Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 10, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #15,406 of 33,689
My Hypersense HEX02 review is up. It's a pretty decent phone with good build quality and a nice cable but they've gone for the typical big bass tuning.
https://primeaudio.org/hypersense-hex02-review/

HEX02 coiled cable.jpg Hypersense HEX02.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #15,408 of 33,689
It’s really interesting how extremely tip-sensitive the T2 can be. I actually tried the stock blue foam tips this morning (with no vent mod) and noticed they had a much more punchy bass compared to when I use other silicon tips.

I had to push the tips as far down on the lip as I could to get the fullness out of the bass..no bass mod..

May 10, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #15,409 of 33,689
May 10, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #15,410 of 33,689
This just arrived at my office:

First general impression - everything from the pack to the earphones shows quality.
Good selection of silicon and foam ear tips, changeable filters carry box that feels that it could survive tank driving over it.

The key reason to buy them (except for high expectations towards the sound), was a slightly more compact shape size.
I have Fiio H5 and had few similar shape models before, and all of them create a pressure point in one of my ears. I can already feel it will not be a problem here.
Too early to say anything about the sound (and I'm not audiophile enough to really review them) but initial impression is definitely positive.

Their jack design is a bit thicker than my phone but it should not be a problem when I ger Hiby R3 (and probably change to balanced cable anyway).

How are the bass and mids on these? Is the bass better on these than compared to something like the UE900s?
Thinking of getting these if I can better bass than what I have on my UE900s.

May 11, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #15,411 of 33,689
How are the bass and mids on these? Is the bass better on these than compared to something like the UE900s?
Thinking of getting these if I can better bass than what I have on my UE900s.

I can't compare to UE900s but I like the sounds much more than Westone W60 and Fiio FH1.
More details, better vocals and a very pleasant bass (I tend to like but extra bass so I changed filters to the bass focused).

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #15,412 of 33,689
Hello! Looking to buy a pair of in ear hesdphones, budget is around 35 dollars. I like a lot of bass but also like music to be clear and loud.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance, been a long time since I bought anything last earphones I had were some rock zircons and soundmagic e10s.

Edit: name of headphone was wrong

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #15,413 of 33,689
Hello! Looking to buy a pair of in ear hesdphones, budget is around 35 dollars. I like a lot of bass but also like music to be clear and loud.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance, been a long time since I bought anything last earphones I had were some rock zircons and soundmagic e10s.

Edit: name of headphone was wrong
UiiSii CM5, KZ ZSR, Tiandirenhe TD08

May 11, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #15,414 of 33,689
May 11, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #15,416 of 33,689
Are those better than the memt X5?
You might also want to consider the Hypersense HEX02. It has more bass than the MEMT X5 and has a solid midrange and good clarity. The MEMT X5S is also a good choice - it's now available in black which looks pretty sexy.

May 11, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #15,417 of 33,689
Anyone has experience with the TFZ Balance 2M? Any comparison with the King Pro or the regular ones?

May 11, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #15,418 of 33,689
Are those better than the memt X5?

There are soooo many better IEMs than the X5.

I never understood what the hype was with the X5. I know a lot of people love them, but I personally despise mine and never use them. I hear none of the awesome bass everyone talks about - mine sound hollow like a speaker in a garbage can, and the tuning is dominated by mid bass. Maybe I got a bad pair; don't know, never cared to find out. They just went in the drawer of forgotten IEMs.

Their only redeeming quality is their small size, which is OK for sleeping. But the nozzle is a really small and odd size, so most tips don't stay on.

Granted, I have never heard the new v2. Supposedly they are improved over the original v1 I have.

May 12, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #15,419 of 33,689
With the upcoming Ali sale, what IEMs do you already have in your shopping cart? Which will you buy?

My list:
- TRN V20 (100% sure)
Or should I skip them all for the iBasso IT01? :)
I just bought the V20 for $15US. It's hard to go wrong with that price especially after reading all the glowing reviews on Ali.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #15,420 of 33,689
There are soooo many better IEMs than the X5.

I never understood what the hype was with the X5. I know a lot of people love them, but I personally despise mine and never use them. I hear none of the awesome bass everyone talks about - mine sound hollow like a speaker in a garbage can, and the tuning is dominated by mid bass. Maybe I got a bad pair; don't know, never cared to find out. They just went in the drawer of forgotten IEMs.

Their only redeeming quality is their small size, which is OK for sleeping. But the nozzle is a really small and odd size, so most tips don't stay on.

Granted, I have never heard the new v2. Supposedly they are improved over the original v1 I have.
The X5S has improved tuning, better cable and a wider nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back