Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 30, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #3,661 of 33,689
First post and I just got the 4in1s, **** pt15, and the moni one today.

First impressions:
I like the pt15. Bass lite as any earbud but the bass feels cleaner and quicker than the monks. Plus build quality is miles ahead. Vocals also have a slightly less "fizzy" quality to them if that makes sense. I'm guessing that's due to a peak somewhere in the monks fr.

The 4in1: Not gonna lie these are pretty bad imo. I knew these where gonna be crazy v shaped but the bass had no texture. Every bass note sounds the same. Easily prefer the kz atr, and zs3. Even my sony's that I got at Walmart for $30 sound more cohesive. Honestly these just sound too unnatural. Great build guiltily tho.

Now onto the moni ones: these were a sigh of relief after trying the 4in1s. The only thing that surprised me is how much bass they had. Based on impressions I would've thought they were bass lite but if anything the bass on these are definitely a little above neutral. Maybe compared to some of the basshead iems these may sound lacking in the bass, but I doubt any measurements will show these having bass less than neutral. Really enjoy these though. I was worried that they wouldn't have enough bass and this is probably around the perfect amount for me.

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #3,662 of 33,689
Now that the DT2+ is back in stock, I absolutely recommend it if you like the KZ ATR. It's like the refined cousin of it. More detail, better soundstage, etc.

Just like the 4 in 1, I have to use EQ to really enjoy it though. Mids need a slight bump, midbass needs a little cut, and highs need a slight boost. After that, they sound very impressive. My new daily set.

I should get a measurement within the next few days between it and the ATR.

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #3,664 of 33,689
Also please some one make comparassions of cellos to 4in1, tk13, dt2+ and new xiaomi hybrid.

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #3,665 of 33,689
Now that the DT2+ is back in stock, I absolutely recommend it if you like the KZ ATR. It's like the refined cousin of it. More detail, better soundstage, etc.

Just like the 4 in 1, I have to use EQ to really enjoy it though. Mids need a slight bump, midbass needs a little cut, and highs need a slight boost. After that, they sound very impressive. My new daily set.

I should get a measurement within the next few days between it and the ATR.

Yay, looking forward as always :)

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #3,667 of 33,689
Can anyone do a comparison between the DT2+ and the crazy cello? Because I love the ATR signature might be considering upgrading to the DT2+ but my crazy celoos are on the way

Yep. Would be very helpful to hear some comparison. Thinking of getting one of them for my Christmas present... 
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #3,668 of 33,689
Now onto the moni ones: these were a sigh of relief after trying the 4in1s. The only thing that surprised me is how much bass they had. Based on impressions I would've thought they were bass lite but if anything the bass on these are definitely a little above neutral. Maybe compared to some of the basshead iems these may sound lacking in the bass, but I doubt any measurements will show these having bass less than neutral. Really enjoy these though. I was worried that they wouldn't have enough bass and this is probably around the perfect amount for me.

Just got my Opus#1 and paired with the Moni One it's potential end game for me. Almost enough to cancel the PM6 from TA.

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #3,671 of 33,689
A bit of research later:
The Carbon One and other headphones were presented in 2015 so they aren't new.
Those are sold on chinese websites for 1599 Yuan (MSRP I think) so above 200$, which makes the AE offer legit. Unfortunatelly this means I can't try them. 

Other infos:
The IE seem to be wearable over the ear and with the cable down. At least they have such a plasticpiece to secure they stay in your ears and an earhanger in their package. The cable connects with 2 male mmxc pins. This is one of the sites I found with good pictures http://www.hh365.net/news/20160509/16416.html  or the mainpage of urbanfun themself (they don't show the connector though) http://urbanfunlife.com/show/473.html

Something equally interesting for me:
Urbanfun showed a Over-Ear Headphone the "Nature One". Beryllium driver, wooden case. Awesome, but they seem to have discontinued them. 
frown.gif

Dec 1, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #3,672 of 33,689
Anyone else finding their dt2 plus sibilant? Today I was listening to both the Urbanfun hybrid and DT2 plus. I found the DT2 plus to be sibilant and at some points it was unbearable.

Kind of. It is less sibilant and has less treble than the 4 in 1 though.

One thing I don't like is driver flex. This has it, while the 4in1 didn't for me.

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #3,674 of 33,689
Hi! Here my comparison of **** DT2+, PT15, Vyrus and LZ-A2s.

with best options of tips (for me) - Meizu medium tips on ****, Vting big tips on LZ, big standart tips on Vyrus

Tracks used (with some notes how they sound with different iems):

Hunger of the Pine - alt-J 
Vyrus and LZ brings vocal forward, **** DT2+ has slightly recessed vocals. Bass of LZ is agressive, it overwhelms  hights sometimes.  **** sounds ok, but cymbals at 3.15 sounds a bit strange. PT15 sound very natural (but has same problem with cymbals), overall at the same level with others.

