Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 21, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #12,453 of 33,689
While waiting for the RT-1, think you can check out the Tennmak Trio. They look to be a revised Pro with interchangeable nozzles and back covers (like the Fiio F3).

Edit: Fiio F3 interchangeable back cover, not F9 as initially keyed.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #12,456 of 33,689
Anyone know if the if the ADAX 5 is the same as ADAX HT06. Can't seem to find any more ht06 sellers.

Also are the bluemuze and Tasvicoo lookalikes same as the e-mi ci880?

Any opinions on the UiiSii CM5??

Oct 21, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #12,457 of 33,689
So far I am buying the following:
UiiSii CM5
e-mi ci880
ADAX ht06
LKer i8
Tin Audio T2
Ch9T

I need more recommendations:

My tonal preference is Mids and highs over bass, I do love bass but I like space and vocals more pronounced.
I am looking for recommendations that would match my ad900x.

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #12,458 of 33,689
UiiSii CM5
e-mi ci880
ADAX ht06
LKer i8
Tin Audio T2
Ch9T

My tonal preference is Mids and highs over bass, I do love bass but I like space and vocals more pronounced.
magaosi k3 hd and bgvp dm5 maybe?

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #12,460 of 33,689
Yes, and they were $136 in HiFiChris's review, in September 2015. That's quite a price hike.

Still a great IEM for $200, and one I use rather regularly. Re-thinking the situation, I have the feeling that the $136 were an early pre-order/sale price since there was not a single impression of/discussion about the MR3 on the whole internet (even in various Chinese communities) before I took the risk and bought it. Maybe a month or two later when I looked again, the price was $160 or $170, so I guess the $136 were an early pre-order or sale price.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #12,461 of 33,689
UiiSii CM5
e-mi ci880
ADAX ht06
LKer i8
Tin Audio T2
Ch9T

Moni One should be on that list as well. From reading the descriptions given on here I'm surprised you're including the CM5, I thought most people said it was quite bassy that's why I haven't ordered it.

Oct 22, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #12,463 of 33,689
Moni One should be on that list as well. From reading the descriptions given on here I'm surprised you're including the CM5, I thought most people said it was quite bassy that's why I haven't ordered it.

It does have impactful bass. However, it is also very detailed with its graphene driver. Please refer to my mini impressions below which I quoted.

Listened with CM5 on LG V20 Vol:30/75 (Spotify):

Linkin Park - Numb
Papa Roach - Last Resort
Aerosmith - I don't want to miss a thing (Touchstone version)
The Doors - Riders on the storm

These are tracks I know.

I will use the Aerosmith piece which is orchestra-like since there are quite some instruments. The intro is beautiful with the snare drum and cello(i believe?). I also noticed a deep bass hump 1.49-2.00.

Details: I can hear drums, guitar on the left, piano and violins on the right. Cymbal clash on the left. Vocals are central and forward from the instruments. There are also some pretty central drums and guitar in the middle of the song. Closing to the end there is the triangle(tinging sound) on the left as well.

Btw, I am hearing this at work and CM5 does not have the isolation like KZ ZS3 so i might have missed out some sounds.

Apologies if I am wrong with some of the instrument names. Never could remember them.

- posted this in another thread, thought I should share here too for guys contemplating on getting the UiiSii CM5. I will try with my other stuff and update.

Please feel free to try it out as well and we can cross compare. I agree with Lurk650(i believe) that CM5 does sing well with Hip-hop.

Oct 22, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #12,464 of 33,689

That one is more or less just the rave people are giving it. I have a sister who needs a new pair of headphones. I just wanna see what the rave is about.

Oct 22, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #12,465 of 33,689

I agree, personally I'd take the Moni One over the K3 HD every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back