Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 22, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #16,757 of 33,689
i'm gonna wait for lurk, peter and others to post impressions, but on the basis of their prior offerings these look like a helluva deal

I'm a bit worried about the fit and I've found the T4 for $150 and can't deny that I'm very tempted to get it instead.....

Jul 22, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #16,758 of 33,689
Jul 22, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #16,759 of 33,689
Jul 22, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #16,760 of 33,689
maybe we need a new thread - Worst Product / Value.

I could see where that could theoretically cause lots of controversy and arguments. If someone gets a bad QC, and trashes the product, it’s not really fair or fully representative. Now, if 75% of the people trash it, you know somethings amiss.

It would definitely be a funny place to read horror stories though. I enjoy reading 1-star Amazon reviews, because they are often full of comedy gold.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #16,761 of 33,689
So basically we expect the combo of Xduoo D3 and KZ LP3 to sound like:

A dying cat stuck in a hail storm recorded using a radio shack portable cassette deck with failing batteries on a cassette that was then left on the dashboard of a car in Phoenix for the summer.

that sound about right?

Jul 22, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #16,762 of 33,689
i'm gonna wait for lurk, peter and others to post impressions, but on the basis of their prior offerings these look like a helluva deal
@crabdog had a great, and well written review of the nine tail on headfi. It's well worth the read if you haven't already. I can +1 his review to a T. He has a much better way with words than me.

Jul 22, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #16,763 of 33,689
I'm a bit worried about the fit and I've found the T4 for $150 and can't deny that I'm very tempted to get it instead.....
I own both, and they're both great in their own way. The T4 fit like a semicustom and have a more "audiophile" tuning, and the nine tail are more consumer tuned fun. Both are great value, in my opinion. The T4 for 150.00 is an absolute STEAL.

Jul 22, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #16,764 of 33,689
I own both, and they're both great in their own way. The T4 fit like a semicustom and have a more "audiophile" tuning, and the nine tail are more consumer tuned fun. Both are great value, in my opinion. The T4 for 150.00 is an absolute STEAL.
If you don't mind, could you plz tell me how vocals sound on the ninetails? I'm looking for close and thick vocals. Nothing thin or recessed. It01 was really technical but the vocals were not that great imo.

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #16,765 of 33,689
The nine tail are tunable, and you can vary the mids from slightly recessed in relation to the bass and treble, to mid forward. The nine different tunings are very audible and not gimmicky. Please read @crabdog review on the nine tail here on headfi. If you have trouble finding it, just google Toneking nine tail review and the link will pop right up. He hits the nail on the head in his review.

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #16,766 of 33,689
The nine tail are tunable, and you can vary the mids from slightly recessed in relation to the bass and treble, to mid forward. The nine different tunings are very audible and not gimmicky. Please read @crabdog review on the nine tail here on headfi. If you have trouble finding it, just google Toneking nine tail review and the link will pop right up. He hits the nail on the head in his review.
Thanks alot for the help, I did read his amazing review, but just wanted more opinions as when I went on Ali express translated reviews, someone mentioned a lack of sub bass which is not good for me. I just want more opinions before pulling the trigger. If you don't mind, could you please tell me the accuracy of the midrange tone and how the general vocal thickness are? Do you also experience lack of sub bass? Your opinion would be much appreciated

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #16,767 of 33,689
Is anybody able to compare the midrange of the Nine Tail and the T2? I’m looking for another dynamic IEM to go along with the T2s :p

Jul 22, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #16,768 of 33,689
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/toneking-t4.23212/
Here is my first ever review guys and girls. I hope it can help someone out That's on the fence with the T4. I also would appreciate constructive criticism via PM, if you're a reviewer and could give me any pointers.

Jul 22, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #16,769 of 33,689
Thanks alot for the help, I did read his amazing review, but just wanted more opinions as when I went on Ali express translated reviews, someone mentioned a lack of sub bass which is not good for me. I just want more opinions before pulling the trigger. If you don't mind, could you please tell me the accuracy of the midrange tone and how the general vocal thickness are? Do you also experience lack of sub bass? Your opinion would be much appreciated
I really feel like the bass is one of the highlights with the nine tails. I believe that person must have had a poor seal if they found the subbass lacking. I find it digs deep and has great dynamic punch as well. The mids can be tuned somewhat forward on the nine tail, but have excellent natural tone and a musical richness. By that I mean that they aren't thin at all and have a natural, smooth lushness to their sound. I 100% agree with crabdogs assessment on them and can honestly say they're one of the best sub 150.00 earphones that I've heard and also own.

Jul 22, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #16,770 of 33,689
Just got (lent) a loaner unit of Kanas Pro myself and I pretty much agree with all this. Wow what an IEM, though I think it could use a little push back on the upper mid-high a bit. People who are looking for energetic forward mid-high would absolutely love it though.

something that's a bit closer in price to compare with the BA Unicorn, finally (instead of those Flares, lol). Thinking of getting that Unicorn since I'm already buying a custom silver cable from china so the bulk shipping would save me a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back