Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 11, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #28,246 of 33,689
These look like they would make a good earphone case...
H190fcf545bfa47129f72ac3d4db0f368R.jpg

H9da85fdb8ecf44bf8472860348c4bebdN.jpg

A bit roomy at 7 inches. Just search sunglass or eyeglass case on Ali and you'll find some interesting stuff.

Do you have an exact search criteria or store for this case. Been looking all day and it's not come up.

Reason I ask, I want to double check the exact measurements indicated on the first image. It maybe suitable as a case for my Fiio M11 and iem.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #28,247 of 33,689
Nov 11, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #28,249 of 33,689
Have avoided the Ali 11/11 like the plague. A bit like a boy in a sweet shop...I'll make myself sick. Thought I avoided it but Linsoul got me (bastards) with the Sem SKC-CNT1 for $39.99. I've just constantly been using the Blon 03 because it's so unveiled and rhythmic. What have I let myself in for with the Semkarch? How do they compare with the Blon 03 and the TFZ No 3? I know very little about them.

Nov 11, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #28,250 of 33,689
@Mybutthurts Yep, saw on another site: Size: Approx 15.5*5.4*4cm / 6.1*2.1*1.6 inch

The first site was Mymarch boutique store and they say theirs is 18cm long but I didn't post that one since the listing is a placeholder or whatever at $500.

Nov 11, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #28,251 of 33,689
Have avoided the Ali 11/11 like the plague. A bit like a boy in a sweet shop...I'll make myself sick. Thought I avoided it but Linsoul got me (bastards) with the Sem SKC-CNT1 for $39.99. I've just constantly been using the Blon 03 because it's so unveiled and rhythmic. What have I let myself in for with the Semkarch? How do they compare with the Blon 03 and the TFZ No 3? I know very little about them.

Don't have the No 3 to compare. I personally prefer the Blon but others the Semkarch. To me the Semkarch is a bit heavy in the bass but my big issue is trying to get a decent fit. I think the Semkarch is technically better than the 03 but not so cohesive and musical.
I don't think you'll be disappointed with it. Mine sounds good. It's probably my 5th favourite of all my IEMs, definitely top tier. If only I found it a tad more comfortable...

Nov 11, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #28,252 of 33,689
Mids are cleaner on the blon, and timbre is more natural. Instruments sound good here. Bass has tendency to get wobbly but is mostly OK. Not as forward and slower then CNT.

CNT has more bass quantity and it's really quality bass too. Treble is polite and smooth. Stage is pretty deep with a little height and good width. Electronics and bass heavy genres reign supreme here.

Both are good and serve different purposes.

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #28,254 of 33,689

1) Isolation
TFZ No.3 > Semkarch SKC CNT1 > BLON BL-03

2) Timbre + Tonality + Note weight
BLON BL-03 > Semkarch SKC CNT1 > TFZ No.3

3) Comfort/fit
All equally good fitting/comfortable IMHO (with aftermarket tips/cables for some of them). None causes any irritation or discomfort with long usage.

4) Clarity/instrument separation/details

5) Soundstage width
BLON BL-03 > TFZ No.3 = Semkarch SKC CNT1

6) Bass (quantity)
TFZ No.3 > Semkarch SKC CNT1 (black filter) > BLON BL-03

7) Sound signature
TFZ No. 3 - U shaped, most basshead of these single DD IEMs, with great subbass extension and quantity. Has elevated 2 - 3 kHz and 8 kHz frequencies, but has treble roll off at higher treble frequencies. Lower mids are recessed compared to higher mids.

Semkarch SKC CNT1 - V shaped, recessed mids. Has 2 tuning filter options, one for bassier sound, one for less bassier/more neutralish tuning. Lower mids more forward than higher mids. Also has higher treble roll off but better control of dynamic range than TFZ No. 3 with no obvious peaks/troughs. Non fatiguing. Subbass extension and quantity less than TFZ No. 3 with bass filters on.

BLON BL-03 - L shaped, harmanish

I personally would class the Semkarch SKC CNT1 as a slightly less refined TFZ No. 3. TFZ No. 3 is really just a marginal upgrade over the Semkarch.
Those 2 would do well with EDM/electronic music with more complex instrumentation/multiple riffs going on.
BLON BL-03 would fare better with lesser instrumentation and acoustic instruments and slower genres.

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #28,255 of 33,689
1) Isolation

2) Timbre + Tonality + Note weight
BLON BL-03 > Semkarch SKC CNT1 > TFZ No.3

3) Comfort/fit
All equally good fitting/comfortable IMHO (with aftermarket tips/cables for some of them). None causes any irritation or discomfort with long usage.

