Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 18, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #10,741 of 33,689
I just love NocturnaL's sense of humour: :o2smile:

I wish they had a US retailer/distributor because their Pavo NX1 cable looks awesome and is affordable. Not too many black mmcx on the market. Guess I'll have to wait for VE to come back online

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #10,742 of 33,689
Don't let the graph scare you on these earphones. I didn't buy these for the longest time because I thought the graph made them look like they would be treble cannons, but my thoughts changed completely once I finally heard them. They are a VERY good cost/performance i.e.m.

You're referring to the B3S and not the B3, correct?

If you're talking about the B3S, can you give a little more description about them? Sound, etc. Also, how they compare to a few other IEMs.

Thanks!

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #10,743 of 33,689
Nothing like a $26 Chi-Fi DAP w/Album Art driving $213 Chi-Fi hybrid iem's:wink:

That Chi-Fi DAP looks nice! What model is it?

Navigation-wise, the button layout and menu design pretty much remind me of AGPTek's/Ruizu's older models - and some of them even measured well and had a good sound. Except for some software shortcomings, it's very nice to see how the DAP market has evolved.

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #10,744 of 33,689
I wish they had a US retailer/distributor because their Pavo NX1 cable looks awesome and is affordable. Not too many black mmcx on the market. Guess I'll have to wait for VE to come back online

Yes, they should definitely work on expanding their retailer/distributor network. I heard that even in Singapore, there aren't many stores/distributors that carry demo models and stock of their IEMs and cables.

Aug 19, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #10,745 of 33,689
Aug 19, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #10,746 of 33,689
That Chi-Fi DAP looks nice! What model is it?

Navigation-wise, the button layout and menu design pretty much remind me of AGPTek's/Ruizu's older models - and some of them even measured well and had a good sound. Except for some software shortcomings, it's very nice to see how the DAP market has evolved.

That is an excellent quetion Chris, I ordered it off AliEx and even the box it came had nothing other than X11 in it. I bought the Benjie T6 and K9 around the same time. When I get back online with my Laptop I'll send you my seller link.

Aug 19, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #10,748 of 33,689
@loomisjohnson 's thoughts on the ADAX HT06, KZ ZS3 (slater mod) and Tingo/Swing IE800 now uploaded on aproear.co.uk.

Every time I see one of those IE800 clones I really want to see someone compare them to the real deal. Not because I expect them to be on par, but because I'm curious just how wide the gap is.

Aug 19, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #10,751 of 33,689
Can someone explain to me what's worth the ie800? What's so special ? Thanks

TBH I have no idea. The ie800 is one of two headphones I've ever put on in my life and been genuinely confused as to how anyone enjoys them (the other being the Grado RS1). But apparently they're highly regarded, so what do I know.

Aug 19, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #10,752 of 33,689
There's actually a dedicated thread on it I think.

But end of the day, as with all things hi-fidelity audio, its really where you think your maximum spending is set at. Its a pricey IEM, but there are those which are like 2~3x its price and nothing seems to have a unanimous praise even at those sky high prices.

I think playing and experimenting with budget earphones is a whole lot more exploratory and in the process, its more fulfilling a journey in understanding our own wants and needs out of audio equipment.

Heck... the price of the IE800 is probably still more than all the different models that KZ has produced since DAY 1 combined !

Aug 19, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #10,753 of 33,689
There's actually a dedicated thread on it I think.

But end of the day, as with all things hi-fidelity audio, its really where you think your maximum spending is set at. Its a pricey IEM, but there are those which are like 2~3x its price and nothing seems to have a unanimous praise even at those sky high prices.

I think playing and experimenting with budget earphones is a whole lot more exploratory and in the process, its more fulfilling a journey in understanding our own wants and needs out of audio equipment.

Heck... the price of the IE800 is probably still more than all the different models that KZ has produced since DAY 1 combined !

Agreed. If you're able to, trying out a bunch of cheap stuff can tell you what general signature you like and will help you aim for expensive gear down the line.

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #10,754 of 33,689
TBH I have no idea. The ie800 is one of two headphones I've ever put on in my life and been genuinely confused as to how anyone enjoys them (the other being the Grado RS1). But apparently they're highly regarded, so what do I know.
They are Sennheiser flagship IEM so maybe people like them for that reason only I guess... I own them and while they are are certainly technically very capable I find their tonal balance quite terrible and do not really like them.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #10,755 of 33,689
They are Sennheiser flagship IEM so maybe people like them for that reason only I guess... I own them and while they are are certainly technically very capable I find their tonal balance quite terrible and do not really like them.
I've had IE800 before and they certainly are impressive, the details, resolution, how the sound is presented, it's all very good, but I agree that the balance is just...wrong, for me at least. They were enjoyable even with compromised relationship between lows-mids and then mids-highs, I am talking more about quantity of each rather than transition which is impressive as they are a single driver. Their days are numbered, Chi-fi is quickly approaching IE800 level of sound quality for much much less money plus you get so many models to have an option and ultimately get what you value most. I made a mistake and bough KZ ZS5, many qualities but same issue as IE800, wrong tonal balance and the music doesn't sound the way it's supposed to. I guess I am very strict when it comes to V and U shape and then neutral or mid focused, I tolerate it to some extent, but many IEMs go beyond it and it ends up sounding wrong compared to what music should sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back