Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 24, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #31,412 of 33,689
Jul 24, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #31,413 of 33,689
What $169 IEM stands out?

Would be interested if anybody can compare the TRI I3 to BQEYZ Spring 2, both are about $169 USD pre sales usually.

Jul 24, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #31,414 of 33,689
Would be interested if anybody can compare the TRI I3 to BQEYZ Spring 2, both are about $169 USD pre sales usually.
@DynamicEars should have them sooner or later, so I guess he can compare them then.

Jul 24, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #31,415 of 33,689
What $169 IEM stands out?

People seem to go gaga over the Tri I3.

Each one is custom made to order, and you have to wait a week for your particular unit to be made before it ships out. Pretty cool actually

Jul 24, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #31,416 of 33,689

Each one is custom made to order, and you have to wait a week for your particular unit to be made before it ships out. Pretty cool actually
QC should be better than most iems because of that right?

Jul 24, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #31,417 of 33,689

Actually I don't think the TRI I3s are custom made. More that they have low stocks. According to the Aliexpress seller I bought it from, they said the TRI I3 is selling very well in Japan and Korea so the stocks are sold out fast for the suppliers in China. They told me to wait 1 week for a new batch to be made before they could ship out my order.

TRI I3 is pretty unique in having a planar + BA + DD config, but they somehow managed to mesh the tonality very well, very coherent other than an occasional 3 kHz spike. Soundstage is also very good for the price in depth, height and width. If there's something I can find fault with, I think it lacks a bit in sparkle for the higher treble, but I'm not complaining cause I'm treble sensitive, but trebleheads will probably find it verging on the darker side for the higher treble. And due to the planar mids, it does scale much better with amping. Sounds pretty meh from just my smartphone without a dongle/amp.

QC should be better than most iems because of that right?

The earlier batches of TRI I3s had some not so sturdy MMCX connectors. Though I heard it has been fixed. I don't dare to cable roll on it as such, I'm just leaving one cable on my TRI I3 permanently. But then again, I'm not really a fan of MMCX connectors in general compared to 2 pin connectors in terms of longevity.

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #31,419 of 33,689
@DynamicEars should have them sooner or later, so I guess he can compare them then.

My Spring 2 is in my country already, probably next week hit into customs and 2 weeks from now i guess i can get them. I should reverse my i3 to default state with original grill to compare later. But seeing the Spring 2 graph that merely the same bass FR with Spring 1, i guess my comments on bass section will be roughly the same (too much 80-100khz focused), but let me hear them first, i have high hope on their detailed mids but i3 is hard opponent.
Meanwhile im in heaven with H40-mod, a complete package you can get with high value, definitely a direct upgrade to BL-03, similar tonality and tuning (pinna gain is on 3khz with H40, but on around 8 db increment from 1khz) but better in almost every aspects. So far the longest stretch i can get with the mod from original state.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #31,420 of 33,689
Meanwhile im in heaven with H40-mod, a complete package you can get with high value, definitely a direct upgrade to BL-03, similar tonality and tuning (pinna gain is on 3khz with H40, but on around 8 db increment from 1khz) but better in almost every aspects.

Any tonality weirdness?

How natural do cymbals sound? How about the decay on cymbals?

Do you happen to have the No 3 to compare?

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #31,421 of 33,689
IT00HANANA2.jpg

IT00: Musical, very clean hitting BASS, Good center imaging, minor driver-flex. Lower mids little thick and hazy.
NA2: Exciting, Analytical and slightly Edge sound. good resolution. Highs are little peaky. QDC connector is meh.
HANA(modded): Brighter and slightly more neutral sounding than above two. Wide soundstage with good resolution. Stock tuning is little shouty.

They are all nicely tuned and have agreeable timbre.

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #31,422 of 33,689
IT00HANANA2.jpg
IT00: Musical, very clean hitting BASS, Good center imaging, minor driver-flex. Lower mids little thick and hazy.
NA2: Exciting, Analytical and slightly Edge sound. good resolution. Highs are little peaky. QDC connector is meh.
HANA(modded): Brighter and slightly more neutral sounding than above two. Wide soundstage with good resolution. Stock tuning is little shouty.

How does the IT00 bass compare to the Hana? That is probably the best thing about the Hana, the tight, fast and textured bass (although I would like more quantity).

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #31,423 of 33,689

Thank you. Now you‘re just waiting on the NM2 to compare I guess.

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #31,424 of 33,689
How does the IT00 bass compare to the Hana? That is probably the best thing about the Hana, the tight, fast and textured bass (although I would like more quantity).

Shockingly close in terms of quality and more quantity than HANA. IT00’s bass is probably best I’ve ever heard under $300. I don’t have the Penon Orb anymore but by memory, IT00 feels faster with tighter slam and cleaner subbass rumble.

Impressive Bass for sure. It will satisfy almost everyone I am sure.

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #31,425 of 33,689
Shockingly close in terms of quality and more quantity than HANA. IT00’s bass is probably best I’ve ever heard under $300. I don’t have the Penon Orb anymore but by memory, IT00 feels faster with tighter slam and cleaner subbass rumble.

Impressive Bass for sure. It will satisfy almost everyone I am sure.
... Oh damn. You haven't heard the urbanfun right? But it does make me very curious on it now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back