China Trip, I need dac and amp, what to get?
Jul 3, 2006 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

AudioNoob

1000+ Head-Fier
I know a person who is a native chinese speaker and can translate for me so chinese sites and sellers that ship for bank transfers are o.k.

My mothers going to mainland china(also hk) so I thought I'd stock up since it's cheap to buy some things over yonder. Do you guys know a good speaker/headphone amp? I'll buy a ldmicro+ and know I'm looking for a speaker amp since I'm still not sure If I should go headphones all the way.

As for dac, I'll be having my mandatory macbook pro this august(school policy) and I need a dac to use it with whatever output I'll use.

Thanks a bunch.

p.s. do you know how much is a cute beyond there? maybe I'll get a cute beyond instead of the micro+

OR should I jsut buy a zhaolu?

but please advise me into a dac

Jul 3, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #3 of 20
how's the lite cd 15 as a dac? that would solve many problems and isn't that badly priced given that its a good cd player that .

I think me is getting a zhaolu upgraded with caps and amp, should stack well with my studio apt
biggrin.gif
and It looks like my macbook pro will be my audio out for just a lil while

Now I'm down to your problem, lite dac-ah and modifications or zhaolu and equalisation.

Jul 4, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 20
Zhaolu and Darkvoice
biggrin.gif

Firestone is Taiwanese, so it might be a little expensive for shipping from Taiwan -> China.

Jul 4, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevC
Zhaolu and Darkvoice
biggrin.gif

Firestone is Taiwanese, so it might be a little expensive for shipping from Taiwan -> China.

Agreed, people from Hong Kong and China had very good reviews for this two.

Jul 4, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevC
Zhaolu and Darkvoice
biggrin.gif

Are you refering to the THA 336? I saw this on ebay..looks like it might be pretty good.

Is there any where to get more info on Darkvoice? N/M I searched and fond a few threads! lol

Jul 4, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #8 of 20
On a chineese taobao auction site the darkvoice is 160.00 US to buy it outright.If you need any volage adjustments better to order in advance of your arrival.
I have the darkvoice and am in the process of getting a zhaolu dac.But right now I am running it off a echo indigo dj and it sounds real good.

Jul 6, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #13 of 20
I strongly recommend you the YULONG CRYSTAL DAC, frankly speaking, ZhaoLu is not worth to buy. the amp I recommend WXPH20 - a special amp for K1000 and 240DF, and SXT-2, it can drive most headphones perfectly except K1000.

Jul 6, 2006 at 8:04 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidgao007
I strongly recommend you the YULONG CRYSTAL DAC, frankly speaking, ZhaoLu is not worth to buy. the amp I recommend WXPH20 - a special amp for K1000 and 240DF, and SXT-2, it can drive most headphones perfectly except K1000.

Wat is the SXT-2?? where can I get it, how much, any pics?? will it drive K340 well??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back