Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 15, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #14,866 of 33,689
Hmm, maybe they're starting to get there. My experience with them are only with the original X3 (never got a functional fw and battery issues) and their balanced MMCX cable (more steel wire than cable :wink:). This combined with all issues with fw I've been reading about on all their first generation DAPs have made me lose interest in them as I don't care for companies that uses their customers as guinea pigs. It might be time to reconsider now, then again there's loads of other great options as well (luckily for us all).

Hmm I feel like this is where we will disagree, I owned the first FiiO X3 and I never had issues with the firmware. It was easy to flash and all the functions worked perfectly fine for me. Can't say anything about the MMCX cables from FiiO as I've never owned one, but their IC cables never failed me.

Other stuff from FiiO I've used also really never went wrong, the tiny K1 DAC ran for a year straight off my laptop and didint even break a sweat - most dependable little DAC I've ever owned. However, the Q1ii that I have now can be a bit temperamental .... but its mostly down to the drivers which are pretty bad. I have to say also the included USB power/data cable is of really poor quality, it just looks cheap and nasty, some people also said it didint even work for them.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #14,867 of 33,689
Hmm I feel like this is where we will disagree, I owned the first FiiO X3 and I never had issues with the firmware. It was easy to flash and all the functions worked perfectly fine for me. Can't say anything about the MMCX cables from FiiO as I've never owned one, but their IC cables never failed me.

Other stuff from FiiO I've used also really never went wrong, the tiny K1 DAC ran for a year straight off my laptop and didint even break a sweat - most dependable little DAC I've ever owned. However, the Q1ii that I have now can be a bit temperamental .... but its mostly down to the drivers which are pretty bad. I have to say also the included USB power/data cable is of really poor quality, it just looks cheap and nasty, some people also said it didint even work for them.

Don't get me wrong, I really loved the sound of the X3. The fw was never really "finished" though with some things still not working when they decided to stop supporting it. Even if this were things that may or may not have been important (I honestly don't remember what it was anymore), to me it was their attitude against the customers that made me decide never to get a FiiO DAP again, can't really say that I feel like I've missed anything tbh. As always YMMV.....

Mar 15, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #14,868 of 33,689
Don't get me wrong, I really loved the sound of the X3. The fw was never really "finished" though with some things still not working when they decided to stop supporting it. Even if this were things that may or may not have been important (I honestly don't remember what it was anymore), to me it was their attitude against the customers that made me decide never to get a FiiO DAP again, can't really say that I feel like I've missed anything tbh. As always YMMV.....
I had a similar experience with the X1ii. The build quality was nice. The sound was very good for the price. The UI was an absolute trainwreck; laggy, unresponsive and incredibly frustrating. At the time I sold mine there was still no gapless playback although it had been listed as a feature since before launch.

I have not had any interest in FiiO DAPs since. If I have some free time at CanJam I might drop by their booth to check out the current models but it's not a priority on my list.

Mar 15, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #14,869 of 33,689
I had a similar experience with the X1ii. The build quality was nice. The sound was very good for the price. The UI was an absolute trainwreck; laggy, unresponsive and incredibly frustrating. At the time I sold mine there was still no gapless playback although it had been listed as a feature since before launch.

I have not had any interest in FiiO DAPs since. If I have some free time at CanJam I might drop by their booth to check out the current models but it's not a priority on my list.

Now that you mention it I believe that gapless was one of the features they never got working on the X3 either......

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #14,870 of 33,689

Ah fair enough, a lot of people had varied experience with the X3 as far as I remember.

I have to say for me their DAC/AMPs are generally more exciting than the DAPs. Especially in the budget range, they seem to provide excellent bang for buck experience.

Now that you mention it I believe that gapless was one of the features they never got working on the X3 either......

I think it wasn't working at release but was later fixed in a fw update, I could be wrong though.

This is a post I found on FiiO forums:
http://fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=39953

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #14,871 of 33,689
Exactly! What were you talking about? Cannot you understand Chinese??? What do you expect of my answer? It clearly writes 国产30071, why did you say it's knowles armature?
Haha....I was refering to your number ---> "It is not" 30071, it is written 30017. Get your numbers right, then you can make a statement. Calm down, take it easy....:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #14,872 of 33,689
These are an awesome replica of the now classic AKG K3003i housing, but with a twist....It comes with detachable cables! Their sound signature is almost a "dead-ringer' to the 3003's classic sound with a slightly warmer approach, which I personally like. Sub-bass is fuller, while the midrange and highs are never short of sounding clear and vivid with no sibilance, what-so-ever. You even have the option to buy only the housing, like I did, and supply your own detachable cables.
The only downside is that it only comes with the reference tuning filter. No matter though....this is the tuning filter I use mostly anyway. :thumbsup:
TB2b8sHlInI8KJjSsziXXb8QpXa_!!910205705_jpg_400x400.jpg

If anyone is interested, these are the links found from the taobao website....
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id...dd10c5fe3c78e6f7657da3&spm=a230r.1.1957635.45

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...7.13066.91048.100200300000000&id=561591944827

Ps. I bought mine from the first link above. :wink:

-Clear

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #14,873 of 33,689
These are an awesome replica of the now classic AKG K3003i housing, but with a twist....It comes with detachable cables! Their sound signature is almost a "dead-ringer' to the 3003's classic sound with a slightly warmer approach, which I personally like. Sub-bass is fuller, while the midrange and highs are never short of sounding clear and vivid with no sibilance, what-so-ever. You even have the option to buy only the housing, like I did, and supply your own detachable cables.
The only downside is that it only comes with the reference tuning filter. No matter though....this is the tuning filter I use mostly anyway. :thumbsup:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id...dd10c5fe3c78e6f7657da3&spm=a230r.1.1957635.45

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...7.13066.91048.100200300000000&id=561591944827

-Clear

also on Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...5a7f-4120-8817-bd8073e1c9cc&priceBeautifyAB=0

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #14,874 of 33,689
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #14,875 of 33,689

-Clear

Is possible to change the language to English? :/

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #14,877 of 33,689

-Clear

is it worth it buy this iem ... I mean does it have good value and is it better against iems under 100 bucks... like ibasso it01 and lz a4 or lz a5 ... what do you think ? and how does it perform on low sources like smartphone is it loud and does it sound ? I am interested in this iem thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back