Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 28, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #5,361 of 33,689
Anyone own the DZAT DF-10, and can compare them to others in the price range? How are they versus the URBANFUN?
Side rant here: Why does it seem that the audio reviewers, such as AudioBudget just describe the Frequency Response, calling it a review? Literally, if the graph has a spike in the highs, he will say the earphones " can sometimes sound just too sharp". How can I believe one graph, if another on Ali has a way different reading?

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #5,362 of 33,689
  I have no idea how much these go for but on Taobao,

The Magaosi K3 are priced at 699RMB whilst the A4 are priced at 1240RMB

K3 is $150 on Aliexpress, so that is a very good price.

The main issue I have with the K3 is the tip dependency. With wide bore biflanges, it is too bright. With Spiral Dots, a bit mid recessed. With foams and spinfits.. very balanced.

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #5,364 of 33,689
  Anyone own the DZAT DF-10, and can compare them to others in the price range? How are they versus the URBANFUN?
Side rant here: Why does it seem that the audio reviewers, such as AudioBudget just describe the Frequency Response, calling it a review? Literally, if the graph has a spike in the highs, he will say the earphones " can sometimes sound just too sharp". How can I believe one graph, if another on Ali has a way different reading?

I've got this group of $15 to $30 earphones / earbuds.
To compare them, I've been listening to some FLAC files from "Beyond These Shores" (1993), by the progressive Celtic rock band, Iona, playing without any EQ on on the single-ended output of my Onkyo DP-X1 (digital filter set to Sharp).  My listening space is a quiet apartment, so there's not much noise that earbuds would need to isolate.

1.) **** PT15 - Earbud, 32Ω, 120dB/mW, Metal housing, 1x Dynamic, MMCX cable [$15.00]
..... Seems to have a balanced sound, with a good amount of Bass (especially for an earbud), smooth Midrange for the vocals, and clear, detailed Treble.  The sound-stage appears big and open.
2.) ZhiYin Z2000 - Earphone, 16Ω, 108dB/mW, Metal housing, 1x Dynamic, MMCX cable [$18.79]
..... Seems to have a noticeable "V shaped" sound, with slightly boomy Bass and strong Treble, but a bit of a hollow sounding Midrange.  The sound-stage appears smaller & more closed in.
3.) Kinera BA05 (2016) - Earphone, 12Ω, 103dB/mW, Plastic housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, MMCX cable [$19.59]
..... Seems to have a bit of a "V shaped" sound, with elevated Bass and Treble, and the Midrange is recessed.  The sound-stage appears wide, but not as open as the PT15.
4.) DZAT DF-10 - Earphone, 16Ω, 90dB/mW, Red Ebony wood housing, 1x Dynamic, Tethered cable [$19.99]
..... Seems to have a slight "V shaped" sound, with good Bass impact, Midrange that isn't too recessed, and clear, detailed Treble.  The sound-stage appears wide and fairly deep.
5.) Tennmak Pro - Earphone, 16Ω, 100dB/mW, Plastic housing, 2x Dynamic, MMCX cable [$22.68]
..... Seems to have a bit of a "V shaped" sound, with elevated low & upper-Bass, smooth Midrange, and clear Treble.  The sound-stage appears wide and deep.
6.) Remax RM-600M - Earphone, 16Ω, 97dB/mW, Metal housing, 1x Balanced Armature, Tethered cable [$25.19]
..... Seems to have a "lite" sound, with less low & mid-Bass, smooth Midrange for the vocals, and clear, detailed Treble.  The sound-stage appears wide and deep.
7.) **** DT2 IE800 v2 - Earphone, 16Ω, 118dB/mW, Ceramic housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, MMCX cable [$25.62]
..... Seems to have a slight "V shaped" sound, with elevated Bass and Treble, and the Midrange is a bit recessed.  The sound-stage appears fairly wide, but not as deep.
8.) BossHiFi B3 - Earphone, 16Ω, 123dB/mW, Ebony wood housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, Tethered cable [$28.49]
..... Seems to have a balanced sound, with good Bass impact, smooth Midrange for the vocals, and clear, detailed Treble.  The sound-stage appears wide and deep.
9.) **** 4in1 (2016) - Earphone, 32Ω, 108dB/mW, Metal housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, MMCX cable [$28.86]
..... Seems to have a "V Shaped" sound, with elevated Bass & Treble, and recessed Midrange.  The sound-stage appears wide, but not as spacious.

