Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 2, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #18,617 of 33,689
For those that like ZS3/ZS4 shells QKZ has released a new model using the same shell but with a single 10mm "graphene" DD:

https://shopee.com.my/QKZ-20VK3-20Dynamic-20Hifi-20Earphone-i.6548893.1537193523

5ae0ee41aeee04930bd6d17a898c89c2

42922872_1261948860613589_7061743605555134464_n.jpg

I couldn't find it on AE yet. But if its SQ is going to be something similar to BlitzWolf ES1... it'll be great.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #18,619 of 33,689
Oct 2, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #18,622 of 33,689
Spending some time rediscovering earbuds. Got the NiceHCK EBx and Eb2 and the Astrotec Lyra Classic on my desk at the moment. Man have earbuds come a long way since the early days.

Oct 2, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #18,623 of 33,689
Hey, for anyone interested, the official Tennmak store on Amazon has some great deals right now. A few of their IEMs have a 50% off coupon!!

For example, the Trio is $25 after coupon. So is the Crazy Cello (which is an awesome IEM). Not sure if there’s other models included in the 50% off sale, as all I was interested in was the Crazy Cellos.

The prices on the Trio and Crazy Cello are legit good deals though. On Aliexpress (and Amazon) they are normally $50-$60. So $25 on Amazon is a heck of a deal, especially because there’s no 4-6 week shipping wait from China.

No clue how many they have left, but if you have been on the fence about any Tennmak stuff, or waiting for a good deal, this would be it.

Also, another member shared an Amazon deal on the TRN v10 for $9.99. I know the reviews were mixed on the v10, but $10 is a great price if not strictly for the cable (which sells by itself for $5-$6ish). Buy them for the cable, or for donor shells, or correct the sibilant stock tuning by doing a foam mod to the BAs. Either way, $10 is a good deal.

To anyone who got the Crazy Cellos during the Amazon 50% off deal:

OOTB the are boom boom boom with boosted low end. If you want to make them sound much better (low end much more balanced with the rest of the bands) follow these simple steps:

1. Remove the stainless nozzle screens using a sharp pointy object such as a sewing needle or diabetic lancet. The nozzle screens are glued on, so they cannot be reused.
2. On the side of the nozzle, you will see a vent. Poke something through this vent hole. It has to be very small, as the hole is 0.5mm. I used a 0.5mm drill bit. Anyways, when you stick something through the vent hole, you will pop off a small round white filter (similar to micropore tape). You may have to use tweezers to pull the little round filter out of the nozzle.
3. Once the white filter is removed, install NEW stainless nozzle screens (4.2mm or 4.3mm). You can find them on Aliexpress for $0.05-$0.10).

With this simple mod, these are really good dynamic driver IEMs. I would rate them on par with the TinAudio T2, except with a touch more sub bass extension (something that the T2 is missing).

The CC is also way more comfortable than the T2. And I love the included wide bore tips, and wish I could buy a bag full of them!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #18,624 of 33,689
The os v3 sounds excatly like the it01s for me but with much better bass performance. The bass of the os v3 in general is a treat and is very engaging. Its from the best I have ever heard as it hits hard with fast attacks and with very satisfying rumble. For the treble, there's nothing special about it but its not dull and avoids sibilance,harshness and its generally done quite well. Now the mids just bring back memories again, it doesn't sound thin but edging towards it for me ( I'm used to thick mids so maybe others will find it good) and I prefer the it01s mids as it has more details. The queen's and ostry kc09s mids are much better for my tastes. Soundstage is good, there's more height then width for me and the layering, separation and details are also good.

Overall I think most people will absolutely loves these for the amazing bass and mature treble. Theres not many people who wants thick, detailed, natural mids like me either. The mids are not to my liking, it just doesn't sound full and realistic for my tastes and the it01s are really close to these but with worse bass and better mids.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #18,626 of 33,689
How can u compare the dm6 and shozy &neo
BG?
Sorry for the late response.
The Shozy & Neo BG is more musical than the DM6. The bass impact on the BG is stronger than the DM6. The midrange of the BG is more forward with intimate vocals. Treble presentation is smoother on the BG. Soundstage width is quite similar. Depth on the BG is more closed in.

upload_2018-10-3_12-15-52.png

Update: I just found a tip that sorted the midrange out quite a bit :p. It made it more forward and slightly fuller. Now the sound is really really engaging and I'm in absolute shock!!! Highly recommended!!!
Glad to see you enjoying it! The OS V3 is a solid iem IMO.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #18,627 of 33,689
Update: I just found a tip that sorted the midrange out quite a bit :p. It made it more forward and slightly fuller. Now the sound is really really engaging and I'm in absolute shock!!! Highly recommended!!!
Please do share your tip rolling experience. (with pictures) :p

Oct 3, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #18,629 of 33,689
The os v3 sounds excatly like the it01s for me but with much better bass performance. The bass of the os v3 in general is a treat and is very engaging. Its from the best I have ever heard as it hits hard with fast attacks and with very satisfying rumble. For the treble, there's nothing special about it but its not dull and avoids sibilance,harshness and its generally done quite well. Now the mids just bring back memories again, it doesn't sound thin but edging towards it for me ( I'm used to thick mids so maybe others will find it good) and I prefer the it01s mids as it has more details. The queen's and ostry kc09s mids are much better for my tastes. Soundstage is good, there's more height then width for me and the layering, separation and details are also good.

Overall I think most people will absolutely loves these for the amazing bass and mature treble. Theres not many people who wants thick, detailed, natural mids like me either. The mids are not to my liking, it just doesn't sound full and realistic for my tastes and the it01s are really close to these but with worse bass and better mids.

What sort of music do you listen to ?

Oct 3, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #18,630 of 33,689
The BQEYZ KC2 just in (these are not the BQEYZ K2, although they are probably the same with some cosmetic differences). Two things strike me sonically: extreme clarity and a good three-dimensionality (space and depth). The clarity works particularly well when listening at low volumes. And nothing obviously annoying such as pierces, sibilance..

Have you tried them balanced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back