Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 29, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #10,982 of 33,689
Well thanks for all the help guys.Although i don't have sugru.I'll just buy some on aliexpress as i want to play safe.

I did try to tie all the wire with black cotton thread,put glue over it then i applied tape all around it but it wasn't reliable at all and i had to remove it all.

Recabling the Havi's isn't very difficult.
Well, there you have it, this would be the best option, but it is a 'serious' diy project for someone who just wanted to have a quick fix.

I do have a spare havi b3.It's left channel doesn't work due to blown driver.But it's wire could definitely come is handy.However,i've zero experience with wire fixing and like i said i'd like to play safe.

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #10,986 of 33,689
Can someone please suggest how to cover up this copper wire.It's still intact and earphone works fine, but it's only a matter of time until it breaks if i leave it openly like this.

I use Teflon Tape:
pctef.jpg

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #10,987 of 33,689
Hi guys, looking to upgrade my kz-zs5's. I absolutely love the sound signature and how well they image. I have lz-a4's and have had yamaha eph100/brainwav's b2's and honestly prefer the zs5's over all of them. Wondering what can i get with a similar sound signature for around $200 which would be a good upgrade for them?
Get the SENDIY M1221. :wink:

....you won't be dissappointed, plus SENDIY backs his products 100%. No third party sellers, which is a plus as well.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...0hY7sw&id=540748267325&ns=1&abbucket=4#detail

-Clear

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #10,988 of 33,689
Thanks. I'll check out #1 since it is cheaper than the Cello and has mmcx. Any further thoughts on the W1? Sound sig, etc?

Still interested in any comparison between Cello and RHA 750 and 1more Tiple

I described my impression of the W1, when they arrived, in another thread - "It comes with a nice cable, and several different styles & sizes of ear tips. The frequency response seems to have a mild "V-shape", with good Bass impact (down to 20-Hz); a slightly recessed Midrange; and clear, detailed Treble."

While I do have the Cello, I haven't heard either the RHA 750 or 1More Triple.

Aug 30, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #10,989 of 33,689
Hi guys, looking to upgrade my kz-zs5's. I absolutely love the sound signature and how well they image. I have lz-a4's and have had yamaha eph100/brainwav's b2's and honestly prefer the zs5's over all of them. Wondering what can i get with a similar sound signature for around $200 which would be a good upgrade for them?
As you like kz zs5 your can wait for 2 Weeks and check out kz zs6 once it is out.
It's going to be metal housing with different colors. Don't have much idea about sound though. You would have to wait for some reviews.

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #10,990 of 33,689
I described my impression of the W1, when they arrived, in another thread - "It comes with a nice cable, and several different styles & sizes of ear tips. The frequency response seems to have a mild "V-shape", with good Bass impact (down to 20-Hz); a slightly recessed Midrange; and clear, detailed Treble."

While I do have the Cello, I haven't heard either the RHA 750 or 1More Triple.

Mmm I will probably stay away from the W1 then. I prefer a more balanced sound, even slightly mid-forward as long as the sub-bass and treble sparkle aren't completely rolled off. From the few reviews of the Cello I have found, I believe it will suite my tastes a little better.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #10,991 of 33,689
Mmm I will probably stay away from the W1 then. I prefer a more balanced sound, even slightly mid-forward as long as the sub-bass and treble sparkle aren't completely rolled off. From the few reviews of the Cello I have found, I believe it will suite my tastes a little better.
Pioneer CH9T

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #10,993 of 33,689
This is the fit kit that comes with UE900. The silicones are in the middle row and the foamies are on the outside row. With 6 different sizes of silicones and 3 sizes of foamies only a true re-re could get a bad fit. Even though you settle on one size and you're dunzo, I still wish more companies would do this. Nozzle size makes a huge difference in fit so options are what's needed every time. Sure, we all have lots of tips but these ones are up there with the best of the best. Such soft silicone they disappear. If KZ ZS5 came with a kit like this impressions wouldn't be so vastly different imo. Also the impressions were from people from such different stages of their audio iem journey.
20170830_131437.jpg

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #10,994 of 33,689
Worth almost 3 times the price of the Tennmaks?

Worth the price, yes. Very much so. I had the Tennmak Pro's and they are good, once you do the port hole mod to fix the mid bass but the Pioneer is easily ahead of them. The a smooth, non fatiguing listen. The bass goes deep with great rumble and good control, mids are a bit forward letting details come through easily, the highs are present but tame. The width of the stage is above average. Depth I'd call about avg. Imaging is really good IMO. My CA Lyra II will be here tomorrow and my Pioneers CH9T are going back to gym duty.

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #10,995 of 33,689
This is the fit kit that comes with UE900.

Just a small correction, no criticism: those are the tips of the UE900S - the ones for the UE900, while similar in sound output, are not colour-coded and I think there are not as many sizes (I could be wrong about the size (won't take my UE900's package out right now, too lazy:triportsad:), but am 100% certain about the colour-coding).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back