Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 6, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #8,027 of 33,689
Hey guys and gals, for everyone who's interested, here's my (German, however there's a Google Translate widget on my site) take on the FiiO F1: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/04/FiiO-F1-Review.html

I'm mostly with @B9Scrambler in terms of sonic and overall impressions (except for the "lack of (sub-) bass extension" that the F1 I have on hand doesn't have, and except for that I wouldn't rate the EM3 above the F1), only perhaps even a bit more negative.

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #8,028 of 33,689
  Well, I'm seriously considering stopping any headphone purchases from Ali.

Last time I had an awful experience with NiceHCK and my **** 4in1 order, where I waited for like 10 days on an "Electronic data received" tracking status (although he was almost swearing that he already shipped the pair, but actually he didn't have stock). I think many people had the same result with their purchase from that particular store.

Now I decided to buy a K3 Pro, and went with AK Audio store, which seemed to be used by some of the most frequent posters here. During the price talks and questions I was getting an almost instant response so was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the pair on 28.03 and even paid some extra for Aliexpress Standard shipping (cause China Air Mail is usually slower). Almost 10 days later my tracking status is stuck at "Waiting for pick up" (that's the next step after "Electronic data received")... and it's the same story all over again - store says the item was already shipped and blames the shipping company for not updating their tracking status, but I'm almost certain that the headphones have not been sent at all. Furthermore, it takes a whole day to get a single response if any.

Does this happen all the time with you as well, or I'm just being extremely unlucky with almost every single order on headphones that I place? And is it really THAT hard for the seller to just contact the shipping company and ask what's going on with the tracking status, if he really sent the order?

It's a bit of hit and miss when it comes to shipping IMO. Aliexpress is not the right place to order if you are in a hurry. The up side is that if it takes way too long, you can always get a refund, so at least you won't be out of your money. I've had items arrive in everything from one week to (once) four months.

In the latter case, they did a resend, and the second item arrived quickly. The first one was simply gone, it hadn't updated the tracking status or anything after leaving China. To my great surprise, months later, it turned up, and I got to keep both.

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #8,029 of 33,689

Last time I had an awful experience with NiceHCK and my **** 4in1 order, where I waited for like 10 days on an "Electronic data received" tracking status (although he was almost swearing that he already shipped the pair, but actually he didn't have stock). I think many people had the same result with their purchase from that particular store.

Now I decided to buy a K3 Pro, and went with AK Audio store, which seemed to be used by some of the most frequent posters here. During the price talks and questions I was getting an almost instant response so was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the pair on 28.03 and even paid some extra for Aliexpress Standard shipping (cause China Air Mail is usually slower). Almost 10 days later my tracking status is stuck at "Waiting for pick up" (that's the next step after "Electronic data received")... and it's the same story all over again - store says the item was already shipped and blames the shipping company for not updating their tracking status, but I'm almost certain that the headphones have not been sent at all. Furthermore, it takes a whole day to get a single response if any.

Does this happen all the time with you as well, or I'm just being extremely unlucky with almost every single order on headphones that I place? And is it really THAT hard for the seller to just contact the shipping company and ask what's going on with the tracking status, if he really sent the order?

Open a dispute stating the tracking details aren't valid, don't even bother discussing it with the seller. If they're false AK will resolve the lack of info or agree to a refund (more likely). I never discuss things with a seller prior to opening a dispute as that just gives them chance to raise my blood pressure even further, plus I'm allergic to BS.

Two things to note buying earphones prior to a holiday or during a sale is always the worst time to order as they're often too busy and that's when things fall apart in terms of logistics/stock levels.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #8,031 of 33,689
Ow yea, i heard good things bout Piano too. Do you have both? How are they compared to each other?

Yeah i have both.

To my ears, the piano has nicer sub bass and better highs. More energetic and isolates slightly better.

The pros, have good low mids and a fair bit of punch, but lack treble extension.

I think the pros look alot better (especially as i accidentally got the sparkly blue pianos) and are more comfortable. The pianos can get a bit sore depending on your ear shape/size.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #8,032 of 33,689
  @c0rp1 I'm in the same boat.

Did you order from the same seller?

Open a dispute stating the tracking details aren't valid, don't even bother discussing it with the seller. If they're false AK will resolve the lack of info or agree to a refund (more likely). I never discuss things with a seller prior to opening a dispute as that just gives them chance to raise my blood pressure even further, plus I'm allergic to BS.

Two things to note buying earphones prior to a holiday or during a sale is always the worst time to order as they're often too busy and that's when things fall apart in terms of logistics/stock levels.

This absolutely sounds like the best thing to do ... I still cannot understand how he was so responsive before I placed my order... I got a great price, so not really willing to get a refund, but rather just have some info on when they will actually be shipped, rather than hearing BS all over again. Seems I'm allergic to that as well!

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #8,036 of 33,689

I also ordered some from AK with Standard Ali shipping. It updated in two days to recieved to line haul and security check success on AliExpress cainiao tracking, while singapore post's website and 17track still said info recieved this is not physical blablabla. If they're using singpost, their tracking is broken as hell, don't worry if it still says info recieved. About a week after ordering it updated both on AliExpress and singpost/17track to [8] Despatched item overseas (Country Code: XX). I'm still waiting for further updates. I've heard of singpost still reporting this status to people even after the package gets delievered, and it never even gets a local post tracking number. In any case, you have to give it a few weeks, you shouldn't get used to getting your items quickly from China which occassionally happens, this is just a very lucky circumstance.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #8,039 of 33,689
I also ordered some from AK with Standard Ali shipping. It updated in two days to recieved to line haul and security check success on AliExpress cainiao tracking, while singapore post's website and 17track still said info recieved this is not physical blablabla. If they're using singpost, their tracking is broken as hell, don't worry if it still says info recieved. About a week after ordering it updated both on AliExpress and singpost/17track to [8] Despatched item overseas (Country Code: XX). I'm still waiting for further updates. I've heard of singpost still reporting this status to people even after the package gets delievered, and it never even gets a local post tracking number. In any case, you have to give it a few weeks, you shouldn't get used to getting your items quickly from China which occassionally happens, this is just a very lucky circumstance.

I really hope this is the reason... I'm actually following it only on cainiao ... both on singpost/17track there is no sign of it at all. When did you place your order?

This is actually my first time experiencing this with Singpost... In general they are a lot more reliable than China Post Registered Airmail (most things ordered via Singpost came withing 2 weeks, China post takes almost double that time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back