Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 26, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #14,971 of 33,689
Hey all,
With the upcoming Aliexpress sale I was hoping someone could help me remember a set of iems. Originally I think I saw them on massdrop maybe a year ago, but they were characterized by a faceted multicolor appearance. They were an Asian brand I didn't recognize, but if they happen to end up on sale, they would be perfect for a friend of mine. I've randomly poked through this thread, but no luck figuring out what they are. I do remember someone posting a review here though when I was trying to find out about them. Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #14,972 of 33,689
Hey all,
With the upcoming Aliexpress sale I was hoping someone could help me remember a set of iems. Originally I think I saw them on massdrop maybe a year ago, but they were characterized by a faceted multicolor appearance. They were an Asian brand I didn't recognize, but if they happen to end up on sale, they would be perfect for a friend of mine. I've randomly poked through this thread, but no luck figuring out what they are. I do remember someone posting a review here though when I was trying to find out about them. Any help would be appreciated.

Auglamour RT1 ?

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #14,973 of 33,689
Wow! I think this is the first time I read that someone is not recommending TFZ King Pro. I guess one man's description of "technical" / neutral is another man's description of thin. Now I'm leaning towards iBasso IT01. This is what I want to read, some cons about the King Pro.
Thank you @demo-to !
I have also noticed the King Pro is very source dependent. The better the source the better the sound.

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #14,975 of 33,689
I tried my friends TFZ series 3 and the housings were huge. I think the Kings housings are just as big so if the IT01 is smaller there's another reason.

Yeah, Ryan Soo a reviewer from an audiophile site (I don't know if he's here) is kind enough to send me this size comparison photos when I bothered him about the TFZ King Pro vs IT01.
vfFIT6S.jpg
0ukJlUN.jpg

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #14,976 of 33,689
Yeah, Ryan Soo a reviewer from an audiophile site (I don't know if he's here) is kind enough to send me this size comparison photos when I bothered him about the TFZ King Pro vs IT01.
vfFIT6S.jpg
0ukJlUN.jpg
Yes Ryan is a very respected and helpful member here. Also bear in mind the housing materials used for both.. vis-a-vis weight and consequently comfort. @ryanjsoo

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #14,978 of 33,689
As these as big as TFZ King for reference?

The shells are essentially the same dimensionally, just metal instead of plastic. Not the most direct comparo, but you can sorta see it here. Was a pic I had posted to Instgram of a number of earphones that use similar shells.

20180205_205607.jpg

Mar 27, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #14,979 of 33,689
Well, I own both FX1100 and FW01. Compared to FX1100, FW01 has less amount but better quality of bass. The vocal performance is better as well IMO. Also, FW01 is much easier to wear and stay on your ears. It's lighter than FX1100 with a better texture. I just have no confidence in LZ's IEMs, so I never give them a try. Maybe you can consider those as well, but I highly recommend JVC's products because it's a more reliable company all around the world.

Thank you for your input

At this point i went with shockwave iii

Will share how it goes

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #14,980 of 33,689
Thank you for your input

At this point i went with shockwave iii

Will share how it goes
Good luck, hope you like it. Hope you are not too sensitive to sibilance and sub bass hump and coloration. If so you can PM me later if you are interested in an adaption to improve the sound of the SW3. But it might cost you an additional (two filter pairs of the) LZ A5. :beyersmile:
Not joking: Because I was really, really not satisfied with both, neither the SW III nor the LZ A5 I sold both again. Luckily, both were taken within a time frame of a couple of months by the same follower of my Ebay account who seems to be a tinkerer - what I am not. He was also very unhappy with the sound of the SW3 and claimed the same issues I had with them.
He was kind of brave / risk taking and somehow interchanged the filters of both and within the SW3 and he claimed he likes the SW3 even more than the A5 now.
So I can ask him to provide me with more detailed information of his adaption which might work maybe when taking other filters from cheaper IEM's than from the A5, too.

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #14,982 of 33,689
Well, I own both FX1100 and FW01. Compared to FX1100, FW01 has less amount but better quality of bass. The vocal performance is better as well IMO. Also, FW01 is much easier to wear and stay on your ears. It's lighter than FX1100 with a better texture. I just have no confidence in LZ's IEMs, so I never give them a try. Maybe you can consider those as well, but I highly recommend JVC's products because it's a more reliable company all around the world.
Have you audition the FD01 and compare them with the FX1100 and FW01 ,???

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #14,983 of 33,689
Hi. I have had the following IEMs of a similar quality:
Audiofly AF78
Audiofly Tiesto Adagio
AKG K376
Maxell DBA700
Trinity Audio Master
Trinity Audio Vyrus V2
Urban Fun Hi Fi (Beryllium hybrid).

The A15 pro is certainly better than these (with my equipment and ears!).

As you can probably guess I became involved in the Trinity fiasco. They owe me about £80, so not so bad as others ordering top items.

I am unable to find thr version of urbanfun beryllium hybrid. I own the hybrid with BA and dynamic driver. Did you by mistake mix up the two? Mine is broken and I am planning to get them again. So I thought of getting the beryllium. Now from your post I got to know this version. Do you have a link to these?

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #14,984 of 33,689
With the upcoming Ali sale, what IEMs do you already have in your shopping cart? Which will you buy?

My list:
- TRN V20 (100% sure)
- YERSEN FEN2000 for my girlfriend (100% sure, little proud here)
- BGVP DS1 (90% sure)
- Tin Audio T2 (80% sure)

Or should I skip them all for the iBasso IT01? :)

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #14,985 of 33,689
With the upcoming Ali sale, what IEMs do you already have in your shopping cart? Which will you buy?

My list:
- TRN V20 (100% sure)
- YERSEN FEN2000 for my girlfriend (100% sure, little proud here)
- BGVP DS1 (90% sure)
- Tin Audio T2 (80% sure)

Or should I skip them all for the iBasso IT01? :)

Literally never heard of any of those, but I heard IT-01 and IT-01, FiiO F9Pro and Falcon-C are really worth looking into if you're into really amazing Chinese IEMs. All 3 sound like IEMs used to sound in the 300$ - 500$ area a few years ago, but please mind that each of those has a different signature.

IT-01 is just really really sweet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back