4) Clarity/instrument separation/details

5) Soundstage width
BLON BL-03 > TFZ No.3 = Semkarch SKC CNT1

6) Bass (quantity)
TFZ No.3 > Semkarch SKC CNT1 (black filter) > BLON BL-03

7) Sound signature
TFZ No. 3 - U shaped, most basshead of these single DD IEMs, with great subbass extension and quantity. Has elevated 2 - 3 kHz and 8 kHz frequencies, but has treble roll off at higher treble frequencies. Lower mids are recessed compared to higher mids.

Semkarch SKC CNT1 - V shaped, recessed mids. Has 2 tuning filter options, one for bassier sound, one for less bassier/more neutralish tuning. Lower mids more forward than higher mids. Also has higher treble roll off but better control of dynamic range than TFZ No. 3 with no obvious peaks/troughs. Non fatiguing. Subbass extension and quantity less than TFZ No. 3 with bass filters on.

BLON BL-03 - L shaped, harmanish

I personally would class the Semkarch SKC CNT1 as a slightly less refined TFZ No. 3. TFZ No. 3 is really just a marginal upgrade over the Semkarch.
Those 2 would do well with EDM/electronic music with more complex instrumentation/multiple riffs going on.
BLON BL-03 would fare better with lesser instrumentation and acoustic instruments and slower genres.

Thanks for that. I'm glad I ordered them at the fair price. I tried hard to avoid 11/11 but Linsoul got me. This hobby of ours is a branch of OCD I'm sure.

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #28,256 of 33,689
Thanks for that. I'm glad I ordered them at the fair price. I tried hard to avoid 11/11 but Linsoul got me. This hobby of ours is a branch of OCD I'm sure.

Yeah that linsoul price and the previous firesale pricing of the Semkarch on AE is a great deal.
It was originally retailing at $95 USD, and at that price, there's better options out there like the No. 3.

Semkarch though, has no obvious harsh peaks unlike the No. 3, so it is more non fatiguing for long usage. Plus it has tuning filters, and I read somewhere that the LZ A6 filters can fit it too.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #28,257 of 33,689
Yeah, my **** Pro has arrived in my country, the US, so that means I should be getting it in 4 to 5 days, based on previous experience.

It will definitely be interesting to hear what changes they've made to the sound, even though I already love the sound of the regular model. Additional BA driver could give it a little more detail and separation if utilized well. And of course this new configuration gives them the opportunity to re-tune it. Any improvements to the technical performance or naturalness of timbre would be nice. I guess we'll find out in a few days.

Do you really think the look of it is bad though? I think it's an improvement over the original. I ordered the blue one and I like the look of it. I also like the fact that both the **** and **** Pro are worn cable down. I tend to use these as my daily beaters and I find the ****'s design is comfortable and easy to put into and take out of my ears many times a day.

It doesn't look bad just very dull IMO. But newer pictures on other stores suggests it has glossy finish so I might be wrong as well. Timbre is something that I want them to improve but I don't expect them to. The extra BA will turn this into a details monster, that's what my hunch is.

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #28,258 of 33,689
Nov 11, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #28,259 of 33,689
is there a hype train with the **** Pro? havent noticed it

not yet but I foresee they are coming though

i saw a graph of the new **** Pro, it has huge 10khz peak, very sharp and large peak
the graph is like roller coaster, very similar looking to the synthetic sounding NX7
10db depressions and peaks, the 10khz peak is like 20db my god

bass will be better than previous one with more sub bass than mid bass, no mid bass bleed, actually a sharp peak only in very little certain frequency is just to boost up a little while not complicated rather than smooth boost but affecting large scale area that will be sounded crowded or busy, but yeah im skeptical about that 10khz, first because of the overboost quantity, second is for boosting 10khz instead of 8khz which can affect the timbre and sounded tizzy. Well, my money is already become that thing, so just let wait and see later.

here is the graph of the **** Pro, the scale is 10db per line

thanks for the graph

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #28,260 of 33,689
Have avoided the Ali 11/11 like the plague. Thought I avoided it but Linsoul got me (bastards) with the Sem SKC-CNT1 for $39.99. What have I let myself in for with the Semkarch?
Disappointment. It needs new ear tips and cable. I still don't know which ones work well with it. The stock eartips pop off like fake nipples on fake boobs.

These headphones aren't worthy of travel in its stock form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back