Chili Dogs...
Apr 29, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 31
I like to drown things in hot sauce.
Everything goes well with hot sauce.

A mix of hot sauce and ketchup is the best.

Apr 29, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 31
Hot sauce is one of my favorite food groups (next to ranch dressing and bbq sauce).

Cheese is a must as well.

Did anyone else see the hour-long special on PBS about hot dogs? It was incredible. I watched the entire thing.

Apr 29, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skyline Chili Dogs are my favorite.

I tried one when I went to the Cincinnati area last summer and I wasn't impressed. The chili itself was alright but the hot dog part itself was nasty (IMO). They were like tiny little cheap turkey dogs or tofu or something. I need my all beef hot dogs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need my all beef hot dogs.
smily_headphones1.gif

+1. One of the cooks up here made chili dogs for lunch once. The chili was great, there was lots of cheese and lots of onions and lots of peppers, but underneath all of that were some really nasty hot-dogs that must have been turkey or something similar. A chili dog must be all-beef!!

Apr 29, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1. One of the cooks up here made chili dogs for lunch once. The chili was great, there was lots of cheese and lots of onions and lots of peppers, but underneath all of that were some really nasty hot-dogs that must have been turkey or something similar. A chili dog must be all-beef!!

I concur. Beef is best. Hybrid meat (or any variation beyond pure beef) is for the dogs.

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back