Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 16, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #31,906 of 33,689
If you're a FPS player, the KBear KS2 might be a good option; it's relatively cheap, V shaped, and easily driven (KBear actually recommends no external amping) and has a wide soundstage. Most (including myself) find the upper frequency response on the bright side. But for a FPS game, this would help, in picking up someone that's tracking you.

Thanks for your response!
I read a review of that IEM and the reviewer says that the sound is similar (with a few differences) to the KZ ZSN that I already have. For me they sound great but I miss sounds like footsteps and better positioning (in FPS games, in other games they are good)

Sep 16, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #31,907 of 33,689
Thanks for your response!
I read a review of that IEM and the reviewer says that the sound is similar (with a few differences) to the KZ ZSN that I already have. For me they sound great but I miss sounds like footsteps and better positioning (in FPS games, in other games they are good)
You might want to check out the Final Audio E500.

Sep 18, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #31,908 of 33,689
Finally, my first review on a pair of wireless earphone. The CCA CX10

1600158800854.jpg1600158800882.jpg1600158800843.jpg1600158800849.jpg1600158674715.jpg1600158800789.jpg

About the CCA CX10
Currently, the CCA CX10 is the latest wireless earphone to hit the market by CCA (Clear Concept Audio), a sister company to KZ (Knowledge Zenith), which I’ll reveal some positive results that will eventually put CCA on a higher scale of an already congested competition of in-ear earphones. But, make no doubt, these are going to be one of the better one’s likely for its sonic presentation and ergonomic shiny resin appearance, which in my personal opinion should be an incredible deal for a wireless earphone versus other wireless earphones considered. So, let’s do a complete breakdown on what you get with the CX10!

First off, I want to thank Mr. Wu from CCA for sending the CCA CX10 in return for an honest review. My views on the sound signature may be different or beneficial to some, so please compare my review with others before making your own personal decision whether if this product is right for you, or not. Right now, the cost starts as low as $59 US dollars, though price may vary elsewhere due to store purchased, the country delivered, coupon offers, or shipment cost.

1600158800801.jpg1600158800878(3).jpg1600158800882.jpg

As many in head-fi may know by now, CCA is becoming "common ground" for competitive in-ear earphones at a fraction of the cost, especially for their nicely balanced, low costing and well-made budget earphones that can compete with costlier branded ones. They have launched several in-ear earphones since then, and now their CX10 wireless model that sports an incredible 10 driver unit consisting of two BA for highs, two BA’s for MID’s, plus one double magnetic dynamic driver per side punching above and beyond many dynamic units bringing a type of sonic-like approach to the whole signature that you must hear to believe.

SOUND SIGNATURE:
They have a balanced sonic signature that drives well with any wireless driven unit. You get that perfect bass punch and evenly sought-out clean and clear midrange with brilliant treble and overall nice texture and details that is nothing less of amazing!

1600158800874.jpg1600158800860.jpg1600158800864.jpg

PACKAGE:
Other than the package being a white thick box (which is a nice touch), the accessories it comes with are different to the detachable wired one’s CCA usually sells. They carry a different package deal, which includes a pair of in-ear hard, but smooth resin housing wireless earphones, charging storage case, extra-large, medium, and small silicone ear tips, and a manual and warranty card all in one small square packaged box. They come a long way since the launch of the C04.

NOTICEABLE CHANGES:
After burning-in the CX10 for several weeks, they sounded a little pitchy at times according to the song or genre, but now is gone! This surely places them in a higher playing field where maturity plays a role and CCA can finally play where the big boys play, which is in a higher listening experience of higher-end technicality and clarity. Of course, this all comes after burning them in for at least 100 hours to make sure no other changes would occur during the process. Comfort was a big plus as well after incorporating all those drivers into a compact housing. Well done, CCA! So, besides having such a unique sonic balanced sound signature, they have good form and ergonomic shape and can be worn for hours at a time.

