Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 11, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #12,136 of 33,689
Oct 11, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #12,137 of 33,689

There was a spec sheet mentioning 60Ohm, and now it's more obvious that this is just added impedance to BA driver. I don't know enough about cross overs but this really makes it interesting, it could trigger LG V20/V30 high impedance mode and I am so here for it.

One more thing, how come that most of promo material for this and other Chinese headphones are using raw Google Translate? Anyone with basic English knowledge would see that there are glaring mistakes all over the place. At this point, this is a big mystery to me.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #12,140 of 33,689
I've never been hyped about a headphone like this before. RT-1 is so gorgeous and it does appear to be packing nice tech for something this inexpensive (as far as I can tell, a proper crossover, 2 bore design, graphene coating on the driver). The design though, it's one of the most beautiful designs for an IEM regardless of the price. Obviously this is subjective, but I don't think that anyone could find them anything but impressive. Here is some eye candy.

+1, it's really eye catching .

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #12,142 of 33,689
Guys,

I am looking for a recommendation. I am looking for the best value IEM to replace my Apple ADDIEMs that are on their last legs (cable frayed). They were quite a decent IEM but were lacking some low end for me. So, I am looking for a warm, engaging sound with a larger soundstage if at all possible. I have an aversion to anything considered "bright". I need a mic on the cable and would prefer an MMCX cable system or something similar so I can replace cables and eventually even take advantage of after market cables and bluetooth modules as they become available. Need a mic on cable as I spend a fair amount of time on the phone too. Fit & comfort is a huge consideration for me. Many years of playing rugby and some wrestling have altered the cartilage in my left ear and so larger shells can be a problem and uncomfortable. eg. Shure 215s fit my right ear perfectly, but not my left. I plan on wearing them for 3-5 hrs per day.

In short, @$100 or less for
1. Warm, smooth with a modest bass emphasis and larger sound stage if possible
2. Comfort
3. Sound isolation (yes, a real challenge given my ears and 2 above)
4. Replaceable cables with Mic.

Recommendations appreciated...Thanks

My recommendations: Shure SE215m+SPE or ORIVETI BASIC (the latter in addition with a cheap mic cable from AliExpress).

Imo the Shure would be the better match according to your description.

EDIT: Forgot what I just wrote; I didn't read your last two sentences so missed the part about the fit. Sorry, buddy.

2017-10-11_162716.jpg

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #12,144 of 33,689
Guys,

I am looking for a recommendation. I am looking for the best value IEM to replace my Apple ADDIEMs that are on their last legs (cable frayed). They were quite a decent IEM but were lacking some low end for me. So, I am looking for a warm, engaging sound with a larger soundstage if at all possible. I have an aversion to anything considered "bright". I need a mic on the cable and would prefer an MMCX cable system or something similar so I can replace cables and eventually even take advantage of after market cables and bluetooth modules as they become available. Need a mic on cable as I spend a fair amount of time on the phone too. Fit & comfort is a huge consideration for me. Many years of playing rugby and some wrestling have altered the cartilage in my left ear and so larger shells can be a problem and uncomfortable. eg. Shure 215s fit my right ear perfectly, but not my left. I plan on wearing them for 3-5 hrs per day.

In short, @$100 or less for
1. Warm, smooth with a modest bass emphasis and larger sound stage if possible
2. Comfort
3. Sound isolation (yes, a real challenge given my ears and 2 above)
4. Replaceable cables with Mic.

Recommendations appreciated...Thanks

Go on the hunt for the Pioneer CH9T and try to find sub $100 on eBay. It has been found by me and another person who got ours sub $70. If not then they go for $130 on Amazon. They are a fantastic, smooth earphone. Treble is present, it's not bright not it's also not dark to where you don't hear much detail in the upper registers, it's has a good amount without hurting your ears. Bass is deep giving a slight warm sound but no bleed into vocals. Separation and stage is one of the best in the price range, ive heard many in the $100 range. I use them with foams with extra isolation which also brings up the mids a bit forward making them shine.

There is a pair for $106 from Japan right now, last one left.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #12,147 of 33,689
Hopefully, people will have received their RT-1s and first impression will have been posted before 11.11. sale. I suspect it will appear on Aliexpress by then. Out of all of these amazing options below 100USD this new Auglamour is a standout in terms of design and hopefully sounds at least comparable to competition.

Oct 11, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #12,149 of 33,689
Oct 11, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #12,150 of 33,689
My recommendations: Shure SE215m+SPE or ORIVETI BASIC (the latter in addition with a cheap mic cable from AliExpress).

Imo the Shure would be the better match according to your description.

EDIT: Forgot what I just wrote; I didn't read your last two sentences so missed the part about the fit. Sorry, buddy.

]
Chris, that's extremely helpful.I hadn't even heard of the ORIVETI BASIC until now but I've just now been reading reviews. It rates highly on fit and comfort for even difficult ears such as mine.

A big thanks to you (and others who have replied). I'm very much a novice on this and your indulgence and hard-earned insights from the many hours you have invested in this area are of enormous value to people like me who lurk and read occasionally, but rarely post. The time, energy and enthusiasm you put into this and replying to posters such as myself is greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back