Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 11, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #11,251 of 33,689
I don't hear the CH9T as VShape at all.

Havent listened to the Simgot in quite a while but from what i recall, similar amounts of bass between the EN700 Bass and the CH9T but I think 9 goes lower. Mids are more present in the 9, 7 aren't super VShape but IMO it's more noticeably pulled back. Similar amounts of extension in treble. The 9 is more spacious sounding with great separation. Both are comfy.

The Simgot EN700 Pro is a detachable 2 pin but it's $200 I believe
Your thoughts on these makes me feel that the ch9t are my dream iems. How are the highs?

Sep 11, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #11,252 of 33,689
I'm sorry. I was referring to slight dip in the mids. My bad. I thought they were the same.
When I read VShape I think a heavy mid dip like typical consumer oriented gear. U Shape is more slight dip that is smooth IMO. I think the mids shine in these without being too far back, vocal intelligibility is above avg IMO. Details in the mids immerse me in the music which I love for working out. They are buttery smooth, overall, as to not fatigue my ears.

FWIW I find the TFZ 1S to have unnaturally too forward mids. Then the typical consumer stuff where the mids are sucked out and lack clarity. That's my personal reference in mids.

Sep 11, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #11,253 of 33,689
The only reason why I want removeable cable is durability. I will use these headphone almost 4 hours everyday from listening to youtuber blabber to different genres of music on spotify. I owned xiaomi piston 3 and they gave up after 6 months cause of frayed cable. I didn't like the piston 3 though. The sound stage was narrow and the thick bassy sound drowned the mids. I prefer airy sound in general. So I am looking to invest in something better. This is Bangladesh where the median income of people is prolly something like $300 a month so $100 is a substantial investment on iems. Therefore durability is a big concern of mine. None of my earbuds (Remax s1, xiaomi piston 3, The default buds supplied with s7) lasted more than 9 months.
Bottom line - any earbuds under $100 thats fairly neutral with a little added kick to the low end with good soundstage and removable cable.
i thought xiaomi had one of the best cable (durability) with the fabric and kevlar material and all

Sep 11, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #11,254 of 33,689
Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #11,255 of 33,689
The only reason why I want removeable cable is durability. I will use these headphone almost 4 hours everyday from listening to youtuber blabber to different genres of music on spotify. I owned xiaomi piston 3 and they gave up after 6 months cause of frayed cable. I didn't like the piston 3 though. The sound stage was narrow and the thick bassy sound drowned the mids. I prefer airy sound in general. So I am looking to invest in something better. This is Bangladesh where the median income of people is prolly something like $300 a month so $100 is a substantial investment on iems. Therefore durability is a big concern of mine. None of my earbuds (Remax s1, xiaomi piston 3, The default buds supplied with s7) lasted more than 9 months.
Bottom line - any earbuds under $100 thats fairly neutral with a little added kick to the low end with good soundstage and removable cable.
If that's your income I wouldn't spend more than $20-30... seems like you're describing the zs5?

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #11,258 of 33,689
Yes they are somewhat durable but i used them very roughly. I would give it a 7/10 for durability.

If a kevlar reinforced cable wasn't strong enough for you perhaps you need to start being more careful with your kit. Even a removable cable connection such as mmcx or two pin will get damaged in the earpiece if you're rough with them. The connectors are only glued in and will fall out/come loose if pulled hard.

Spending $100 on earphones when you treat them like crap is a fools game.

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #11,259 of 33,689
I finally found the EMI CI880 under a different name for a cheaper price on taobao for those looking for them and living in China like me.

They go by the name: Podoor J20
Price: 199 RMB (around $30 dollars), which is still not bad compared to SUDY C630 at 299 RMB.

Link
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?s...s=1&abbucket=4&sku_properties=5919063:6536025

-Clear

Are they 100% a hybrid version? I found some look-a-like ones on Amazon at £16 only thing is they don't mention the quad (dual really) drivers, compared to £20 for the ones that do

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #11,260 of 33,689
If a kevlar reinforced cable wasn't strong enough for you perhaps you need to start being more careful with your kit. Even a removable cable connection such as mmcx or two pin will get damaged in the earpiece if you're rough with them. The connectors are only glued in and will fall out/come loose if pulled hard.

Spending $100 on earphones when you treat them like crap is a fools game.
I wasn't really treating them like crap in any way. I was basically using them a lot. I sit on my laptops the entire day and the whole time I had those earbuds in. All material that are subject to movement will fail at some point. By buying iems with replaceable cable ensures i remove the greatest point of failure - the cable. I am certain the internal components aren't always "glued in". In a lot of iems they remain in fixed position due to the way the shell in made

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #11,261 of 33,689
(copy pasted from earbuds thread)

Hi guys, new here, been lurking for a while now, would be grateful for some advice and comparison from those more experienced.

I currently own a 1MORE quad, ve asura 2 and a TFZ E3.

I'm looking for an earbud that has more clarity than the asura but slightly warmer than the quads with a large soundstage.

The ones on my list atm are

1 Rose Masya
2 Shozy BK
3 Toneking TY2
4 1MORE E1008

Do any of you own either of these mentioned and have a comparison between the ones I own, as I do not have the luxury of testing these chinese products in person.

The Rose Mojito sounds like the one I'm looking for but i'm unwilling to spend that much, for now...

Cheers!

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #11,262 of 33,689
You said 'I used them very roughly' - so now you're saying that isn't the case?

Having modified countless earphones, headphones it's nearly always glue, even when it isn't the connector is always the weakest point. I've rarely had a fixed cable fail, I've had countless MMCX/two pin connectors work loose or fail in other ways.

A removeable cable is a step backwards in terms of reliability/durability in my experience.

Sep 11, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #11,263 of 33,689
You said 'I used them very roughly' - so now you're saying that isn't the case?

Having modified countless earphones, headphones it's nearly always glue, even when it isn't the connector is always the weakest point. I've rarely had a fixed cable fail, I've had countless MMCX/two pin connectors work loose or fail in other ways.

A removeable cable is a step backwards in terms of reliability/durability in my experience.
I should rephrase that. Very roughly meaning 'used it for an extensive amount of time'. Well for me it was always the cable that failed so I am hoping to at least omit that by buying one with a mmcx.

Sep 11, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #11,264 of 33,689
I should rephrase that. Very roughly meaning 'used it for an extensive amount of time'. Well for me it was always the cable that failed so I am hoping to at least omit that by buying one with a mmcx.

That's not rephrasing that's changing completely, but whatever.

IMO you're introducing a weak spot that you didn't have with a fixed cable. MMCX connectors have very small tolerances and there's lots of people who have had issues with an earphones cutting out, not so much a problem if you can return them easily but from what you said that's not the case. Two pins are less prone to problems but it can be far from easy to get replacement cables with some manufacturers. You'll still have the glue failure point with these - I usually find they fail due to the constant plugging/unplugging.

I prefer a removeable cable on the basis that it's easier to store but would never consider them to be more robust than a fixed cable.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #11,265 of 33,689
Are they 100% a hybrid version? I found some look-a-like ones on Amazon at £16 only thing is they don't mention the quad (dual really) drivers, compared to £20 for the ones that do
Good question....
So, I had my Chinese colleague read the taobao page for me and they told me that it mentions dual drivers (not sure if that's what you mean). The only way to really find out is for me to buy one (later on) and compare it to your review and hopefuly hope they're spot-on (the same)....fingers-crossed!:fingers_crossed:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back