Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 27, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #3,556 of 33,689
Also bought the triple driver from 1more. Sold my kz zs3, tfz s5 and aed10 when I received the 1more.

It has tons and heaps of positive reviews from more than 300 buyers over at Amazon (I know they are not professional reviewers, nor am i), what's important is you like it's sound sig.

I would have to agree with the bass sound sig though. It's a bit aggressive. I can't unlock the full high and mids potential of the q more since I use a x5i which is touted and known to be a very warm sounding DAP.

Bottoming, it's still a very good IEM at its price point. I heard cosco sells then much lower so if your from CONUS you might wanna try them out.

Oh just another thing - the microphonics issue is real though. Not to bothersome to me but for those anal about it, you will be.

Sent from Nokia 3210

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #3,557 of 33,689
kauljp you must be talking about the triple drivers than? I have the dual hybrids, they do have the midbass bump which makes them sound warm overall, i find that they are sparkly on the top end so i actually like the sound. I have not heard the triples though but i assume the tuning would be similar.

On a side note does anyone have any recommendations on over ear closed back headphones that are not as painfully bright as the Pro 80s with a bit more mids? 

I bought the ISK MDH9000's as i mentioned a while back...still waiting but also keeping my eye open in the meantime. 

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #3,558 of 33,689
Also bought the triple driver from 1more. Sold my kz zs3, tfz s5 and aed10 when I received the 1more.

It has tons and heaps of positive reviews from more than 300 buyers over at Amazon (I know they are not professional reviewers, nor am i), what's important is you like it's sound sig.

I would have to agree with the bass sound sig though. It's a bit aggressive. I can't unlock the full high and mids potential of the q more since I use a x5i which is touted and known to be a very warm sounding DAP.

Bottoming, it's still a very good IEM at its price point. I heard cosco sells then much lower so if your from CONUS you might wanna try them out.

Oh just another thing - the microphonics issue is real though. Not to bothersome to me but for those anal about it, you will be.

Sent from Nokia 3210
I agree egzbuen, these iems do have a lot of bass. I liked that when i first listened to them, but now most songs that I listen to the majority of the song is being dominated by the bass which I am starting to dislike. I think i need more analytical iems with a slight bass kick but not too high.

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #3,559 of 33,689
I agree egzbuen, these iems do have a lot of bass. I liked that when i first listened to them, but now most songs that I listen to the majority of the song is being dominated by the bass which I am starting to dislike. I think i need more analytical iems with a slight bass kick but not too high.

These might be out of your price-range, but check out the Accutone Pisces BA (which has your exact preferred sound signature) and the Accutone Gemini HD with either green or blue filters. Similarly, the Trinity Audio Phantom Master 4 with the standard gunmetal filters has a very analytical sound signature with a slight bass kick.

Here is an Accutone mega-thread I put together which aggregates all the known reviews of Accutone products:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/816576/accutone-technology-mega-thread

Hope this helps.

-Cinder

Nov 27, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #3,560 of 33,689
  These might be out of your price-range, but check out the Accutone Pisces BA (which has your exact preferred sound signature) and the Accutone Gemini HD with either green or blue filters. Similarly, the Trinity Audio Phantom Master 4 with the standard gunmetal filters has a very analytical sound signature with a slight bass kick.

Here is an Accutone mega-thread I put together which aggregates all the known reviews of Accutone products:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/816576/accutone-technology-mega-thread

Hope this helps.

-Cinder

+1 for Accutone. I've only heard the Lyra so far but it's  impressive for a low budget offering.

Nov 27, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #3,561 of 33,689
kauljp
 you must be talking about the triple drivers than? I have the dual hybrids, they do have the midbass bump which makes them sound warm overall, i find that they are sparkly on the top end so i actually like the sound. I have not heard the triples though but i assume the tuning would be similar.

On a side note does anyone have any recommendations on over ear closed back headphones that are not as painfully bright as the Pro 80s with a bit more mids? 

I bought the ISK MDH9000's as i mentioned a while back...still waiting but also keeping my eye open in the meantime. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones

Nov 27, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #3,562 of 33,689

Sent from Nokia 3210

You are right. Just checked and Costco has them for $69.99 right now. You of course need to be a Costco member I believe

Nov 27, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #3,563 of 33,689

The Ocharaku Co-Donguri isn't Chinese but if you have spare cash what little I gather from Head-Fi and elsewhere online make it an interesting thing... I'm not sure if I should take the plunge myself.

Available from rakuten, CDjapan and Amazon US I think! If anyone here has tried them let me know how they sound! Ex-Sony dude who started the firm and did an Audio-Technica mod should have a thing or two up his sleeve I guess :)

Also, there is the Fiio F1 and F3 but they are super new not all Chinese retailers stock them yet, let alone reviews or an official Fiio english product webpage. What I gathered from the Chinese site is they are two different grades of over-ear, single DD IEMs but no mention of sound signature. The F3 apparently has DD components sourced from Japan.

Nov 27, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #3,564 of 33,689
Hi, I need some help again choosing some new iems up to 30 euros. I already have the xe800, and until yesterday I also had the musicmaker kk ting, but they ended up in the washer and you can guess what happened.

So I am looking for something with good bass to replace them.

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #3,566 of 33,689
Hey all, I really enjoy remax rm-600ms but the cable is super annoying (the sleeveing wrinkles, and it hurts my ears where it presses in towards the earlobe area. Do you know of any similar sounding (Dual BA, good sub bass, low mid bass and good treble extension but not sibilant, mic) iems under 100 with better cables? I couldn't find any notes on the hybrid remax rm800

cheers

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #3,567 of 33,689
Hi guys. Does anyone know how long does it take to get a refund to your credit card when you cancel your order on aliexpress? I cancelled my order after I realised that I gave the wrong address and the order status was pending and changed to finished but when I check my bank account the money hasn't been refunded yet.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #3,568 of 33,689
Hi guys. Does anyone know how long does it take to get a refund to your credit card when you cancel your order on aliexpress? I cancelled my order after I realised that I gave the wrong address and the order status was pending and changed to finished but when I check my bank account the money hasn't been refunded yet.

In my experience this may take a couple of days but I can't remember it ever taken more than a week.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #3,569 of 33,689
In my experience this may take a couple of days but I can't remember it ever taken more than a week.

Thank you Peter. I cancelled my order today only a few minutes after I realized I gave the wrong address so I don't need to worry about it :wink:

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,570 of 33,689
Thank you Peter. I cancelled my order today only after a few minutes so I don't need to worry about it :wink:

Sounds good, if you cancel fast enough they may even not have had the time to charge you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back