Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 24, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #14,956 of 33,689
Homemade wine from the island of Naxos, Greece for me. But wine is like iem , personal taste.
Whoah, I love the islands Naxos and Paros! Small world. :)

Couple more observations on ZSR. It does sound congested in tracks like "Final Frontier - Thomas Bergersen". And the highs can sound slightly artificial.
Agree with you here. While I *love* the overall sound signature, switching to for example the Superlux HD668b or the Yersen FEN-2000, make it clear how the sound is sometimes somewhat artificial. Blown up in a sort of way.

Mar 24, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #14,957 of 33,689
Toast and eggs ain't that bad :jecklinsmile:

It's not, once in a while haha

I have to admit I've lived on just toast before when I was younger for like 3-6 months, and I'd never do it again... Even if I was paid.

Mar 24, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #14,958 of 33,689
As the guys up Said. After switching for another hybrids, one thing that standed out on the zst was the artificial timbre of the sound. Mind that my impressions have absolutely no technical criteria thought.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #14,959 of 33,689
Thanks for answering! I actually just purchased that very same mmcx cable from ailexpress! I also purchased the JVC spiral dots and was worried they might not fit because I can't seem to find any information on the MP80. I am really happy I guessed correctly that they would fit!! I am looking forward to getting it as well. I will definitely post my impressions once I get them.

I'm sure you've gotten those MP80s. Have you had a chance listen to them? What are your thoughts?

Mar 25, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #14,960 of 33,689
With the upcoming Ali sale, what are more expensive earphones suited to my taste in my signature, which you definitely recommend? Love to hear your thoughts.

Budget tops = around 100 euros.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #14,961 of 33,689
thank you for your input !

LZ A5 was my choice some time ago, but after reading so much about treble issues I'd better wait for new filters ti be released or will just stay away from it. IT04 will cost 500$
FW01 looks interesting, need to make some reading !

some more suggestions ?
cheers

Well, I own both FX1100 and FW01. Compared to FX1100, FW01 has less amount but better quality of bass. The vocal performance is better as well IMO. Also, FW01 is much easier to wear and stay on your ears. It's lighter than FX1100 with a better texture. I just have no confidence in LZ's IEMs, so I never give them a try. Maybe you can consider those as well, but I highly recommend JVC's products because it's a more reliable company all around the world.

Mar 25, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #14,962 of 33,689
Hi Guys, I'm relatively new to the IEM game and I can't choose between iBasso IT01 and TFZ King Pro..
Can anyone of you guys give me some insights between the two? Yes, I've already read several reviews, but still can't decide.
Moreover, I'll just be using my phone (iPhone 6S Plus + Spotify Extreme) to drive the IEM.

Only gripe I have with TFZ is their build quality.
I had a TFZ S2 before, and experienced some QC issue on their cable (this was already the replacement unit, my original S2 has a bigger crack on this area as well with some missing)
VHsNRHw.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #14,963 of 33,689
Hi Guys, I'm relatively new to the IEM game and I can't choose between iBasso IT01 and TFZ King Pro..
Can anyone of you guys give me some insights between the two? Yes, I've already read several reviews, but still can't decide.

I had a TFZ S2 before, and experienced some QC issue on their cable (this was already the replacement unit, my original S2 has a bigger crack on this area as well with some missing)
VHsNRHw.jpg

While I haven't heard TFZ thigies, I heard IT-01, and the build quality is iBasso built quality, which is golden level :)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2018/02/ibasso-it01-love-for-music.html

Audiophile-Heaven-iBasso-IT01-Review-Photo-44.jpg

Mar 26, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #14,965 of 33,689
Moreover, I'll just be using my phone (iPhone 6S Plus + Spotify Extreme) to drive the IEM.

VHsNRHw.jpg
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-fragrant-zither-tfz-reviews-and-impressions-thread.852820/

and

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...e-multilayered-graphene-driver-99-usd.865037/

Mar 26, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #14,967 of 33,689
My current recommendations (in no particular order) for relatively balanced, natural and fatigue-free listening in the price range of 100-200$ (see also my signature):

Rose Mini2
(with included MMCX cable and stock foam tips)
Simgot EN700 Pro
(with included 2-Pin cable and stock tips 1)
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1
(with a different low budget but very well built and pre-shaped mmcx cable with mic from Penon and InAirs foam tips which are from a harder foam material than Comply's e.g. the intended sound signature only works for me in this configuration, otherwise the P1 can be too hot in the upper mids and treble and is generally more v-shaped)

bass quantity: Pro > Mini2 >= P1
natural: Mini = Pro > P1
Resolution: P1 > Mini = Pro
(all are only high level ratings to have just a quick general idea of the sound)

I may also recommend (with limitations):
Pioneer SE-CH9T - at the time I had it in possession I felt it had just a tad too much mid bass authority for my taste which btw may have changed in the meantime slightly- all in all a good / very good IEM at its price point but in the end for me nothing super outstanding
Toneking Nine Tail - versatile, high quality, sonically quite good. I had it relatively long in my possession but compared to the upper three I felt it slightly lacking in clarity and naturalness
Audio-Technica ATH-CKR9LTD
- quite close to the above - but sounded to me not clear enough and end-to-end extension (especially highs) is too narrowed

Other IEM's in the price range which did not work for me in respect of the above mentioned sound intention:
TFZ King Pro
- for me a little bit too thin sounding and too hot in the mids; lacks of naturalness - compared to the above mentioned!
Whizzer A15 Haydn Pro
- generally much too thin sounding - maybe the fit did not work for me, albeit I tried many tip types

Mar 26, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #14,968 of 33,689
My current recommendations (in no particular order) for relatively balanced, natural and fatigue-free listening in the price range of 100-200$ (see also my signature):

Rose Mini2
Simgot EN700 Pro
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1
(with a different low budget but very well built and pre-shaped mmcx cable with mic from Penon and InAirs foam tips which are from a harder foam material than Comply's e.g. the intended sound signature only works for me in this configuration, otherwise the P1 can be too hot in the upper mids and treble and is generally more v-shaped)

(all are only high level ratings to have just a quick general idea of the sound)

Pioneer SE-CH9T - at the time I had it in possession I felt it had just a tad too much mid bass authority for my taste which btw may have changed in the meantime slightly- all in all a good / very good IEM at its price point but in the end for me nothing super outstanding
Toneking Nine Tail - versatile, high quality, sonically quite good. I had it relatively long in my possession but compared to the upper three I felt it slightly lacking in clarity and naturalness
- quite close to the above - but sounded to me not clear enough and end-to-end extension (especially highs) is too narrowed

Other IEM's in the price range which did not work for me in respect of the above mentioned sound intention:
TFZ King Pro
- for me a little bit too thin sounding and too hot in the mids; lacks of naturalness - compared to the above mentioned!
Whizzer A15 Haydn Pro
- generally much too thin sounding - maybe the fit did not work for me, albeit I tried many tip types
Terrific, thank you so much for your suggestions. Reading in to them now, the Simgot EN700 seems to be my cup of tea. In the upcoming sale I also started looking at the TFZ King (on sale for 65 euros) and the BGVP DS1 (35 euros). So much to choose from. :-D

Mar 26, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #14,969 of 33,689

Rose Mini2
Simgot EN700 Pro
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1

TFZ King Pro
Whizzer A15 Haydn Pro

Wow! I think this is the first time I read that someone is not recommending TFZ King Pro. I guess one man's description of "technical" / neutral is another man's description of thin. Now I'm leaning towards iBasso IT01. This is what I want to read, some cons about the King Pro.
Thank you @demo-to !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back