Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 12, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #31,621 of 33,689
I just received mine yesterday and I have to agree! These are special in that there are not many compromises for the price. They just do almost everything very well.

I'm finding that I'm enjoying them more than the Legacy 3 for their instrument separation and imaging. Also, the bass is quicker, more tight, and just as deep as the N3's.

Build quality and accessories are also fantastic for the price.

Aug 12, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #31,622 of 33,689
Eventually, I would love to see a comparison between the Legacy 3, the FH3, the ISN H40, and the FH5.

Aug 12, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #31,624 of 33,689
I'm happy that I hold my purchases and I didn't gamble with Urbanfun, the FH3 looks like what I was looking for as a "fun" set and a good upgrade from Blon. Btw, it seems the FH3's bass has the tuning of the big dogs...

graph.jpg

I've overlayed the BGGAR's graph on PS. Sure, past 1k things are different but the bass looks so well done.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #31,627 of 33,689
I'm happy that I hold my purchases and I didn't gamble with Urbanfun, the FH3 looks like what I was looking for as a "fun" set and a good upgrade from Blon. Btw, it seems the FH3's bass has the tuning of the big dogs...

graph.jpg
I've overlayed the BGGAR's graph on PS. Sure, past 1k things are different but the bass looks so well done.
I was afraid of that peak at 2,5k (?) before I got it. Turns out I was worried for nothing lol.

Aug 13, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #31,628 of 33,689
I was afraid of that peak at 2,5k (?) before I got it. Turns out I was worried for nothing lol.

because its + less than 10db pinna gain from 1khz. That is very important. My ideal pinna gain is around that 8db. Thats why the H40 also sounded very nice and not shouty at all

Aug 13, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #31,629 of 33,689
because its + less than 10db pinna gain from 1khz. That is very important. My ideal pinna gain is around that 8db. Thats why the H40 also sounded very nice and not shouty at all
Although I guess comparing BGGAR´s graph to Crinacle´s isnt a smart thing to do since they have different measuring factors... :joy:

Aug 13, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #31,630 of 33,689
Although I guess comparing BGGAR´s graph to Crinacle´s isnt a smart thing to do since they have different measuring factors... :joy:

Yeah but still if we can read the y axis (db increment) we can see how loud the pinna gain is.
See all TOTL tuningm their pinna gain mostly not over 10db on high mids while budget level chifi mostly strike more than 10db pinna gain, either 12db some IEM going wild +15db

My ideal preferences is +8db pinna gain

Aug 13, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #31,631 of 33,689

Unfortunately, you can’t directly compare graphs from different sources.

Aug 13, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #31,632 of 33,689
Oh dear, I just got the FD1, looks like I got to buy the FH3 as well :ksc75smile:
Can someone compare the FH3 with FD1?
Fiio vs Fiio.jpg

Very quick summary:
(24 hrs. on both)
Spotify Premium --> Note 4 --> Radsone ES100 --> SE cable

Sub bass, within a hair of one another. The ever so slight nuance could be attributed to either acceptable production tolerances with the DDs or the FH3 may need more time in the oven. As the crossover would limit the amount of signal being sent to the DD, in the FH3

Vocals, FH3 is the clear winner (as expected). Clearer and more presence. Enough to notice, but if you already have either the FD1/EA1, the upgrade would have to factor in the cost vs. benefit.

Mids are clear on both sets, but due to the BAs (on the FH3), the nod goes to the FH3

Treble, unable to properly test. As my right ear decided to be a Primadonna today and be overly sensitive.

The FH3 definitely needs added power. Plugged directly into my phone, the overall playback was thin/distant. No bueno

Aug 13, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #31,633 of 33,689
Fiio vs Fiio.jpg

Very quick summary:
(24 hrs. on both)

Sub bass, within a hair of one another. The ever so slight nuance could be attributed to either acceptable production tolerances with the DDs or the FH3 may need more time in the oven. As the crossover would limit the amount of signal being sent to the DD, in the FH3

Vocals, FH3 is the clear winner (as expected). Clearer and more presence. Enough to notice, but if you already have either the FD1/EA1, the upgrade would have to factor in the cost vs. benefit.

Mids are clear on both sets, but due to the BAs (on the FH3), the nod goes to the FH3

Treble, unable to properly test. As my right ear decided to be a Primadonna today and be overly sensitive.

The FH3 definitely needs added power. Plugged directly into my phone, the overall playback was thin/distant. No bueno

can I add one?

looks, FH3 like a premium jewelry, EA1 like a toy sitting beside it.

Aug 13, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #31,634 of 33,689
Fiio vs Fiio.jpg

Very quick summary:
(24 hrs. on both)

Out of curiosity, have you compared both EQd or stock? and which codec on ES100?

Aug 13, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #31,635 of 33,689
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back