Beyond - Hans Zimmer & Lorne Balfe
LZ suffers from  low-frequency rumble, that affects on detail retrieving (at 1:10 - ...). DT2+ has better resolution; main theme at 1:50 is recessed, a bit lost on other frequencies. PT15 sound a bit too airy, has a bot better separation (at 1:20),percussion is a bit too dry on PT15.

Major, Jesus Lady - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
LZ sounds muddy,boomy and has narrower soundstage than other earphones. I don't really like drums on PT15, but overall  these songs sounds pretty good. Nothing special to mention  about DT2+ here, it's ok. Vyrus sound good too, but has cleaner sound.

Kiss the sky - Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra
Sounds better on LZ (sound signature is more suitable). DT2+ has better resolution and sounds more flat. PT15 has airy and light (or lite?) sounding, but it sounds a bit "vapid" (don't know how to say it right). Don't know why, but Vyrus has narrow sounstage here.

Suzy - Caravan Palace
Vyrus  - acoustic guitar and vocal forward(or guitar is more forward than on other earphones at least). Right amount of bass. LZ brings guitar and vocal forward too, but   accompanied by vibrations. DT2+  - guitar is less in body, is more light and has more detail. PT15 sounds more airy again, has wider soundstage, lacks power in percussion.

Come with Me Now - KONGOS
DT2+ has higher level of detail. Overall LZ sounds better, especially vocals. PT15 is my favorite here with wider soundstage and good resolution.

Fire Meet Gasoline - Sia
Vyrus has more balanced sound than others again. This song has wider sounstage on LZ in comparison with other tracks on LZ (I hope you'll understand what I mean). Bass and rumble overwhelms other frequencies, therefore here is lost of detail retrieving. This song sounds pretty good on DT2+, soundstage on **** is approximately the same on Vyrus. PT15 would sound very good if it has more subbass.

Fourth Of July - Fall Out Boy
DT2+ has more details. I don't like the positioning here on LZ, I would prefer vocal more forward here.It is really hard to focus on vocal, because it is overwhelmed by instruments, which are as loud as the voice. PT15 has same problem here.

The Other Woman - Caro Emerald
Vyrus sounds more balanced, vocal is a bit too close. DT2+ has better detail on cymbals. Female voice sounds very good on LZ, very natural. Separation is not the best (at 2:00 is hard to hear the violin). PT15 as usual.

Pulse - Gossling
LZ has heavy sounding, Drums of DT2+ are a bit veiled (or muddy?). PT15 has a bit artificial cymbals. Vyrus has a bit distant presentation.

Beast - Nico Vega
LZ - hights are rolled off, very "meaty" sound, too much rumble. DT2+ has better detalisation on hights and percussion, but voice more forward would be better. PT15 has more suitable presentation, good resolution, voice forward, same goes for Vyrus (except resolution).

All the Earth - Jessica Curny
Better sounds on PT15, then goes Vyrus, DT2+. LZ has very good voice reproduction, but vocal is too forward.

The Greatest Fight on Earth - Deathstars
LZ - very heavy sound, too much rumble, bass overwhelms the hights. But voice reproduction is very good.  DT2+ has better hights and wider soundstage, vocal is recessed. PT15 has surprisingly meaty sound thanks to midbass..

Design your Universe - Epica
LZ performs suprisingly good, very good bass, voice reproduction and overall sound is powerfull. DT2+ goes with better detail on hights.  PT15 has wider soundstage and better separation.

Verta Sataa - Turmion Kätilöt
LZ - muddy, narrow, bad resolution in bass. Vyrus is step ahead in separation and bass quality. DT2+ is between Vyrus and LZ here, good detail, bass quality a bit worse than Vyrus. PT15's presentation does not suit for this type of music.

BFD Division - Mick Gordon
LZ - suprisingly not bad, a bit cleaner sound would be welcome. PT15 has some "meat" here, good resolution,but does not suit for this music actually. DT2+ goes right after Vyrus here, sound good overall. Feel the pure,raw power of this track with Vyrus 
very_evil_smiley.gif
- very good bass quality and quantity and overall good resolution.

Everybody Lies - Michael MC Cann
LZ sounds veiled, warm, such sound does not suit well for this track. DT2+ has suitable presentation, good detail but drums sounds a bit plastic/artificial. PT15 lacks of beat in the bass. Vyrus sounds great.

Instrument - Joe Ford
Better on LZ, good detail exept cymbals, great subbas. Vyrus lacks a bit on subbass (with gold undamped filters) . **** has more subbass than Vyrus but less than LZ. PT15 - almost no subbass, but midbass still exists, a bit more detail than LZ and Vyrus.

