Chicago winter meet!! Tomorrow- Feb 16th
Jan 18, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #16 of 159
I'll try to be there. Most of my gear has been covered but I could bring:

New Buttonless RS-1
DT-990 2005 Ed
HD580 with 650 cables and 600 grills but with foam
Zebra/Blackmax DarthBeyers (if they arrive in time)
EC/SS
RSA Tomahawk

Jan 21, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #18 of 159
I may be able to be there...still up in the air. I've been meaning to get to one of these things again, and until we have one in Detroit a roadtrip to Chicago is not so bad.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #19 of 159
[size=small]UPDATE (1-21-08):[/size]
I have talked to someone in the office and Feb 2nd and 9th are open, but it seems they want a $100 non-refundable fee- plus a $200 refundable deposit.

Now I can, obviously, do the $200 deposit- as I should get it back- but I cannot cover the $100 fee. Right now we don't even have enough people to justify the party room, which can hold a lot of people. So I figure if we don't get more than 15-20 people than it may not be worth doing. I would do the meet in my room with such few people, but I don't have any tables for gear.

Right now it could be $15 per person- which is way too much- so I suggest we put the date on hold until we get at least 15-20 people (15 to 20 people= $5 per person). That or cancel the meet.

Please let me know what your opinions are on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing no sponsors?

I didn't ask. If we can plan a date, perhaps a later one, I can ask and that might generate more interest?

Jan 22, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #21 of 159
I emailed Ray- who else is in the Chicago area?

Update: Ray says he will come!!!

Jan 22, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #24 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i need to know 1-2 weeks ahead of time tho

So does the office, so you will too.

Jan 22, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #26 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you mind if i put a link in my signature for the meet?

Not at all. I encourage it.

Jan 22, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #27 of 159
I'd be happy to pitch in $5-$10 to cover the cost of the fee, but I am still waiting for the wife's work schedule before I can commit.

BTW, I am sure you realize the first date is the day before the Super Bowl. Those who are not married will not understand, and I don't know about anyone else, but this husband may need to use his single weekend "hall pass" to attend a Super Bowl party.

Jan 22, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #28 of 159
I have PM'ed all of you- or emailed about the date and fee for this meet.

If you did not get a PM or email then let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be happy to pitch in $5-$10 to cover the cost of the fee, but I am still waiting for the wife's work schedule before I can commit.

BTW, I am sure you realize the first date is the day before the Super Bowl. Those who are not married will not understand, and I don't know about anyone else, but this husband may need to use his single weekend "hall pass" to attend a Super Bowl party.

I was not aware. I hope that wont effect anything. We can also go for the later date.

Jan 22, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #29 of 159
I'd be willing to throw down at least a $10 spot to attend. Let me know how the money issue is developing. I definitely want this to happen.

And I WILL be there if it happens!

I'll bring my audio gear (paltry as it is) and my camera for photography purposes (Nikon D50). =)

Jan 22, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #30 of 159
Call up Shure corporate and see what can be done.

I will try to be there and bring:

AT-701
MisterX XP
AT-ES7's
ALO LOD (Cu)
SR60's (if they come in)
im716

Yeah, I guess I am just a porta-phile.
smily_headphones1.gif

Plus, thanks to ya'll I is going broke.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back