Chinese $10 USB Audio Controller Review (I'm serious)
Jan 17, 2007 at 11:04 AM Post #31 of 129
Ah crap. I bought one today that looked exactly the same (but blue) and it just comes up as "USB Audio Device". No C-Media in site
frown.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #32 of 129
Damn, this thing sounds like ****. Intrusive noise all over the place. Frequent pops and skips. Almost blew my ears out when I first turned it on. There is £6 I will never see again, since I will never use this again.

A word of warning: there is risk involved in buying these no-name goods!

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #36 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fidelity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought something similar on ebay for £6 delivered, best used for voip mic headsets...

Did you have the same issue I described? That is, terrible hissing.

Jan 17, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #37 of 129
Nope no hissing/popping or such.

It stays plugged to my rig all the time used solely for my Sennheiser mic/headset (comms/VOIP stuff only) which I reckon is what this "soundcard on a stick" is ideal for...

Jan 17, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #38 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by lukealexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you have the same issue I described? That is, terrible hissing.

Sounds like you got a dud unfortunately. I was kind of surprised to see this thread resurrected, I've actually given this thing to a friend who now uses it with his HD580, I've moved onto a DPU-50.

Jan 18, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #39 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by spudman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does $8 with free shipping sound?

http://ledshoppe.com/Product/com/CA4017.htm

Thanks Spudman
biggrin.gif

I think the built in audio in my PC isn't too bad, but for 8 bucks I had to try one hehe.

This will be my first source "improvement" since getting HD580s.. I hope I can tell the difference
600smile.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #40 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TBAAM have optical outputs?

Garrett

it does, I use it everyday, I play TBAAM with analog out to Kenwood KR3600 receiver (those blue tuner lights...) into my home built speakers, sounds gloiorous. I also use Grado SR60 ear phones plugged into the receiver headphone jack.

For the price ($28) TBAAM is the way to go IMO, I play foobar-FLAC out.

gychang

Jan 18, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #42 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_ah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the tBAAM seems to sample up to 48Khz pointlessly?

As for the poster's problem - I have some c-media USB headsets kicking aroudn that have the same problem.

Yeah; there was a reference to it in one of the documents on their site.

It sounds pretty bad... There was a huge difference for me going from its toslink to the Transit's toslink.

Mind you you can get around it by using a software upsampler that does a good job. If you feed it a 48khz signal from your PC it doesn't seem to touch it. And it's still a good deal for the price, I think.

Jan 18, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #43 of 129
So how would this compare with my creative audigy 2 value souncard? I'm using px100's.... Or should I aim for something better?

Jan 18, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #44 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by robert1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So how would this compare with my creative audigy 2 value souncard? I'm using px100's.... Or should I aim for something better?

I've never heard the audigy or px100's, so I can't really say. But, I would imagine their performance is pretty similar.

I would save up for something better personally.

Jan 18, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #45 of 129
Well I can only compare with a SB Live 24, but the stick beat it by a little bit IMO. Not sure about the Audigy though. I dunno, it's still just $8 either way
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back