Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 11, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #2,776 of 33,689
Just picked up a Kinera BA05, Tenmak Pro and 2x KZ EDR2! Gotta love china!

Yeah, we all do here :) it looks like we will be one of the first testers of BA05 :)

I did my part.  Thought I'd play with the KZ line a little ... have an ATE, ED12, and ATR on order.  But I'm done.  Except maybe I'll take one last look.  :)

:) maybe ED9,I saw them for a bit over 7usd, not that I am tempting you, God forbid :wink:

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #2,779 of 33,689
So on 11.11 sale I bought ibasso IT03 (191$), Cayin C5 (115$) and 1more triple driver (59$). And I also bought FLC8s from shenzhenaudio. I think I am satisfied for now. I have been saving money for quite some time. Now I want a good headphone like Focal elear. After that the quota is complete. Maybe
wink_face.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #2,781 of 33,689
  wow where to get it03 for $191?

So on 11.11 sale I bought ibasso IT03 (191$), Cayin C5 (115$) and 1more triple driver (59$). And I also bought FLC8s from shenzhenaudio. I think I am satisfied for now. I have been saving money for quite some time. Now I want a good headphone like Focal elear. After that the quota is complete. Maybe
wink_face.gif

+1 ???

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #2,783 of 33,689
If anyone have any problem with the treble of **** 4in1, try some comply tips and warmer source. Comply makes the vocal little forward, little bit less mid-bass, tames the treble and the soundstage is little bigger. I was using xiaomi tips before. They are quite good but they make the 4in1 more v shape. 

Nov 11, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #2,784 of 33,689
  hey guys, there was a new triple driver 2ba and 1dd cheap 30/40usd hybrid that came around same time as dt2 plus, it was white color with triangle open back. anyone has a link for that and did anyone order it. Looking to see which one of these cheap triple driver is a giant killer, **** dt2+ vs xiaomi pro vs that white one.

I think they're the EC1, but they just went up in price....no kidding!

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141002.6.hTUNBL&scm=1007.10009.60083.100200300000004&id=540955066759&pvid=cb000f19-b5d0-4712-8ad4-0248b81012ae

Very very quick OOTB impression of the DT2+ after listening for 30min with stock tips and 30min with trinity HYBRIDS, all on my LG V20 tricked into high impedance mode.

1) No shrill highs like the 4in1
2) Almost mid forward in presentation. Both male and female vocals are in the middle or front of the mix.
3) Less subbass more mid bass than 4in1.
4) Imaging and clarity feel congested.

Hoping that things clear up and the sub bass shows up after some burn.

Right now, even with the shrill highs the 4in1 just has better quality sound. But it's also been burned in for 100+.

If you're waiting on pulling the trigger, I suggest waiting a little longer til more of us get burned in and have more thorough impressions.

It's certainly not something I feel you should run out and buy immediately.

Thanks for your update!
I agree with you to certain regarding both the Sendiy and the Magaosi could be the same but let's just consider some other options,
Above is the frequency response chart by the Sendiy whereas below is what i got from the official Magaosi store when i bought my K1 at Taobao.

Just for a comparison though it may not be accurate. If Magaosi being an OEM maker it probably has ODM capabilities whereby they could've tuned according to client needs so probably they're not the same thing afterall.

Plus let's not forget the history on the banned M2 versus the Sendiy M2 where the former sounded nothing like the real deal sound yet they both look 100% the same thing.

I still like my Magaosi K1 anyway, smooth lush midrange which sounds especially great on female vocals, but still it's all bounded by personal preference as i remembered one reputable member didn't find its sound to his liking.

I believe one will only know when one has tried both the Magaosi K1 and the Sendiy M1221.

Just my honest opinion.

Your statement is so true....

I repeatedly asked SENDIY if they were the same drivers and he repeated said that the K1's inner drivers and BA were made by a well none maker in China, while his inner driver and BA parts were imported from a Taiwanese company in conjunction with his company. Hopefully, that's what clearly separates the prices on both. But, remember guys the reviews I'm hoping to write about  next week will only explain the details for the SENDIY M1221, not the MaGaosi K1. ....Though, I will review the MaGaosi M3, which share no parts with the likings of the K1.

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #2,785 of 33,689
  Is there anything like a fake Tennmak Pro? Ordered a pair from a not so reputable seller, who claimed he will add the Tennmak Silver cable without mic in the package on top of the one with a mic.

Price seemed a bit too good to be true, but I guess I'll need to wait and see...

Same with my VJJB K4, I really hope it's genuine. 
redface.gif

Edit:
For the rest of my shopping I got the Urbanfun, Monk Plus and a 3m Auxcable (And stuff not related to Hifi)

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #2,786 of 33,689

Kudos to Tennmak. Making a hybrid is more difficult(esp. to have more up front mids and the drivers mesh right as far as tone, timbre, and sounding natural throughout) yet too many, IMO, want to use the hybrid as a selling point cause it is "in" right now and the term has bigger cache. Seems we have plenty of single dynamics that outshine many of these cheap hybrids. Never got what the point is really of taking the two types of drivers but doing it cheaply and not better. The point is to take/build on the strengths of both types of driver and add up something better than either one alone. Having cheap hybrids that can get beaten by single driver phones is just not doing it right, IMO 

The case with my ED9 TROUNCING my PRESUMPTUOUS t-pro (YES, JUST t-pro)...i regarded dual drivers as more efficient than single ones...ED9 changed that WRONG notion of mine...

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #2,787 of 33,689
Cool beans - Bought the Tennmak Crazy Cello - Interested to see how their crazy freq response will pan out with some studio work. You never know they might even sound great?!
Luckily I have the Music maker TK 12's and 13's somewhere in country on the way and Trinity PM4's next week
Looks like December is shaping up to be a musical month :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back