Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 23, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #19,066 of 33,689
Yep , he ranked them 2nd only after the DM6 in his list. Surprised that Anew U1 made it to top 1 also.

But for me, my budget is around 100 usd which is why I am only looking at TenHZ p4 pro, DMG and the IT01.
I've had the it01s and would say the os v3 is better at everything. The it01s mids are even more recessed but it generally has really good detail. Also the price difference between the os v3 and dmgs are very minimal so maybe you could consider them. Also if your after the tenhz p4 then you could also consider the audbos p4 which sounds better to demo-to's ears at a much lower cost on Ali.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #19,067 of 33,689
I've had the it01s and would say the os v3 is better at everything. The it01s mids are even more recessed but it generally has really good detail. Also the price difference between the os v3 and dmgs are very minimal so maybe you could consider them. Also if your after the tenhz p4 then you could also consider the audbos p4 which sounds better to demo-to's ears at a much lower cost on Ali.

os v3 is around 150 usd while the p4 pro, dmg and it01, i manage to find at 100 usd exactly after conversion.

Oct 23, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #19,069 of 33,689
They seem to be a reputable agent for Taobao stuff, considering my local Chinese friend recommended it to me so I trust him. Anyway, I still think the Toneking will be more better sounding. The planar IEM I got from Taobao is DIY so no idea if this will sound better or same as Toneking... I'll know it all and will make a impressions and review when I received it all.
It certainly looks like that same 14mm planar driver is being used in that DIY, the **** mt100 and the toneking BL1. Can't wait to hear what you think of the toneking. The DIY enclosure looks a lot like the mt100 on the ear facing side but totally different on the back.

I'm still torn between the **** and toneking...

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #19,070 of 33,689
MT100 Update

Switched from my InAirs foam tips to Comply T200 in size L, so one size larger (I need regularly M and tried these earlier but was not satisfied) but with the supersoft Complys it's not an issue.
That was the key to tame completely away any upcoming harshness. Still mids and details are very present. But with the InAirs the MT100 sounds slightly airier and crisper.
Maybe I gonna switch between the InAirs and Complys with the gengres I listen to.

Seems there is indeed a burn in effect with the 14mm membrane. Bass became very satisfying in the meantime whereas I found it slightly too recessed ootb (compared with InAirs ootb and now). Resulting in lusher and musical presentation with more body now.

Again the bass. This can reach quite deep with just the right quantity when the song asks for it. (E.g. Seven nation army by The White Stripes to what I am listen to atm)

Curious what brings more runtime with these nice units. Hopefully not more bass quantity.

At the moment I am very pleased with my purchase AND this is said by considering the price which is not a cheap one.

Edit: Enjoying these and forgetting the time. Damn, the buzzer rings in less than 6 hours. Don't want stop listening.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #19,072 of 33,689
It certainly looks like that same 14mm planar driver is being used in that DIY, the **** mt100 and the toneking BL1. Can't wait to hear what you think of the toneking. The DIY enclosure looks a lot like the mt100 on the ear facing side but totally different on the back.

I'm still torn between the **** and toneking...
The **** MT100 seems nice as well, but the BA they've used is rather weird (RAB-33066) - I've been making DIY single balanced armature IEMs for my self using the RAB series and I can say that the upper treble is recessed, Image of my DIY IEM here: https://imgur.com/a/qEebCtW

I was hoping that they've used the FK series instead as its designed for high frequency purposes. Although a crossover is indeed will help (mainly a capacitor in series with the tweeter BA for high pass filter), the design of the BA itself will be the limit.
HTB1tHk6KkKWBuNjy1zjq6AOypXaA.jpg

Oct 23, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #19,073 of 33,689
The **** MT100 seems nice as well, but the BA they've used is rather weird (RAB-33066) - I've been making DIY single balanced armature IEMs for my self using the RAB series and I can say that the upper treble is recessed, Image of my DIY IEM here: https://imgur.com/a/qEebCtW

I was hoping that they've used the FK series instead as its designed for high frequency purposes. Although a crossover is indeed will help (mainly a capacitor in series with the tweeter BA for high pass filter), the design of the BA itself will be the limit.
HTB1tHk6KkKWBuNjy1zjq6AOypXaA.jpg
Hmmmm. Recessed upper treble might add a sense of air or spaciousness... Could that possibly be intentional? It does seem like a strange choice though. I wonder what the crossover point is....

I know the isine series has issues between 4-8k, so I wonder if the hybrids idea here was trying to work around that issue.

Oct 23, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #19,074 of 33,689
And it has arrived. Thanks Penon Audio for the nice IEM. Packaging wise, not so pretty. Very Chi-fi looking... Burn in now in force. ootb impressions, sound signature is warm neutral but with extended sub-bass and upper treble. I can definitely hear the bass and sub-bass on this one. However it's not elevated. Treble is extended and very airy, and not harsh. They are definitely open back but the noise isolation is a bit okay. I'll try the isolation on the train later after work if its tolerable.

