Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 18, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #3,196 of 33,689
I've been wondering this too. For over a month now many have said the treble is too much. Then people continue to order them then complain about the treble. Rly?

I don't know why some people complaining about 4in1's treble. I have two pairs and I found that the treble on both of them are not as extended as my Macaw GT100s, it's just slightly above the TFZ 5s (harakiri modded).

Nov 18, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #3,198 of 33,689
Originally Posted by originalsnuffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Moral; be darn sure you know what you want to purchase because sending it back is really hard.  And certainly do not try to return anything to NiceHCK.

Just have to get this off my chest; not sure what else I can do.

That has always being the given for me when ordering things from China or any overseas retailer bar the very large companies like Amazon who can offer hassle free returns. You either haggle for a full/partial refund then and there or you accept you loses and move on. Even when dealing with manufacturer warranties off ebay, often times they will try to palm you off back to ebay due to technicalities like "not authorized seller" and so on. It's a real pita.

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #3,199 of 33,689
Out of sheer curiosity, have you had a chance to listen to the DZ7 and DZX as well, and if so, would you say the DZ9 is a noticeable improvement over the DZ7?
The DZX I have no idea what it really is, it's not on the Gleam Design Handwork
Taobao page

http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=527730344635&spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.IzePl7#detail

And an experienced Headfier left impressions on the DZ7 saying it had a nicely balanced signature.
So not much point to go there when I own DZ9

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #3,200 of 33,689
  Sometimes the practice of purchasing IEMs unheard from China can be great.  For example, based on comments on these forums, I happily purchased the LZ-A2 from NiceHCK and all was good.

But sometimes buying from China can go awry.  I purchased a pair of **** 4in1 from the same vendor, NiceHCK. 

I absolutely did not like the treble.  I found the upper registers on the 4in1 grating; like nails on a chalkboard. 

So I contacted the vendor, NiceHCK, who offered a return.

Went to the US post office, that informed me that shipping was $14 for these $36 headphones and cable.  Furthermore, tracking was another $14.  Well adding tracking would take the total refund to $8 so I just went for shipping.

Well, weeks go by and no word from the vendor.  In my emails, they seemed to think I was asking for a refund authorization again.....and it was hard for me to explain that they already approved the return and that I wanted them to verify that the units arrived.  Assuming they arrived, and I have no reason to think they did not arrive, I wanted them to either credit my credit card account via Aliexpress or give a store credit.  Well they seem to refuse to even check if the unit arrived, and have stated that if they did arrive they could only issue a store credit.  They certainly did not state that when I first received the return authorization.

To make a long story short; nobody there seems to read the email chain and it is becoming increasingly clear that I wasted $52 on this effort.

Moral; be darn sure you know what you want to purchase because sending it back is really hard.  And certainly do not try to return anything to NiceHCK.

That's super unfortunate. Out of all the sellers, NiceHCK seemed like he mastered the english language the best. I always message through Aliexpress's message system since the chain of messages is literally a scroll away. You can't start a dispute and let Aliexpress foot in the bill? $36 is not a small amount. I really hope I don't have to send my DZ9's in for any servicing. 

On second thought, he's been a pretty responsive seller and has bent over backwards patiently answering tens of questions from me about the DZ9 and DZ8.. I'll just make sure to have proper documentation should an issue arrive. I'm not worried.

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #3,201 of 33,689
I am really impressed by tfz b2/b2m.
they have impressive soundstage like campfire andromeda and engaging lows like it03.
looking to secure them soon.
those who have andromeda and b2/b2m should do a head to head comparison. i thought they are pretty similar in terms of sq but andromeda is slightly brighter and better details. however, price to performance, b2/b2m wins hands down

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #3,202 of 33,689
Sometimes the practice of purchasing IEMs unheard from China can be great.  For example, based on comments on these forums, I happily purchased the LZ-A2 from NiceHCK and all was good.