Feel Like Home - Fort Minor
Vyrus - neutral,accurate sounding. LZ performs good, lacks on hights a bit. DT2+ same as Vyrus.

A little less conversation -  Elvis Presley
Dragonland - Thomas Bergersen
Big Bad Wolf - In this Moment
Captain's Dance - Marcus Warner

Some Hi-Res: 

Forest Fish - AES DANA
LZ souns more veiled/muddy, narrow, just a little space here. DT2+ and Vyrus have better feeling of space, Vyrus sounds a bit more natural. PT15 sounds similar to Vyrus, but crickets(?) sound somehow strange.

Prism - Veiko Matsui
Best sounding version is by PT15. Vyrus has less detail and overall resolution. LZ has good detail retrieving, more "intimate". DT2+ sounds like LZ with bigger space.

Other sources

Meizu Pro 5: In generall rough and less detailed sound, more fun sounding than analytical. 
DT2+ - less details in midbass, a bit harsh treble, rough sound, more bass and rumble. Suit for electonic, simple pop music,"epic" instrumental music. 
LZ - suit for Meizu better than Senfers. Beautiful vocals, mid forward, more bass (a bit muddy), less detailed. Sounds good - Feel like Home, Suzy, Hunger of the Pine, BFG Division.
PT15 - more suitable for ambient
Vyrus - pairs pretty well,less detailed sound, less bass quality and simple hights.

Hidizs AP100 : My first thought was - I need better source, after XDuoo, Hidizs is really step ahead, better in every way, except maybe size of soundstage. 
DT2+ - everything is better than on XDuoo, but downsides are still present, even if less prominent.
LZ - better quality and quantity of bass, more detail. Rap sounds better on Hidizs, In this Moment sound roughly the same as XDuoo. I like how Verta Sataa profits from Hidizs+LZ.
Vyrus - much darker on Hidizs, more "meaty" sound. Really good with this pair - Caravan Palace, The Asteriods Galaxy Tour, Elvys Prasley,Fall Out Boy( better positioning of instruments really helps here) and heavy, difficult music like In this Moment,Turmion Kätilöt .
PT15 - does not profit from better source that much  actually, sound is about the same level of XDuoo.

Some options of tips
 From left to right 1-6.

For LZ:
1 - less bass impact, overall flat sound,mayby too dry
4 - moderate amount of bass, sound overall less energic
5 - bassy option without too much sacrifice 
For ****:
2 - wide soundstage, a bit too much rumble for me
3 - one of ****'s standart tips (came with DT2+) became one of the most interesting in my collection. They looks like all standart tips but have a little bit wider bore.
6 - bass lite sound

Conclusion:
LZ-A2s - Full,warm sound with agressive subbass and recessed hights, mids and vocals  slightly forward. Very good vocals reproduction, very natural.  LZ sounds more like an dynamic earphone. LZ need some sirious tip-rolling, because using standart tips is the best way to get muddy,boomy, narrow sound without all the clarity.

From Senfers I was expecting a bit more.

**** PT15 - Airy, clean sound with good separation and overall resolution. Bass is good in terms of quality, but it lacks certainly on quantity,therefore this earbud is not so good for some heavy genres. Actually I was expecting more from this earbud, because with having bigger driver PT15 does not provide any advantages over other earphones. All strong sides like good detail/separation are caused by bright sound signature (Virus with purple filters became more detailed too). But I need to say that **** sounds really natural.

**** DT2+ - Another IEM with serious "tip-rolling" problem. When I start to compare **** with other earphones the first thing I noticed was that DT2+ sounds veiled and somehow distant(vague?). It's like you sit a bit further away from stage, singer and some instruments are forward and percussion instruments stands behind the veil. Third driver is rather a marketing ploy than real improvement. Yes, DT2+ has a bit better detail retrieval than others (in hights, hight-frequency percussion), but it comes out only after very critical listening. Furthermore this extra detalisation entails more problems, like some artificial cymbals in heavy music and plastic/artificial drums. I prefer in this case less detailed but more natural sound. Back to tips - sound of DT2+ much depends on tips. 

Vyrus - Most balanced earphone in comparison (gold undamped). Overall separation and detail is on pair with others, a bit less micro details in heavy music due single driver. Natural sound ( a bit less natural on simple genres than PT15), quick bass with good amount, flat sound signature. Best allrounder here with gold filters,  not to mention a lot options to castomize "your" sound.

Main part of comparison based on  listening with  XDuoo X3, conclusion was made based on experience with Hidizs as better source. Sorry for my English
rolleyes.gif

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #3,675 of 33,689
It seems Brainwavz has a new IEM offering. Retailing at 89.5$, the M100. Pricing does not seems appealing to me for a single dynamic but we won't know for sure until someone has heard it.
http://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/brainwavz-m100-earphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back