1600158800830.jpg1600158800837.jpg

SOUND:
BASS:

The bass expresses a sonic-like signature that can extend very low with excellent texture, richness, and punchiness with plenty of sub-sonic coherent details that’s not easy to accomplish with any in-ear wireless earphones, which is due to the 7MM double magnetic dynamic units in each side. But, somehow CCA has manage to accomplish this feat and I applaud them for it. So, rather hearing them as your typical IEM, they mimic the clear and punchy bass of much larger headphones to the point that it actually sounds like you’re listening to one, IMHO.

MIDRANGE:
Here, the same can be said with the midrange having a sense of realistic like vocals that benefits both males and females alike with good transparency and texture. The vocals are unique because it expresses realism in fulfilling the balance the bass and treble needs for the constant harmony the CX10 produces for one of the best sounding signature in this price range I’ve heard by far with wireless earphones today.

TREBLE:
If you’re looking for details, well you’re definitely in for a treat! Not only does the treble demonstrate precision, it does a good job controlling a non-harsh and sibilant-free environment while maintaining good transparency and detail. Just make sure to burn them in for at least 100 hours for the armatures to smooth-out, which in the end provides excellent and satisfying clarity. One surprising factor is the micro-details it produces in the very hi-end register giving you full access of the whole higher pitch range and openness that only well-known brands can offer for their higher price. You get a metallic-free sounding environment, which is another accomplishment achieved by CCA and shows the maturity from such a young company.

SOUNDSTAGE:
The CX10’s soundstage can only be heard to understand the sonic perplexity it displays in the whole staging process. Coupled with the incredibly nice balance, it really does play a vital role on the sonic-like achievement within the whole spectrum. Frontal and depth staging is superb, while imaging, instrument separation is followed by an excellent overall wide soundstage. The CX10 can only be explained as unique and epic in every way possible for such a low price range when compared to more expensive branded wireless models.

1600158800823.jpg

OTHER FEATURES:
Excellent Bluetooth 5.0 transmission and speed, AAC coding, compatible with Android and IOS devices, double magnetic and low extended drivers for greater power and faster bass response, 3 hour main charging case, and 30 plus hours of playtime, Stand-by: 120 days on the charging case, plus smart touch operation and game feature mode.

PROS:
Excellent technicality on all areas of the balanced sound with a superb sonic-like listening experience, better than average frontal and depth, imaging, and wide soundstage, great build quality, both wireless earphones can be used as a pair or individually.

CONS:
My older Bluetooth phones didn't work so well after pairing with the CX10. But, it could be several factors like a slower CPU, less memory for buffering, older BT protocols, less advanced BT hardware, or a combination of those and other things.

FINAL COMMENT:
I can say that I am a little old fashion in the sense that I like my earphones connected by wires to my smart phone or any of my audio units. But, as wireless earphones go, I can always vouch for a good pair. So, I can surely say that the CX10 are a “no-brainer” keeper set of wireless earphones, IMHO.

OFFICIAL ALIEXPRESS GLOBAL STORE:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000115512112.html?

Hope this helps anyone in their personal choice of whether the CX10 is right for you!

-Clear

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #31,909 of 33,689
CONS:
Older Bluetooth smart phones or less than 32GB smart phones might have a problem with the fast-paced signal the CX10 needs in order for it to operate smoothly.
By that logic, a ZX300A will face problems and may not operate smoothly?

Sep 18, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #31,910 of 33,689

1600158800854.jpg1600158800882.jpg1600158800843.jpg1600158800849.jpg1600158674715.jpg1600158800789.jpg

About the CCA CX10
Currently, the CCA CX10 is the latest wireless earphone to hit the market by CCA (Clear Concept Audio), a sister company to KZ (Knowledge Zenith), which I’ll reveal some positive results that will eventually put CCA on a higher scale of an already congested competition of in-ear earphones. But, make no doubt, these are going to be one of the better one’s likely for its sonic presentation and ergonomic shiny resin appearance, which in my personal opinion should be an incredible deal for a wireless earphone versus other wireless earphones considered. So, let’s do a complete breakdown on what you get with the CX10!

First off, I want to thank Mr. Wu from CCA for sending the CCA CX10 in return for an honest review. My views on the sound signature may be different or beneficial to some, so please compare my review with others before making your own personal decision whether if this product is right for you, or not. Right now, the cost starts as low as $59 US dollars, though price may vary elsewhere due to store purchased, the country delivered, coupon offers, or shipment cost.

