Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 13, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #8,266 of 33,689
I'm convinced you (and probably Chickenmoon) got bad issues as the ZST for the price is very sweet sounding and the better the source the better mine sound. After listening to mine on the Opus#1 for 3 hours they sounded like some $100 iem's I own. Both my Carbon's and Colorful's are well worth their price IMO:wink_face:

I Know for a fact Pod, that there is something wrong with my pair. You and. I have similar tastes in IEMs and I would probably have to take away your hammer...

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #8,268 of 33,689
I Know for a fact Pod, that there is something wrong with my pair. You and. I have similar tastes in IEMs and I would probably have to take away your hammer...

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #8,269 of 33,689

You wanna hear a bad KZ - try the ED4. I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear.

But weirdly @B9Scrambler rates the ED4 and he doesn't strike me as the person to wait around under dodgy stomached buffalos.
biggrin.gif
 Just goes to show everyone's taste are different. <p.s. I didn't rate them either>

Quote:
  Thanks Vidal for the accurate recommendation. These Vivo's are all all about the mids, and I love them for it.
A great buy for $15.

Woohoo, I got one right! Glad you like them.

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #8,270 of 33,689

Yeah, those that don't like them try them out with an amp before making final judgement. Mine definitely improve amped.

I mean, the ZST aren't my favorite KZ by any means, but they aren't THAT bad. You can tone down the shrill highs with a bit of fabric or foam in the flange/tip.

You wanna hear a bad KZ - try the ED4. I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear.

Love AVGN :D

But weirdly @B9Scrambler rates the ED4 and he doesn't strike me as the person to wait around under dodgy stomached buffalos.
biggrin.gif
 Just goes to show everyone's taste are different. <p.s. I didn't rate them either>

Woohoo, I got one right! Glad you like them.

Slater and I noticed that our ED4's have some differences, in the usual KZ tradition in seems. All three of mine (well two and a Z1 which is pretty much identical) are older and have twin, open pinhole vents in the back, one above and one below where the plug enters. That might account for some of the difference in opinion. Regardless, I do find the ED4 fun. Hella aggressive and horribly fatiguing, but fun none-the-less.

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #8,271 of 33,689

Slater and I noticed that our ED4's have some differences, in the usual KZ tradition in seems. All three of mine (well two and a Z1 which is pretty much identical) are older and have twin, open pinhole vents in the back, one above and one below where the plug enters. That might account for some of the difference in opinion. Regardless, I do find the ED4 fun. Hella aggressive and horribly fatiguing, but fun none-the-less.

I'll have a look at mine and see which one I ended up with.

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #8,272 of 33,689
This ZST hate must be for defective units. I can understand people not liking their signature, but their technical merits far outweigh the price. I'm tempted to send you my pair for evaluation.

It is. The first run had some issues. I got mine a good month or two after release and they do sound pretty good. I use them to watch Plex/Netflix at night off my PS4 controller.

I could take a measurement at some point. They could use some tweaking, but are far from awful, especially for the price.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #8,275 of 33,689
I'm sorry for your wallet. Someone posted this few posts earlier but i just have to share this for anyone buying from Taobao. The new TFZ Exclusive King @ 699yuan

http://c.b1wt.com/h.fsDofg?cv=Rb55Zt3Hiqu&sm=961318

Price is actually around same as whoever shared the Penon audio link but this you get the TFZ SERIES 1S My Love edition for free for limited time ! Instantly prompted my impulse purchase.

They shipped it out almost instantly after i've paid like about an hour ago. Can't go any wrong coz it's the official TFZ Taobao Store.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #8,276 of 33,689
The MEMT X5's definitely sound good, better than the Zircon with better clarity. But I feel that I'm not wrapped around the music like other headphones... like the Koss KSC75's, as a reference. But it sounds pretty close.

I love the fact they have magnets on them as well, it's cool that's becoming more popular.

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #8,277 of 33,689

@1clearhead Have you ordered these Joyroom E500? I managed to snag a listen on these when I was overseas in taiwan. Apparently from what I recall it has lots of sub bass, mid bass and lower mids. The treble is just super recessed and soft. In my case of listening preference, I didn't like it at all
confused_face.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #8,278 of 33,689
Someone else have a problem with the recently discovered 'Yaoyaotiger'? My order states to be delivered in Japan, but I'm located in Germany :blink:
I don't think I've ever got a tracking number from Ali that worked.
It's like they just upload some random number and then when you msg them about it
they will ship the item and upload a real tracking number.

As for me, I usually had no problems with the tracking number for Ali orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back