These other two are on order, but I have heard the 1More Piston, which I purchased previously, for my Dad -
1.) [on order] 1More Piston - Earbud, 32Ω, 98dB/mW, Metal housing, 1x Dynamic, Tethered cable [$17.79]
2.) [on order] VE Monk Plus (2.5TRRS) - Earbud, 64Ω, 122dB/mW, Plastic housing, 1x Dynamic, Tethered cable [$30.00]

Take Care,
David Baldock

Jan 29, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #5,367 of 33,689
I

I've got this group of $15 to $30 earphones / earbuds.
To compare them, I've been listening to some FLAC files from "Beyond These Shores" (1993), by the progressive Celtic rock band, Iona, playing without any EQ on on the single-ended output of my Onkyo DP-X1 (digital filter set to Sharp).  My listening space is a quiet apartment, so there's not much noise that earbuds would need to isolate.

Take Care,
David Baldock

It is really too bad you didn't list which ones you prefer in order of how you like them. :frowning2:

Jan 29, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #5,368 of 33,689
1More Triple Driver (Model E1001) IEM
The 1More is by far my favorite China import, $89

MrZ Toneking MusicMaker Ting Ear-bud, it's OK but I'm not sure I'm ear-bud material? $69

Mi In-Ear Headphones (Xiaomi Piston 3) IEMs (Two Consecutive Serial Number Pairs)
Piston 3's are the deal of a lifetime! $26 and they are built like tanks. Keep a pair in my pocket like old coins!

Edifier H840 Headphones
Just about perfect sound and amazing for the $40 price!

SOMiC MH438 Headphones
Different and cool, don't like them as much as I used to? $30

JBL M330 Wood IEMs
These are not JBL but some kind of fake maybe. Always like the way they sound, nice construction and great lows. $15

Edifier H285 IEMs (Black) Got sick of these after two weeks, just not enough detail. $20

MEELECTRONICS SX-31 IEMs (Black) An early value IEM which really made a mark way back when. For $9 I would think they still have a special value. Really great quality low end and a perfect fit in the ear. Though they have been surpassed by the QKZ and KZ line in detail now days!

Basic IE200HD IEMs (stock cables) Nice warm and detailed sound. Romantic! $30

Basic IE300HD IEMs (stock cables) I actually like the IE200HD better now after it all, don't know why, maybe like the bass? $40

KZ-ATE Copper Driver IEM (Black) RQ:016NBM
One of the best deals on this post, I payed a little too much but I love it. Don't like the cable but love the overall sound.$20

QKZ-W1 PRO IEM (Black) The W1 takes a little to get a good fit, also takes a while to like the mid-centric sound. Prices range between $8-$20

QKZ-W1 PRO IEM 2016 Edition (Blue) $8-$20
Every model sounds the same but the new ones have nicer over ear guides.

QKZ-W1 PRO IEM 2016 Edition (Red) $8-$20
You can get two pair and switch the colors around.
Same with new over ear guides

Remax RM-S1 Pro IEM (Clear Grey) I love the detail and how they wear. $20
Remax RM-S1 IEM (Grey) Like this model more$30

Remax RM610D IEM (Black) Such a special level of detail for what you can get them for. They scale with better equipment too! $10-$17

Remax RM305M Ear-bud (Grey) I really like these for $10 though other ear-buds have slightly more range. They are built well.

Sony XBA-100 IEM An import not from China but made in Thailand, and designed in Japan, import only. Slightly less bass than some would maybe want but the most detailed on this list so I thought I'd break the China import only rule?

$59 and a single BA housed in pure brass. Amazing!

Jan 29, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #5,369 of 33,689

It is really too bad you didn't list which ones you prefer in order of how you like them. :frowning2:

Yeah, that list was by price, rather than preference.
A list by preference (of my current $15 - $30 Earphones / Earbuds) would be -

1.) BossHiFi B3 - slightly warm sound, and great Midrange [$28.49]
2.) **** PT15 - doesn't have the Bass impact of an in-ear, but good balance, with big sound-stage [$15.00]
3.) DZAT DF-10 - very good & balanced sound, for under $20 [$19.99]
4.) Tennmak Pro - sometimes a little too much Bass, but really smooth sound [$22.68]
5.) **** 4in1 (2016) - good sound, but recessed Midrange [$28.86]
6.) Kinera BA05 (2016) - good sound, but recessed Midrange [$19.59]
7.) **** DT2 IE800 v2 - good sound, but recessed Midrange [$25.62]
8.) Remax RM-600M - not much low Bass, but clear Midrange & Treble [$25.19]
9.) ZhiYin Z2000 - sound is a little too "V shaped", with hollow Midrange [$18.79]

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back