Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 22, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #4,411 of 33,689
hate the lz-a4 mmcx connector. It is so tight that when i change the cable i accidentally destroy the side of my wire of the male mmcx connector
Guess what piss me off further........ The cable that is supplied with 4 in 1 actually sound better than my $100 made cable............

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #4,412 of 33,689
I am also in the process of losing about $100, with no product, to the NiceHCK Audio Store on AliExpress.  The place is a scam and fraud.

They sent me broken headphones AND made me create a youtube video to prove they were broken.  Then they made me pay shipping, about $15, to send them back, and now they are claiming they didn't receive them so now I get no new product and no refund, plus I'm out the shipping.  

Of course Buyer Protection on AliExpress is a joke, so they side with the seller.  It's China so what can I do except leave this review...

I can see how the scam goes: send out any broken headphones, get them to return the headphones, claim you don't receive them, pocket the cash.  Of course AliExpress will be complicit in the scam, China is a joke.  The seller at NiceHCK Audio Store, Jim NiceHCK, will act so nice, that's just part of the scam.

I thought everything was fine, and he strung me along for so long, I didn't even get to leave a review on AliExpress about my experience because apparently there's a time limit of 30 days to leave a review, and if you don't, you never get the chance too.  So they just string along anyone they are scamming long enough so that they can't leave a review, then you're done.  They keep extending the phony 'Buyer Protection', but only if you ask them too, because they hope you don't notice when it's about to run out.  Even if you do start up the Buyer Protection, AliExpress has no intention of actually protecting anyone except the seller.

'Buyer Protection' is a made up thing that implies some kind of guarantee that doesn't actually exist.  People think, 'oh, it will be just like Amazon's rock solid protection'.  I imagine if you buy from AliExpress enough, it's only a matter of time before you get burned with no recourse, this is no Amazon.

Spent about $100 and a lot of time, just to learn a lesson - Don't mess with AliExpress, unless you are very prepared to lose all of the money you spent, and have nothing to show for it.

Buyer beware, stay away from NiceHCK Audio Store on AliExpress.

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #4,414 of 33,689
Not that we don't believe you had a problem, but this has happened before where a "brand new", 1 post person attacked a seller and head-fi'er and turned out to be a fraud (and tied to a now banned seller).

Aliexpress works just like ebay does, where they would normally lean towards the buyer (I practically stopped selling on ebay because of this). You would need to explain much, much more before shouting scam. 

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #4,416 of 33,689
  I am also in the process of losing about $100, with no product, to the NiceHCK Audio Store on AliExpress.  The place is a scam and fraud.

They sent me broken headphones AND made me create a youtube video to prove they were broken.  Then they made me pay shipping, about $15, to send them back, and now they are claiming they didn't receive them so now I get no new product and no refund, plus I'm out the shipping.  

Of course Buyer Protection on AliExpress is a joke, so they side with the seller.  It's China so what can I do except leave this review...

I can see how the scam goes: send out any broken headphones, get them to return the headphones, claim you don't receive them, pocket the cash.  Of course AliExpress will be complicit in the scam, China is a joke.  The seller at NiceHCK Audio Store, Jim NiceHCK, will act so nice, that's just part of the scam.

I thought everything was fine, and he strung me along for so long, I didn't even get to leave a review on AliExpress about my experience because apparently there's a time limit of 30 days to leave a review, and if you don't, you never get the chance too.  So they just string along anyone they are scamming long enough so that they can't leave a review, then you're done.  They keep extending the phony 'Buyer Protection', but only if you ask them too, because they hope you don't notice when it's about to run out.  Even if you do start up the Buyer Protection, AliExpress has no intention of actually protecting anyone except the seller.

'Buyer Protection' is a made up thing that implies some kind of guarantee that doesn't actually exist.  People think, 'oh, it will be just like Amazon's rock solid protection'.  I imagine if you buy from AliExpress enough, it's only a matter of time before you get burned with no recourse, this is no Amazon.

Spent about $100 and a lot of time, just to learn a lesson - Don't mess with AliExpress, unless you are very prepared to lose all of the money you spent, and have nothing to show for it.

I'm enjoying using Mr Tao

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #4,417 of 33,689
LZ A4 just dropped on Massdrop, lowest price $174.99 once 5 are sold.  Sooooooo tempting, and shipping is just as long as Ali (maybe a little longer).
.. AE had express shipping, it's an extra $15-20, just gotta tell the seller you want it before you pay. China to my home in the last USA in 5 days

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #4,418 of 33,689

Unless you sent it with tracking there's no way to verify whether Nice HCK received them or not. As such I think it's unfair for you to trash them here as they could be totally innocent and telling you the truth. I've learned the same lesson myself (not related to AliExpress) - If you're sending anything of significant value you're a fool to do so without paying the extra for tracking.

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #4,420 of 33,689

Do you have the tracking number when you sent them back?

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #4,421 of 33,689
  Not that we don't believe you had a problem, but this has happened before where a "brand new", 1 post person attacked a seller and head-fi'er and turned out to be a fraud (and tied to a now banned seller).

Aliexpress works just like ebay does, where they would normally lean towards the buyer (I practically stopped selling on ebay because of this). You would need to explain much, much more before shouting scam. 

Yes, ebay is totally unfair to seller.