As many in head-fi may know by now, CCA is becoming "common ground" for competitive in-ear earphones at a fraction of the cost, especially for their nicely balanced, low costing and well-made budget earphones that can compete with costlier branded ones. They have launched several in-ear earphones since then, and now their CX10 wireless model that sports an incredible 10 driver unit consisting of two BA for highs, two BA’s for MID’s, plus one double magnetic dynamic driver per side punching above and beyond many dynamic units bringing a type of sonic-like approach to the whole signature that you must hear to believe.

SOUND SIGNATURE:
They have a balanced sonic signature that drives well with any wireless driven unit. You get that perfect bass punch and evenly sought-out clean and clear midrange with brilliant treble and overall nice texture and details that is nothing less of amazing!

PACKAGE:
Other than the package being a white thick box (which is a nice touch), the accessories it comes with are different to the detachable wired one’s CCA usually sells. They carry a different package deal, which includes a pair of in-ear hard, but smooth resin housing wireless earphones, charging storage case, extra-large, medium, and small silicone ear tips, and a manual and warranty card all in one small square packaged box. They come a long way since the launch of the C04.

NOTICEABLE CHANGES:
After burning-in the CX10 for several weeks, they sounded a little pitchy at times according to the song or genre, but now is gone! This surely places them in a higher playing field where maturity plays a role and CCA can finally play where the big boys play, which is in a higher listening experience of higher-end technicality and clarity. Of course, this all comes after burning them in for at least 100 hours to make sure no other changes would occur during the process. Comfort was a big plus as well after incorporating all those drivers into a compact housing. Well done, CCA! So, besides having such a unique sonic balanced sound signature, they have good form and ergonomic shape and can be worn for hours at a time.

SOUND:
BASS:

The bass expresses a sonic-like signature that can extend very low with excellent texture, richness, and punchiness with plenty of sub-sonic coherent details that’s not easy to accomplish with any in-ear wireless earphones, which is due to the 7MM double magnetic dynamic units in each side. But, somehow CCA has manage to accomplish this feat and I applaud them for it. So, rather hearing them as your typical IEM, they mimic the clear and punchy bass of much larger headphones to the point that it actually sounds like you’re listening to one, IMHO.

MIDRANGE:
Here, the same can be said with the midrange having a sense of realistic like vocals that benefits both males and females alike with good transparency and texture. The vocals are unique because it expresses realism in fulfilling the balance the bass and treble needs for the constant harmony the CX10 produces for one of the best sounding signature in this price range I’ve heard by far with wireless earphones today.

TREBLE:
If you’re looking for details, well you’re definitely in for a treat! Not only does the treble demonstrate precision, it does a good job controlling a non-harsh and sibilant-free environment while maintaining good transparency and detail. Just make sure to burn them in for at least 100 hours for the armatures to smooth-out, which in the end provides excellent and satisfying clarity. One surprising factor is the micro-details it produces in the very hi-end register giving you full access of the whole higher pitch range and openness that only well-known brands can offer for their higher price. You get a metallic-free sounding environment, which is another accomplishment achieved by CCA and shows the maturity from such a young company.

SOUNDSTAGE:
The CX10’s soundstage can only be heard to understand the sonic perplexity it displays in the whole staging process. Coupled with the incredibly nice balance, it really does play a vital role on the sonic-like achievement within the whole spectrum. Frontal and depth staging is superb, while imaging, instrument separation is followed by an excellent overall wide soundstage. The CX10 can only be explained as unique and epic in every way possible for such a low price range when compared to more expensive branded wireless models.

1600158800823.jpg

OTHER FEATURES:
Excellent Bluetooth 5.0 transmission and speed, AAC lossless coding, compatible with Android and IOS devices, double magnetic and low extended drivers for greater power and faster bass response, plus smart touch operation and game feature mode.

PROS:
Excellent technicality on all areas of the balanced sound with a superb sonic-like listening experience, better than average frontal and depth, imaging, and wide soundstage, great build quality, both wireless earphones can be used as a pair or individually.

