Chinese amps specifically build for K1000
Aug 31, 2006 at 8:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Firevortex

100+ Head-Fier
been doing some research for my k1000 project and came across a few chinese amps desiged specifically to drive the K1000 with pretty decent feed back. just curious if any one here have tried them? or even heard about them?

both of them cost around $500-$600USD

TA 8PK

not sure about spec.. looks like pre-amp+tube

yeli-2005-9-013.jpg

AMK1000
spec:
Output: 4 ohms, 20W/A , 120W/AB
8 ohm: 30W/A , 80W/AB
120 ohm: 2W/
Channel separation: higher than 95DB
Frequency Response: 20-20KHZ +-0.2DB
signal to noise ratio: lower than 1MW, 97DB
input impedance: 47K

2_162074.jpg

2_162075.jpg

2_162076.jpg

Aug 31, 2006 at 11:15 AM Post #2 of 12
Do you know what brands they are? I dont know those particular model but i'm moderately experienced with chinese hifi gear, so i could posisbly know whether the brand is reputable or not

Aug 31, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
Do you know what brands they are? I dont know those particular model but i'm moderately experienced with chinese hifi gear, so i could posisbly know whether the brand is reputable or not

here is the web site for the maker of AMK1000 http://www.fullworld.net/er.asp

the TA 8PK is from a brand called VAW. people also call it the professor Ye Wei brand on the net after the designer.

a price tag of $500-$600USD chinese headphone amp is not considered cheap...and thats how much those amps are selling domestically there. so i guess they must be pretty decent
k1000smile.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 12
I was under the impression that the Dr. is not mass producing the stuff and he only builds the amp for people who he knows personally. Sounds like too much trouble for one amp IMO

Aug 31, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 12
yeah the guy makes it him self as a hobby. to get the system you have to call him up and pretty much befriend him then join some headphone club in beijing. i guess he only makes them for pure headphone enthusiasts
redface.gif
word on the street is his amps are top quality.

anyway..based on the specs of AMK1000 do you guys think it will drive the k1000 nicely?

Aug 31, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz

yea, it's one of master Ye's work and he retired.

I think I can help you to get it if you want
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #7 of 12
Sound quality aside, these appear to be basically speaker amps.

While AKG planned for the K1000 to be run off of speaker amps, anything designed specifically for these headphones should have a dedicated 4-pin XLR jack which would eliminate the "tail" cable and not require a rewire at the drivers (a difficult procedure at best).

IMHO, of course.

Sep 1, 2006 at 9:44 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Sound quality aside, these appear to be basically speaker amps.

While AKG planned for the K1000 to be run off of speaker amps, anything designed specifically for these headphones should have a dedicated 4-pin XLR jack which would eliminate the "tail" cable and not require a rewire at the drivers (a difficult procedure at best).

IMHO, of course.

yeah well, most of the "Best" amps recommended here to drive the K1000 are speaker amps. Red Wine Signature 30, pass lab Aleph 3, First Watt F1, Krell etc...

now AMK1000 is a pure class A amp. from reading the intro of the building process, i've gathered initally they test drive the k1000 with the tube setup but thought it sounded thin (lack of power). so in the end they based the idea on some Krell amps they've heard with "voltage amplification level runing pure class A symmetric form" <---not sure what that means
tongue.gif

well i think they've got the right idea but i cant seem to find much user feed back on this amp...i guess i'll throw $600 into this black hole and see where it takes me.
k1000smile.gif

Sep 4, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex
yeah well, most of the "Best" amps recommended here to drive the K1000 are speaker amps. Red Wine Signature 30, pass lab Aleph 3, First Watt F1, Krell etc...

now AMK1000 is a pure class A amp. from reading the intro of the building process, i've gathered initally they test drive the k1000 with the tube setup but thought it sounded thin (lack of power). so in the end they based the idea on some Krell amps they've heard with "voltage amplification level runing pure class A symmetric form" <---not sure what that means
tongue.gif

well i think they've got the right idea but i cant seem to find much user feed back on this amp...i guess i'll throw $600 into this black hole and see where it takes me.
k1000smile.gif

Looks like a reasonable gamble to take considering the price. Do let us know how you rate the performace of this amp with your K1000s.
k1000smile.gif

Sep 5, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tmarshl
Looks like a reasonable gamble to take considering the price. Do let us know how you rate the performace of this amp with your K1000s.
k1000smile.gif

we'll i've found a user in china who gave me a thorough review of the amp. his feed back on the amp pretty much says the K1000 lacked deep bass. but everything else is top-notch in that it brings out the signature quality of the K1000.

my chinese isn’t all that great...maybe some one here can translate what he said in detail?
tongue.gif

first reply:
就推KK,她与MFA500 PK的初步结果是:音频延伸性非常好,音讯平衡,低频量适当而有弹性,讲究声场.确实是一款专为KK量身的 高素质放大器.

then i ask him to elaborate more on the bass response:
AMK1000基本保持了AKG一贯的音讯精准.讲究延伸性和声场的特长和优点.对其一贯的低频相对缺量少 质的缺点.AMK1000推KK,低频表现是:密度感和三频量分布相对均衡.流性.摇滚乐相对追求的低频厚 度感在此没有,不过这与AKG音色风格到是一致的.
去年就8PK与叶老邮件聊过:8PK推KK高频存在音讯延伸性不高.低频量少而相对散的缺点.同时因配件缺 而叶老身体差等原因.我也没开口.

not sure what to do now....back to square one
mad.gif

Sep 5, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex
we'll i've found a user in china who gave me a thorough review of the amp. his feed back on the amp pretty much says the K1000 lacked deep bass. but everything else is top-notch in that it brings out the signature quality of the K1000.

my chinese isn’t all that great...maybe some one here can translate what he said in detail?
tongue.gif

first reply:
就推KK,她与MFA500 PK的初步结果是:音频延伸性非常好,音讯平衡,低频量适当而有弹性,讲究声场.确实是一款专为KK量身的 高素质放大器.

then i ask him to elaborate more on the bass response:
AMK1000基本保持了AKG一贯的音讯精准.讲究延伸性和声场的特长和优点.对其一贯的低频相对缺量少 质的缺点.AMK1000推KK,低频表现是:密度感和三频量分布相对均衡.流性.摇滚乐相对追求的低频厚 度感在此没有,不过这与AKG音色风格到是一致的.
去年就8PK与叶老邮件聊过:8PK推KK高频存在音讯延伸性不高.低频量少而相对散的缺点.同时因配件缺 而叶老身体差等原因.我也没开口.

not sure what to do now....back to square one
mad.gif

which really doesn't say anything at all. Not only that to get a bearing, you'd have to compare to something familiar.

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
which really doesn't say anything at all. Not only that to get a bearing, you'd have to compare to something familiar.

he did compare it to the MF A500...which i assume would be the Musical Fidelity A500? but did a search and nothing came up for that amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back