Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 17, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #8,371 of 33,689
Was the MEMT X5 the one that's supposed to smell like cherry blossoms? All I'm getting from it is new sneaker.

Hmmm, cherry blossoms? My X5 smelled like broken dreams and rainbow unicorns!

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #8,372 of 33,689
Just got some new toys in the mail today.
biggrin.gif

With the Magosi, wouldn't that make the ZS3 and X5, a waste of money?

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #8,373 of 33,689

X5 is for the girlfriend. She likes small IEMs and despises over-ear fitment while the ZS3 is a replacement for a pair I ordered last month that arrived with a severe channel imbalance. They just happened to arrive at the same time as the K3 and X5 I picked up during the 7th Anniversary sale.

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #8,374 of 33,689

I wouldn't say they're a waste, but it sure makes you appreciate the K3 more!

I use my 'good' in-ears for home use only, & my workhorse beaters for walking around town, working out, working in the yard, gift giving, etc. So those other 2 he has there are awesome for that.

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #8,375 of 33,689
My urbanfuns showed up, after 12 days! Not too shabby for free shipping!

I haven't tried too many of the IEMs in this thread, but boy are these definitely impressive! They don't sound like $18 IEMs, they're not too far off from some of my pricier more recent acquisitions. with zero burn in, they sound pretty great. there's a tiny bit of crunchyness to the mid-range but again, zero burn in.

I don't know if there's a consensus in this thread as to which of these are "must own at some point under $20" but i can see these being it.

Whom did you purchase from please.

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #8,377 of 33,689
Did you by chance order from NiceHCK?  I'm still waiting on my K3 Pros from them, however there has been no update to my tracking since April 1st which states something to the extent of "processed through facility."  Were you able to get to get more up to date tracking updates?  I was the third person to order the K3 Pros during the 7th anniversary sale, so I got the $80 deal, and am keeping my fingers crossed they arrive.  I used the free ePacket delivery option?  Was that what you used or did you pay for something more expedited? 

Quote:
Just got some new toys in the mail today.
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #8,379 of 33,689

Mine were also from NiceHCK.

-Ordered on March 28
-Shipped April 8
-Arrived in New York April 13
-Delivered April 17

The package was taped up with substantial bubble wrap and looked like a brick of cocaine. Besides the K3 and MEMT X5 there was also 18 ear tips included. Everything is in perfect condition.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #8,380 of 33,689
Wow, you got it really quickly!  Was it Epacket?  My time for making a dispute is coming up soon, maybe I should try contacting them to see what the situation is.  

Quote:
Mine were also from NiceHCK.

-Ordered on March 28
-Shipped April 8
-Arrived in New York April 13
-Delivered April 17

The package was taped up with substantial bubble wrap and looked like a brick of cocaine. Besides the K3 and MEMT X5 there was also 18 ear tips included. Everything is in perfect condition.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #8,381 of 33,689
My K3 doesn't even have 20 minutes on them yet, but they've made my Triple Drivers obsolete. Yes the Triples have a slight V-shaped signature, but back to back against the K3 and it's almost like the mids on the Triple are too timid to come out and play. The Triple's treble tumbles too. It's subdued like it spent the previous night drinking and is just trying its best to make it through a workday.

Sub-bass on the K3 is more present and more impactful with decent rumble. The mids are more present so the sound is lusher, more detailed and yet the soundstage stills manages to be more spacious. One gripe, which I hope hope hope burn-in alleviates, is the occasionally harsh treble. Listening to the bridge in Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" is fun the first couple of times it drops, but by the end of the song I'm exhausted.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #8,382 of 33,689

Yes, it was ePacket. Definitely message them and if you don't receive an update file a dispute.

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #8,383 of 33,689
Question for those of you who have the Urbanfun, did you buy the hybrid version of the Beryllium version?

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #8,384 of 33,689
  Question for those of you who have the Urbanfun, did you buy the hybrid version of the Beryllium version?

The version that everyone is jocking is the Hybrid (DD+BA) version (called the Urbanfun HiFi).

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #8,385 of 33,689
  Is everyone worried about getting robbed? Lol. That's like keeping your expensive cell phone at home. :wink:

Hey man, it does happen: http://nypost.com/2016/11/03/former-miss-usa-arrested-for-stealing-headphones/

The article doesn't specify what kind of earbuds she nicked - maybe K3 Pros LOL

Seriously though, the reason is simply that I have a mountain of in-ears (mostly low budget under $20 ones), so I have to find uses. They can't all just sit in a drawer looking good, right? I rotate the main pair I listen to every few weeks, so eventually they all get a chance to shine.

I do the same thing with my watches. What's the use of having a drawer full of watches if I only wear my nicest one all the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back