Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 4, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #15,346 of 33,689
can anyone compare this iBasso IT01 ($100) to the Campfire Audio Comets? ($199)
I have the Campfire Comets but have been seeing all these recs for the iBasso IT01s
Both are single BAs but the iBasso uses a graphene diafram

IT-01 has one of the best value/price ratio from what I've touched in this price area. Only very few stand a chance, like E3000, FiiO F9Pro and a few others, but IT-01 is remarkably good even for higher prices in detail and resolution. It is really warm though, which works for some, but not for all.

At 200USD, Comets already fight with Falcon-C from Dunu, and by then it'll be a whole another story.

You can cross-reference my Falcon-C review with someone's input on Comets to get a better idea, at least until I manage to review a comet.

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2018/04/Dunu-Falcon-C-Clear-Vivid-Personal.html

May 4, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #15,347 of 33,689
Yup! For EDM and movies especially, i love the King Pro. For more intimate sound i switch with the Kanas and ER4XR

I see that you have the IT01 how do you rate it with the King Pro?
For $100, the IT01s are a great pair of iems to have. They dont have the stage nor the extensions at both ends like the King Pro. IMO the sub bass is killer on the King Pros, sometimes a bit too much :wink: The IT01s give a great musical sound signature overall. It doesnt go as deep as the King Pro but is no slouch in that department, just not as good as the King Pros. Additionally they are light as a feather and sometimes its difficult to feel them in your ears.

May 4, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #15,348 of 33,689
For $100, the IT01s are a great pair of iems to have. They dont have the stage nor the extensions at both ends like the King Pro. IMO the sub bass is killer on the King Pros, sometimes a bit too much :wink: The IT01s give a great musical sound signature overall. It doesnt go as deep as the King Pro but is no slouch in that department, just not as good as the King Pros. Additionally they are light as a feather and sometimes its difficult to feel them in your ears.

Thank! I got a feeling it sounds a bit similar to the King Pros. Is it more flushed/smaller size on the ears? I might pick them up if it does to wear them inside helmet

May 4, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #15,349 of 33,689
Thank! I got a feeling it sounds a bit similar to the King Pros. Is it more flushed/smaller size on the ears? I might pick them up if it does to wear them inside helmet
Yes it definitely a more flushed and inserted fit. I think it would fit inside the helmet though i still havent tried it.

IMG_20180505_080402.jpg

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #15,350 of 33,689
Anyone have any thoughts on what would be the best overall choice if I had to pick just one sub-$250US here?

My shortlist so far is:

1) Campfire Comet
2) LZ A4
3) THZ King Pro
4) Brainwaves B400
5) MEIZU Live Quads (not much info out there on these yet I realize)

Any input is totally welcome and I'm certainly not adverse to expanding the list above if there's anything that's a no-brainer I should've considered.

May 5, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #15,352 of 33,689
Anyone have any thoughts on what would be the best overall choice if I had to pick just one sub-$250US here?

My shortlist so far is:

1) Campfire Comet
2) LZ A4
3) THZ King Pro
4) Brainwaves B400

Any input is totally welcome and I'm certainly not adverse to expanding the list above if there's anything that's a no-brainer I should've considered.
Hifi Boy OSV3

May 5, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #15,356 of 33,689

My shortlist so far is:

1) Campfire Comet
2) LZ A4
3) THZ King Pro
4) Brainwaves B400

I have several of the iem's on your list, but they're vastly different sounding earphones. It would be easier to make a recommendation for you, if we knew what you were looking for in a sound signature.

May 5, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #15,357 of 33,689
I have several of the iem's on your list, but they're vastly different sounding earphones. It would be easier to make a recommendation for you, if we knew what you were looking for in a sound signature.

Apologies, I should've made that clear.

My aim is for this IEM to be for everyday/on-the-go use. Something that can achieve relatively decent isolation would be preferable.

I usually lean towards more neutral sounding gear (I really like the Senheiser HD600s for reference), however, I wouldn't be adverse to a sound signature that was more colorful so long as it's also musical. My plan would be to pair whatever I purchase with an entry-level DAP in the $200 range that I'll also be buying. I do own an Advanced Audio Accessport but unfortunately it just died.

The only deal-breaker for me would be to avoid relatively narrow soundstages and lack of instrument separation.

Hope that helps. Really appreciate the input.

May 5, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #15,359 of 33,689
Apologies, I should've made that clear.

My aim is for this IEM to be for everyday/on-the-go use. Something that can achieve relatively decent isolation would be preferable.

I usually lean towards more neutral sounding gear (I really like the Senheiser HD600s for reference), however, I wouldn't be adverse to a sound signature that was more colorful so long as it's also musical. My plan would be to pair whatever I purchase with an entry-level DAP in the $200 range that I'll also be buying. I do own an Advanced Audio Accessport but unfortunately it just died.

The only deal-breaker for me would be to avoid relatively narrow soundstages and lack of instrument separation.

Hope that helps. Really appreciate the input.
I would recommend the Brainwavz B400 to you with your requests considered. They're a quad BA, and I find the isolation to be EXCELLENT!! The sound signature is very balanced with a nice balance between neutral and musical. I also consider their staging and instrument separation to be some of their most redeeming qualities. In my opinion, they're great at their price point. Good luck on your search and I hope you get alot of enjoyment from whichever iem you choose!

May 5, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #15,360 of 33,689
Looking for a <$20 iem That Works well with metal music mainly for gym purposes, anu advice guys?
You could consider the Tennmak Piano. They sound excellent with metal and are extremely comfortable. They also have detachable cables as well. I Iove them for active activities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back