CONS:
Older Bluetooth smart phones or less than 32GB smart phones might have a problem with the fast-paced signal the CX10 needs in order for it to operate smoothly.

FINAL COMMENT:
I can say that I am a little old fashion in the sense that I like my earphones connected by wires to my smart phone or any of my audio units. But, as wireless earphones go, I can always vouch for a good pair. So, I can surely say that the CX10 are a “no-brainer” keeper set of wireless earphones, IMHO.

Hope this helps anyone in their personal choice of whether the CX10 is right for you!

-Clear

Nice review, how's the battery life on a single charge and via the charging case? Does it support aptX and LDAC?

Sep 18, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #31,911 of 33,689
CONS:
Is this a real thing and why would it affect this IEM in particular?

Sep 18, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #31,912 of 33,689
Is this a real thing and why would it affect this IEM in particular?
After many hours trying it with my older phones, my suggestion is not to load too many Apps and keep up with the phones "system cleaner" for the CX10 to work properly. With my newer phone or newer phones with 64GB or higher, it worked flawlessly. I guess newer technology as well, IMHO.

Sep 18, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #31,913 of 33,689
Nice review, how's the battery life on a single charge and via the charging case? Does it support aptX and LDAC?
More or less 3 hours to charge the main charging case, and 30 plus hours of playtime or according to the output volume or how much time of use. Stand-by: 120 days on the charging case. So far, I see that it supports AAC.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #31,914 of 33,689

About the CCA CX10

SOUND SIGNATURE:

PACKAGE:

NOTICEABLE CHANGES:

SOUND:
BASS:

MIDRANGE:

TREBLE:

SOUNDSTAGE:

1600158800823.jpg

OTHER FEATURES:
Excellent Bluetooth 5.0 transmission and speed, AAC lossless coding, compatible with Android and IOS devices, double magnetic and low extended drivers for greater power and faster bass response, plus smart touch operation and game feature mode.

PROS:

CONS:
Older Bluetooth smart phones with less speed or less than 32GB smart phones might have a problem with the fast-paced signal the CX10 needs in order for it to operate at a smoother pace. My suggestion is not to load too many Apps and keep up with the phones system cleaner for the CX10 to work properly.

FINAL COMMENT:

-Clear

One comment about the BT description - AAC is a lossy, not lossless, codec that has a 250kbps cap on the data rate. The aptX and LDAC codecs should provide better audio performance.
Quote from https://www.soundguys.com/understanding-bluetooth-codecs-15352/amp/ -
AAC is the audio standard for lossy digital audio compression. It also happens to be the license-free standard for YouTube, Sony’s PlayStation 3, and is preferred by Apple. If you have an Android phone, you won’t really benefit from AAC as its performance is unreliable: it’s a power-hungry codec that Android remains unprepared to handle efficiently. iPhone users do benefit from its higher-resolution playback though. It has a transfer rate cap of 250kbps, creating a file similar to that of a mid-quality MP3.

Sep 18, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #31,915 of 33,689
Last edited:
Sep 18, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #31,916 of 33,689
After many hours trying it with my older phones, my suggestion is not to load too many Apps and keep up with the phones "system cleaner" for the CX10 to work properly. With my newer phone or newer phones with 64GB or higher, it worked flawlessly. I guess newer technology as well, IMHO.
I don't doubt that you had a better experience with a newer phone, but storage quantity doesn't have anything to with it.

Sep 18, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #31,917 of 33,689
I don't doubt that you had a better experience with a newer phone, but storage quantity doesn't have anything to with it.
A congested or cluttered older phone of less GB's can be an issue when there's apps taking much more space for the wireless earphone to sound smoothly and react faster. According to my experience, it slowed down many fast or busy songs I played. By freeing up space on my older phones helped a lot. Todays newer phones have more space to spare and technically has a faster speed processor compared to older phones.

Sep 18, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #31,920 of 33,689
I still don't get why would they change their original logo + LZ-A7 to "LZ HIFI AUDIO" with a weird font...
Congrats, I'll be waiting for your impressions and comparisons.

Yeah, I agree. I personally think the prototype looks better. That being said it doesn't bother me much as I don't see it when I'm listening to them :wink:
20200918_194228.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back