1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

China Trip, I need dac and amp, what to get?

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by audionoob, Jul 3, 2006.
Next

Last
  1. AudioNoob
    I know a person who is a native chinese speaker and can translate for me so chinese sites and sellers that ship for bank transfers are o.k.

My mothers going to mainland china(also hk) so I thought I'd stock up since it's cheap to buy some things over yonder. Do you guys know a good speaker/headphone amp? I'll buy a ldmicro+ and know I'm looking for a speaker amp since I'm still not sure If I should go headphones all the way.

As for dac, I'll be having my mandatory macbook pro this august(school policy) and I need a dac to use it with whatever output I'll use.

Thanks a bunch.

p.s. do you know how much is a cute beyond there? maybe I'll get a cute beyond instead of the micro+

OR should I jsut buy a zhaolu?

but please advise me into a dac

2. mrarroyo Contributor
    I have the same problem. I am undecided between a Zhaolu and Lite Dac-AH.

3. AudioNoob
    how's the lite cd 15 as a dac? that would solve many problems and isn't that badly priced given that its a good cd player that .

I think me is getting a zhaolu upgraded with caps and amp, should stack well with my studio apt [​IMG] and It looks like my macbook pro will be my audio out for just a lil while

Now I'm down to your problem, lite dac-ah and modifications or zhaolu and equalisation.

4. KevC
    Zhaolu and Darkvoice [​IMG]

Firestone is Taiwanese, so it might be a little expensive for shipping from Taiwan -> China.

5. darknix
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KevC

Firestone is Taiwanese, so it might be a little expensive for shipping from Taiwan -> China.

Agreed, people from Hong Kong and China had very good reviews for this two.

6. B-side J
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KevC

Are you refering to the THA 336? I saw this on ebay..looks like it might be pretty good.

Is there any where to get more info on Darkvoice? N/M I searched and fond a few threads! lol

7. AudioNoob
    DAC-AH and mods or zhaolu?

I want something more musical and fun, toe tapping basically.

8. echo1
    On a chineese taobao auction site the darkvoice is 160.00 US to buy it outright.If you need any volage adjustments better to order in advance of your arrival.
    I have the darkvoice and am in the process of getting a zhaolu dac.But right now I am running it off a echo indigo dj and it sounds real good.

9. AudioNoob
    may I have a link?

10. AudioNoob
    I talked with one of the retailers, he will see if he can find me a 110v one. normally 220v would be the correct one for Turkey, but in a month I'll be moving to chicago

11. AudioNoob
    looks like I'm going to be a proud owner of a darkvoice [​IMG] and a lite dac ah I Think but not sure about the dac-ah we'll see.

12. davidgao007
    I strongly recommend you the YULONG CRYSTAL DAC, frankly speaking, ZhaoLu is not worth to buy. the amp I recommend WXPH20 - a special amp for K1000 and 240DF, and SXT-2, it can drive most headphones perfectly except K1000.

13. AudioNoob
    what about darkvoice? as in, why not?. I've checked yulong but It was expensive,

14. Kalidor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by davidgao007
    I strongly recommend you the YULONG CRYSTAL DAC, frankly speaking, ZhaoLu is not worth to buy. the amp I recommend WXPH20 - a special amp for K1000 and 240DF, and SXT-2, it can drive most headphones perfectly except K1000.

Wat is the SXT-2?? where can I get it, how much, any pics?? will it drive K340 well??

Next

Last