EDIT1: I don't seem to hear elevation around 2khz to 4khz when running frequency sweeps.
EDIT2: They require lots of power. Driving them on a phone if fine, driving them with an amp is better.

IMG_4221.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #19,075 of 33,689
And it has arrived. Thanks Penon Audio for the nice IEM. Packaging wise, not so pretty. Very Chi-fi looking... Burn in now in force. ootb impressions, sound signature is warm neutral but with extended sub-bass and upper treble. I can definitely hear the bass and sub-bass on this one. However it's not elevated. Treble is extended and very airy, and not harsh. They are definitely open back but the noise isolation is a bit okay. I'll try the isolation on the train later after work if its tolerable.

EDIT: I don't seem to hear elevation around 2khz to 4khz when running frequency sweeps.

Definitely looking forward to hearing your impressions on this one. I may pick one up to compare to the ME1 and iSine.

Oct 24, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #19,076 of 33,689
os v3 is around 150 usd while the p4 pro, dmg and it01, i manage to find at 100 usd exactly after conversion.

Edit: also for the ones waiting for my dmg vs tehnz p4 pro early impressions

For a v-shape experience, both DMG or hifiboy are superior than it01. So, ibasso is out.

For around 100$, hifiboy is also out. But it's ok because HBB doesn't exactly say they are better than DMG'S. Actually he say that DMG'S have more information and detail in mids and highs. OSv3 has better Bass. So you are 110% good with DMG'S.

You have DMG'S and tenhz p4 pro/audbos p4 as options. Both very close to to 100$.

Impressions: I have DMG'S and tehnz. Tehnz are balanced, authoritative, energetic. Mid centric but with very good atack on bass. You won't miss it as it isn't rolled off. You can't eq sub bass tho. It is a driver limitation that made HBB take off the tehnz of the top 5, they made second place before that. When ABing dmg and p4 we can habe tue impression that p4 are more tiring because of the way that the voices and instruments go INTO your head. Everything is SO clear that sometimes it is weird. But they aren't really tiring actually. No peaks, fatigue free. But mid centric and heavy sound with a slightly warm focus.

Dmg's have better sub bass, recessed mids compared to p4. Less atack and energy in the low mids and slighly softer mid bass(dinamic driver...) making a more confortable experience. They stay in the middle of the road because the bass on DMG'S are actually soft, and the sub bass are only the needed and the emphasised mid bass are very controlled, no coloration in sound or leak to the mids. The DMG's are warm, but not bassy, the mids are thinner with emphasis in the high mids-treble transition compared to p4. That have very thick mids. The overall sound seem more rounded and easy to a V shaped used ear. The p4 feels heavier. Everything on DMG'S sounds somekind of thinner in comparison. But they aren't thin, do you get it ? The p4 can soud better sometimes, less musical other times, Don't know exactly. Transition from high mids to treble on p4 are perfect for me, as they aren't after any valley, no information is missed and treble is easy on the ear. Very energetic and natural, some people are finding the treble pronounced, not my case. On good recordings of course.

I think that the feeling or the aspect that makes me hesitate to say clealy that i found p4 as superior than DMG's is that they make clear that you are listening to a digital recording, like a hi fidelity sistem in your ear. The DMG's are more forgiving in that aspect and can sound easier to the listener. So it is toe to toe, the dynamics on DMG seems a little more natural FOR ME and UNTIL NOW in some way.

It is a matter of preference. You can't go wrong with both.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #19,077 of 33,689
Just got my BQEYZ KC2. Sounds like someone carefully listened to those pointing to TRN V80 agression at trebles and reverse engineered them. Slightly more gentle, slightly smoother, slightly wider and slightly shallower soundstage. The rest is the same by the best meaning of the word "same". Overall verdict: BQEYZ KC2 is slight though pleasant improvement of the gorgeous TRN V80. Well done!

Can anyone point to something from 100-150$ range in this manner?

Oct 24, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #19,079 of 33,689
I was planning to buy the BQEYZ KC2 which were on the 11.11 preorder sale for ~$27. (

Just read the review at the phonograph to the very end and then try their trick.

Oct 24, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #19,080 of 33,689
Some thoughts about WOW factor.

I was pretty skeptical towards IEMs and especially Chinese ones. Never even tried something better, than mass market things. TRN V80 was real WOW. I never expected 25-bucks IEMs to sound more or less as good as Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm and with way lower volume (77 out of 150 comparing to 111 out of 150).

BQEYZ KC2 - Hmm, good, I love it. No WOW.

Question:

If I buy something for 100-150 - is there the same WOW after what I have? Clarity, details, volume, soundstage, drive.

BGVP DMG, Kinera Idun, Whizzer HE03 for instance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back