Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 29, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #10,366 of 33,689
What silicon tips do you use to make your hybrids?

I've used a few different types, from generic silicone tips that comes with some KZs to knockoff Sony Hybrids.

They don't work with turbo type tips, because the tips have 'fins' inside. But most other tips work fine.

Jul 29, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #10,368 of 33,689
what would you recommend as upgrades to the Urbanfun and Einsear T2? I'm looking for similar sound to them but with better resolution and soundstage

Jul 29, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #10,369 of 33,689
WIth that triple driver with triple bore you should ask the seller for the link on Taobao.
That's where the first step to taking the plunge lies. Sometimes on the items Taobao page you can translate some reviews and get some valuable info.
Maybe it's a new product and if theres no Taobao customer reviews, it's like buying some unknown brand thing off amazon which has no customer reviews. This could be great but in general it could be risky.
Someone's gotta take the plunge first either way. Usually the reviews on Taobao just talk about "Pot" and "Teeth" and things that translate badly but if you're lucky someone there will just flat out say "this earphone is up there with (insert TOTL or DOPE iem name here).
And when some customer review says something like that it's much better than them all just saying "this earphone is dope" because all that really means is it's dope to them and may not really be dope to someone else.
If they don't have the item on Taobao and the store does not seem to be earphone related it might be bollocks, but damn they look sexy. mmmmmmm. damn sexy...

Jul 29, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #10,370 of 33,689
well :), the purpose is related to bad things happening(distortion) with the waves mixing earlier and the length they have to travel and the bore material they are traveling through. Once they leave that bore there is no issue anymore and it is safe to mix. There are issues there depending on the construction/design and housing. Even the single driver CH9T uses a bore of brass with an aluminum sleeve to help get a smoother output. Mixing dual drivers can have even more issues. Not negated since once out of the bore the problems aren't an issue and can be mixed together. The cheaper Chi-Fi way is to put the armature or even duals right in the nozzle. Boom, no issue through the bore cause the armature output comes out at the end of the bore and is again free to mix after it. If you put the armature back further there is usually a small tube like here in the AX60 behind the screen.....which goes over the armature nozzle and keeps from mixing till after.

Not a gimmick but one of quite a ways to avoid issues that you will see being applied in earphones esp. multi drivers. Dangerous journey for those frequencies from the housing through the bore and into the ears. Gotta keep them safe and pure!:ksc75smile:

I get what the claim is, but I think it's garbage. The instant the sound leaves the nozzle with its separate bores, the soundwaves are now bouncing off of one another. The idea that for a quarter inch it's a huge problem but after that it's all good just doesn't compute for me. I think it's the same end result whether several bores or one. All the goodness happens behind the nozzle, in the housing.

Jul 30, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #10,372 of 33,689
Upgraded version of Whizzer A15 .....Haydn A15 pro

5.jpg 4.jpg

They're also working on bringing a BT cable with aptx support for their earphone.

6.jpg

Release date for the Haydn A15 pro should be around October,they plan to showcase it on their upcoming exhibition in china.AM1 might be released at a later time.

Source: weibo

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #10,373 of 33,689
Jul 30, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #10,374 of 33,689
Upgraded version of Whizzer A15 .....Haydn A15 pro

They're also working on bringing a BT cable with aptx support for their earphone.

Release date for the Haydn A15 pro should be around October,they plan to showcase it on their upcoming exhibition in china.AM1 might be released at a later time.

Source: weibo
Nice, I hope they got rid of the memory wire. The A15 is a bit underrated imo.

Jul 30, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #10,377 of 33,689
Some nice looking additions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back