But sometimes buying from China can go awry.  I purchased a pair of **** 4in1 from the same vendor, NiceHCK. 

I absolutely did not like the treble.  I found the upper registers on the 4in1 grating; like nails on a chalkboard. 

So I contacted the vendor, NiceHCK, who offered a return.

Went to the US post office, that informed me that shipping was $14 for these $36 headphones and cable.  Furthermore, tracking was another $14.  Well adding tracking would take the total refund to $8 so I just went for shipping.

Well, weeks go by and no word from the vendor.  In my emails, they seemed to think I was asking for a refund authorization again.....and it was hard for me to explain that they already approved the return and that I wanted them to verify that the units arrived.  Assuming they arrived, and I have no reason to think they did not arrive, I wanted them to either credit my credit card account via Aliexpress or give a store credit.  Well they seem to refuse to even check if the unit arrived, and have stated that if they did arrive they could only issue a store credit.  They certainly did not state that when I first received the return authorization.

To make a long story short; nobody there seems to read the email chain and it is becoming increasingly clear that I wasted $52 on this effort.

Ive heard good and bad about Jim with him shipping and him taking returns.

I wanted to return an iem to another popular seller bc of the iffy tuning. He gladly accepted, I paid the $14. Showed him a pic that I shipped it and he quickly sent me a different IEM as replacement and he shipped me a cable of my choice to reimburse my $14 shipping.

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #3,203 of 33,689
  I am really impressed by tfz b2/b2m.
they have impressive soundstage like campfire andromeda and engaging lows like it03.
looking to secure them soon.
those who have andromeda and b2/b2m should do a head to head comparison. i thought they are pretty similar in terms of sq but andromeda is slightly brighter and better details. however, price to performance, b2/b2m wins hands down

on a side note, tfz b2/b2m iems are heavy in a sense relatively.

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #3,204 of 33,689

That's super unfortunate. Out of all the sellers, NiceHCK seemed like he mastered the english language the best. I always message through Aliexpress's message system since the chain of messages is literally a scroll away. You can't start a dispute and let Aliexpress foot in the bill? $36 is not a small amount. I really hope I don't have to send my DZ9's in for any servicing. :'((

as i remember you had faced a loose mmcx connector issue with your DZ9, 
is this issue also effected on the sound quality , ??? 

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #3,205 of 33,689
I fixed the issue, I got some Fidue balanced Mmcx cables, they come with tiny spacers you put between
the cable and connector. Now there is just slight swivel, it's great now!

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #3,206 of 33,689

on a side note, tfz b2/b2m iems are heavy in a sense relatively.

Any chance to compare them with the Magaosi K1? 

The TFZ B2/B2m's are on sale now on massdrop if anyones interested 

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #3,207 of 33,689
I don't know why some people complaining about 4in1's treble. I have two pairs and I found that the treble on both of them are not as extended as my Macaw GT100s, it's just slightly above the TFZ 5s (harakiri modded).

Because you may not be as treble sensitive as the rest of us?

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #3,209 of 33,689
The DZX I have no idea what it really is, it's not on the Gleam Design Handwork
Taobao page

http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=527730344635&spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.IzePl7#detail

And an experienced Headfier left impressions on the DZ7 saying it had a nicely balanced signature.
So not much point to go there when I own DZ9

Ah, the DZX must be something else that NiceHCK rebadges or such. It's available as a hybrid with 1 DD + 1-4 BA's, and is only offered in one of three versions with watch gears on the outside.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-NiceHCK-DZX-In-Ear-Earphone-Hybrid-Drive-Unit-DIY-HIFI-Monitor-Printing-With-Gear-NiceHCK/32735766579.html

Nov 18, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #3,210 of 33,689

I fixed the issue, I got some Fidue balanced Mmcx cables, they come with tiny spacers you put between
the cable and connector. Now there is just slight swivel, it's great now!

Ah so that was the fault of the cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back