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #4,422 of 33,689

Has anyone heard of the QKZ DM9 or have any impressions about it. I can't seem to find any reviews or impressions about it besides AE reviews despite it had almost 2000+ units sold on AE. It can't be no one from our thread noticed about it right? They look so cool and attractive btw
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32759894933/32759894933.html

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #4,423 of 33,689

I doubt that he is sending broken headphones intentionally, since he would have been out of business a long time ago if he really did. But based on experiences from other people on this forum, you can say that his customer service is pretty bad.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #4,424 of 33,689
It came to me using USPS so I sent it back the same way.  At the time, they said they only have tracking until it gets to China, and I had the tracking number LC804235768US.  When I called up USPS about this issue they said they just got tracking within China a couple days after I sent out my order, so bad timing.  They also said that if there were any issues with it at customs or otherwise, it would just get returned to me.  I uploaded photos of the customs slip and receipt which have the addresses, dates, names, stamp and everything on them to prove I sent it back and the cost.  It is possible that some BS happened once it got to China's postal system.  
But even if something did happen to it in China's postal system, I did make the YouTube video(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shvCKQrv5ro) showing that the product was defective, so it's not like I was trying to keep a good product and get a refund.  Even if they did receive it, it would've been defective anyway, I wasn't returning a working product.  

I would've been fine with a 50% refund (though I have my doubts about the sellers claim that they didn't receive it) since one side of the headphones was not working and this wouldn't have happened if they just checked it before the sent it to the other side of the world.  I still would have been out the shipping costs on top of 50% of the headphone cost.  

The AliExpress terms/buyer protection say that you can send it back for a full refund, or keep the defective product and get a partial refund.  If they claim to have not received it, then it should be treated as if I kept it and get a partial refund.  But of course, somehow, now that I said I sent it back, it's all or nothing, there is apparently no going back to 'keep with a partial refund'...  I should be able to change my refund claim from 'return for full refund' to 'keep with partial refund', but even AliExpress will not honor that. AliExpress buyer protection is garbage.  

Even it I did get a full refund, I would still be out the $15 shipping with no product to show for it.  And if I was able to get full tracking in China, it would have cost even more than $15 for shipping, with no product and lots of wasted time.  Either way, a $0 refund for this situation is not what I would expect reading the terms or from AliExpress who claims to have 'Buyer Protection'.  It's not good customer service from the store, or from AliExpress, and definitely is ripe for scamming.  

I doubt there is any way they would say they ever received a package from anyone that didn't come with tracking to prove it.  I certainly would have a hard time trusting a Chinese company on AliExpress again - and like I said, even if they did give you a refund for a defective product, you would still be out the shipping.  Why wouldn't they just keep sending out crap hoping to score on someone who accidentally lets the buyer protection run out, or sends something back without a tracking number.  If they do receive it, they could just send out the broken item again trying to fish for another unsuspecting victim.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #4,425 of 33,689
  It came to me using USPS so I sent it back the same way.  At the time, they said they only have tracking until it gets to China, and I had the tracking number LC804235768US.  When I called up USPS about this issue they said they just got tracking within China a couple days after I sent out my order, so bad timing.  They also said that if there were any issues with it at customs or otherwise, it would just get returned to me.  I uploaded photos of the customs slip and receipt which have the addresses, dates, names, stamp and everything on them to prove I sent it back and the cost.  It is possible that some BS happened once it got to China's postal system.  
But even if something did happen to it in China's postal system, I did make the YouTube video(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shvCKQrv5ro) showing that the product was defective, so it's not like I was trying to keep a good product and get a refund.  Even if they did receive it, it would've been defective anyway, I wasn't returning a working product.  

I would've been fine with a 50% refund (though I have my doubts about the sellers claim that they didn't receive it) since one side of the headphones was not working and this wouldn't have happened if they just checked it before the sent it to the other side of the world.  I still would have been out the shipping costs on top of 50% of the headphone cost.  

The AliExpress terms/buyer protection say that you can send it back for a full refund, or keep the defective product and get a partial refund.  If they claim to have not received it, then it should be treated as if I kept it and get a partial refund.  But of course, somehow, now that I said I sent it back, it's all or nothing, there is apparently no going back to 'keep with a partial refund'...  I should be able to change my refund claim from 'return for full refund' to 'keep with partial refund', but even AliExpress will not honor that. AliExpress buyer protection is garbage.  

Even it I did get a full refund, I would still be out the $15 shipping with no product to show for it.  And if I was able to get full tracking in China, it would have cost even more than $15 for shipping, with no product and lots of wasted time.  Either way, a $0 refund for this situation is not what I would expect reading the terms or from AliExpress who claims to have 'Buyer Protection'.  It's not good customer service from the store, or from AliExpress, and definitely is ripe for scamming.  

I doubt there is any way they would say they ever received a package from anyone that didn't come with tracking to prove it.  I certainly would have a hard time trusting a Chinese company on AliExpress again - and like I said, even if they did give you a refund for a defective product, you would still be out the shipping.  Why wouldn't they just keep sending out crap hoping to score on someone who accidentally lets the buyer protection run out, or sends something back without a tracking number.  If they do receive it, they could just send out the broken item again trying to fish for another unsuspecting victim.

Did the tracking information say your package delivered the seller? If so, you have the reason to ask full refund. Otherwise it's difficult to judge based on assumptions. 

I see. USPS Tracking is unavailable for this product for CHINA. I'll never use USPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back