys been on the Tinaudio T2 topic, I've been listening for over 3 weeks now (over 100 hours) to the QCY QM05. These budget IEM's are incredible! To say they cost only a mere 10 US dollars and sound astonishing?...Is too short of a compliment!

After coming out of the Magaosi MGS-401, checkout how I base these on just sheer sound alone!

QCY QM05
SS: Crystal clear with awesome resolution, imaging and 3D-like soundstage and solid bass!

COMMENTS:
Outstanding resolution, imaging and 3D-like soundstage makes these almost flawless for the money! They sound much more professional for the asking price, plus they're comfortable to wear!

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

Link...
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...sXOnw&id=569306052885&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail

Here are some PIC's...

-Clear

shape reminds me a bit of the Vivo XE800

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #18,171 of 33,689
While you guys been on the Tinaudio T2 topic, I've been listening for over 3 weeks now (over 100 hours) to the QCY QM05. These budget IEM's are incredible! To say they cost only a mere 10 US dollars and sound astonishing?...Is too short of a compliment!

QCY QM05

COMMENTS:

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

Link...

Here are some PIC's...

-Clear

i have two QCY bluetooths, and i think they sound great for the price, big warm bass, but without clouding the mids and trebles

Sep 18, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #18,174 of 33,689
i have two QCY bluetooths, and i think they sound great for the price, big warm bass, but without clouding the mids and trebles
I just checked out their website and they've been well established since 2009.
Good to know!!!:thumbsup::wink:

http://www.qcy.com/index.html

https://qcy100.aliexpress.com/store/1455660?spm=2114.12010609.nav-home.1.679742f2BN2Svq

About QCY

QCY keeps putting R&D and Innovative Design first to increase its core competitiveness since the establishment of the brand in 2009. Every single item is within independent intellectual property right.

With advanced technologies and devices, our professional R&D team has obtained CSR chipset, DSP/CVC digital noise isolation, TWS stereo wireless connection. Now we are able to independently develop and design dynamic unit, new diaphragm, unit structure and proceed other projects on immersive experience and measure.

The team covering Industrial Design, Tooling Development, Electric Tech, Soft Tech and Audio Tech supports our items with techniques overall.

Who would have known...:v::nerd: Nice find!

-Clear

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #18,175 of 33,689
Thoughts on the Magaosi K5s?
Magaosi K5 are pretty good for a 5 BA armature per side set-up. You can run them so easy on any amplifier switched to low gain. But, I would personally go for the Magaosi MGS-401 for the better resolution, imaging, soundstage and cleaner bass they provide. They are just better tuned for today's hi-res units!

Here's a comparison from my list...

Magaosi MGS-401
4 High Definition BA Drive Units per side
SS: Energetic and crystal clear with awesome resolution, imaging and 3D-like soundstage!
BQ: 9
OP: 9
COMMENTS: Awesome resolution and solid bass for a balanced armature set-up! They sound and look much more professional for the asking price!

Magaosi HiLisening K5
5 High Definition BA Drive Units per side
SS: Bright, energetic, and vividly clear!
COMMENTS: Rare overall BQ at such a low price! A "must have" for hi-end listeners!

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #18,176 of 33,689
Sure does, thanks heaps for your thoughts!

One quick question I've struggled to get an answer to through the mysteries of Google - what is the size difference between them? One of the key reasons I was looking at the K5 was it felt quite flat in my ear and I want to be able to side-sleep in them. This felt ok for the K5s and I won't have an opportunity to try the MGS-401s. I was thinking Grado gr10es for the same reason.

Really appreciate your time to respond!

Magaosi K5 are pretty good for a 5 BA armature per side set-up. You can run them so easy on any amplifier switched to low gain. But, I would personally go for the Magaosi MGS-401 for the better resolution, imaging, soundstage and cleaner bass they provide. They are just better tuned for today's hi-res units!

Here's a comparison from my list...

Magaosi MGS-401
4 High Definition BA Drive Units per side
SS: Energetic and crystal clear with awesome resolution, imaging and 3D-like soundstage!
COMMENTS: Awesome resolution and solid bass for a balanced armature set-up! They sound and look much more professional for the asking price!

Magaosi HiLisening K5
5 High Definition BA Drive Units per side
SS: Bright, energetic, and vividly clear!
COMMENTS: Rare overall BQ at such a low price! A "must have" for hi-end listeners!

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Sep 18, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #18,177 of 33,689
how much time should I play the tin audio t2 to sound good? its very aggressive out of the box, almost not listenable beyond 15 minutes. Too peaky at 3khz or so.. :frowning2: I previously had sound change on few iems with burn in. How much of it is needed for t2?

And there I thought I was the only one who finds these incredibly fatiguing after everyone else is praising them to the moon.
Maybe our ears are just too sensitive.

Sep 18, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #18,178 of 33,689
And there I thought I was the only one who finds these incredibly fatiguing after everyone else is praising them to the moon.

Or young. Our ability to hear higher frequency sounds diminishes with age. Gender plays a role too. And above all this , some people are just sensitive to certain frequencies.

Edit - I must add it could be a fit issue as well.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #18,179 of 33,689
Don't forget the listening volume and preference/habit.

I can imagine someone used to hearing a lot of bass turning up the volume with T2. Of course, that will bring up the mids and highs too, which can be fatiguing, I guess.

It's all about finding the right signature for your own preference. Not everyone will like neutral or bright sound, and that's perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #18,180 of 33,689

Or young. Our ability to hear higher frequency sounds diminishes with age. Gender plays a role too. And above all this , some people are just sensitive to certain frequencies.

Edit - I must add it could be a fit issue as well.
I suspect that both of you are not getting a proper seal. Quite understandable if you're fairly new to IEMs or only have the included eartips on hand. Without a proper seal the bass is highly compromised and things tend to sound very thin/shrill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back