Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 13, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #6,706 of 33,689
Your method by the time you feel like dropping a few hundred on a set you will have an idea of the whole budget spectrum and it will be effortless to pick what you know you like... So.... You are probably saving money in the end given you're already in the audio game
smily_headphones1.gif

I always say spend as little as you can to get the sound that makes you happiest. Says a guy who spends several thousands every year on audio.

I think you're right, and we've had this conversation before... I'm just hoping my expense helps others out in some way so they don't have to do the same. It'd be a bad cycle if every new member kept doing what I'm doing (buying a pair of good reviewed phones from every Chifi brand). 

I've already bought a Benjie S5, Colorfly C3 and Walnut v2, waiting for the latter two... The MrRobo C5 (2nd Gen) sounds interesting as well, at $50 US. What can I say, I'm a frugal guy and everyone else should be too. 

I just watched a video on youtube where a Canadaian youtuber talks about his new Gucci jeans that cost $2,000 US but they look like throw aways from a back alley behind a thrift shop in the 1960's (really faded blue jeans, almost white, with large hippy style patches all over.) It's really sad to see how some rich people just waste their money.

Mar 13, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #6,707 of 33,689
Hi guys, first post here. Looking for recommendations for a wireless headphone/earphone (I'm flexible). I mainly listen to rock/pop from my Android phone or watch movies from my laptop. Travel frequently so I'm looking to buy something good!

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #6,708 of 33,689
  I think you're right, and we've had this conversation before... I'm just hoping my expense helps others out in some way so they don't have to do the same. It'd be a bad cycle if every new member kept doing what I'm doing (buying a pair of good reviewed phones from every Chifi brand). 

I'm betting it won't, not because your contribution isn't helpful, on the contrary. But because of the way people on Head-fi simply are. We love audio, and we will spend recklessly on it - on a smaller or grander scale. It's the same kind of spending in the budget-end and the high-end, just with a few added zeros on the price tag in the latter case.

I'm on a budget, as I've said in an earlier post, the standard of living in my country simply doesn't support IEM collecting (for most people, at least). But, I too, behaved a bit crazily in the low-end. First I've had my KZ ATE-S. Then I went for ZS2, because why not? Oh, and while I was at it, the ZS3 sounded like a pretty good deal. And even though I was perfectly happy with the ZS3, I still wanted to try out the Tennmak Pro, the KZ ZST, the Urbanfun, now the MEMT X5 sounds interesting, too.

My luck, if you can call it that, is that to me even $15 is not petty cash. So instead of serially buying all these $15-20 IEMs, I chose a bit more expensive model - PMV A-01 - as my "ultimate" IEM, which sounds really amazing and I'm loving it, and I'm staying with them. BUT! still I'm curious about all the others!

Yet, realistically speaking, does someone who has bought a Campfire Audio really need an A&K or Noble Audio or Westone to go with it?

Does someone with an LZ A4 really need a Dunu DN-2000, or a Fidue A83 on top of that, a Magaosi K3 Pro, or a Crazy Cello to go with them?

Does someone with a ZS3 need an additional Tennmak Pro, a Urbanfun, a MEMT X5, etc. etc. etc.?

No, they don't. But they'll buy them anyway - because they can. It's not like someone with LZ A4 will read your review on some earphone model X and say "Wow, these really sound great! But I already have one helluva great IEM, so I won't buy that one, too."

No, they'll go right ahead and jump at it.

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #6,709 of 33,689
  Hi guys, first post here. Looking for recommendations for a wireless headphone/earphone (I'm flexible). I mainly listen to rock/pop from my Android phone or watch movies from my laptop. Travel frequently so I'm looking to buy something good!

I heard the Jaybird X2 are very good!

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #6,711 of 33,689
Wow!! Unbelievable the sound quality coming from this... Memt X5....How are they getting this out of a 6mm dynamic driver. These are making me question all of my higher priced iem purchases except A4 and K3P of course..LOL

Please compare it to those two in terms of soundstage, clarity and resolution.

Mar 13, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #6,712 of 33,689
@themindfreak maaan, thanks a ton for that! can't get any more detailed than that.

anyway, you had me at "accurate" so might just cop the zst.

one last thing, have you had any experience with an IM50 hookes up with an spc cable?

Not the IM50, but I have the IM70 plus a DIY 8 core spc cable with filter mode. I thought of the IM50 stock too bassy vs. the IM70. Stock, the IM70 sounds warm and smooth. On my setup, its neutral warm with better treble extension, soundstage and imaging.

Mar 13, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #6,714 of 33,689
Wow! Right now I'm enjoying and listening to the UiiSii DT200 at work. :etysmile:

So far, I've compared these to the **** VT66, VJJB N1's, VJJB V1(S). And, even though the N1's has detachable wires, I can't help but to lose myself in the sound signature and soundstage the DT200 has for such low price; Incredible bass and clear vocals with linear and clear details.

For such a low price, I definitely fell in a love-trance with these!  :tongue_smile:

What are those stuff in the plastic bags (ring and the pink stuff)?
Thanks,

Mar 13, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #6,717 of 33,689
Hi everyone,
could anyone please compare Vsonic GR07, Magaosi K3 Pro, TFZ B2 and Simgot EN700? Looking for a replacement for GR07.
Thank a lot.

Cant compare but the Magaosi K3's really trump most competition. I have the K3's (Not pro) and they sound really really good. could be my end game. 

Mar 13, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #6,719 of 33,689
Thinking of getting a couple of gems. What would you recommend out of the below?

MEMT x5
Urbanfun hifi
Kz zst
Dzat df10
Boarseman cx98

Or anything worthwhile around the same money?

Jasp

Hi! I have ZST on my list but wasn't able to buy it yet. I have the boarseman with me. What iems do you have to start with?

FiiO X1
KZ ATE
Boarseman CX98
VJJB K4s
Rock Zircon
Faeal Earbuds
Monks Plus (lost)

I had a long vacation with this hobby, as I suffered from ear infection, and at the same time the monks plus appeared. I used buds from there, but not as often as I used my iems. That's 6 months at least of no iems. So I assume I forgot most, if not all, of my little knowledge concerning this.

Mar 13, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #6,720 of 33,689
Hi! I have ZST on my list but wasn't able to buy it yet. I have the boarseman with me. What iems do you have to start with?

FiiO X1
KZ ATE
Boarseman CX98
VJJB K4s
Rock Zircon
Faeal Earbuds
Monks Plus (lost)

I had a long vacation with this hobby, as I suffered from ear infection, and at the same time the monks plus appeared. I used buds from there, but not as often as I used my iems. That's 6 months at least of no iems. So I assume I forgot most, if not all, of my little knowledge concerning this.

I have the pinnacle p1s and e10s that's it so far.

What is the cx98 and ATE like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back