Chicago Winter Meet: January 29,2004
Dec 31, 2004 at 5:08 AM Post #76 of 270
I was encoding everything with Apple Lossless but now since I've decided to give the Roku a try(I'll post some impressions and pics tonight) I have to compress. I'll go with 320kb and see how everything sounds,unless you have some other suggestions.

Jan 1, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #78 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
eagle bring ur 650 with cardas, I want to bring my 600 but unless I clean them good (smoke smell) i cant.

The trouble is, I haven't gotten the HD650's yet. In fact, I haven't even ordered them yet.

I do have a pair of the HD600's myself.

Jan 1, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #79 of 270
Believe it or not , I might actually be able to make this meet if my invite stands. I've been working on the wife and there's a negotiation in progress.
I don't know if there would be much point in my bringing anything. I can bring some extra Senns if they're needed or maybe the SACDMods 963sa if anyone wants to hear that.
CPW

Jan 1, 2005 at 6:54 PM Post #80 of 270
CPW,you know you're invited buddy. Hopefully we'll see you there.

Jan 3, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #82 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by swiego
I hope to attend as well. I would be coming from Detroit. Any Detroiters willing to carpool on the way there?

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97655

see ya there
cool.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #83 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
I was encoding everything with Apple Lossless but now since I've decided to give the Roku a try(I'll post some impressions and pics tonight) I have to compress. I'll go with 320kb and see how everything sounds,unless you have some other suggestions.

I use Exact Audio Copy with Lame encoder set to --alt-preset insane (320 kbit/s CBR) and I'm happy with it. I can bring my iPod (gen3) with some tracks.

Jan 3, 2005 at 3:34 PM Post #84 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
... maybe the SACDMods 963sa if anyone wants to hear that.
CPW

Maybe I could bring my stock 963sa, this could be a great way to compare them. I was thinking about the SACDMods myself ...
tongue.gif
we could connect it up to my Sugden Headmaster which has three line inputs and maybe do some tests with duplicate SACDs, might be hard to sync the playback but would be a great way to compare them. I could also bring duplicate power cords and ICs. Let me know if you are up for this.

Jan 3, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #86 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
Could someone bring a pair of Grado RS-1's with flat pads?
I'd like to try them with my amps.
TR

I think I have a pair somewhere in my collection
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #87 of 270
How does this work? Do I bring food or something? Do I just show up or should I be invited first? If I've also had a falling out with Tube roller should I not attend?

Jan 4, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #88 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonmach
How does this work? Do I bring food or something? Do I just show up or should I be invited first? If I've also had a falling out with Tube roller should I not attend?

Just show up and bring what ever gear you want to. Come shake hands and start a new with Tubes.

Jan 4, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #89 of 270
Has the venue been set? Sorry if this was stated and I missed it.
CPW

Jan 4, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #90 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonmach

yes by all means you have to attend!..sorry I love meets.

bring some music that you know and like, bringall the cds you can want. you probably wont listen to much of them but just to have different types is good. you can bring a camera and take pics of me humping the cary monoblocks, or me trying to slice a turkey on the cutting board toddR is bringing..hehehehe
sorry, anyway you might wanna bring a camera so you can have the memory of your very first meet..awww lol
these days I just bring the gear that was requested and a few cds

youll have a ball, and dont worry about tubes...he is a big dude (atleast to my preztel sized self) but hes cool....all the guys are cool...and very entertaining

I thought the meet was being held at the Samuels household......
tubes your first post is slightly confuessing, sorry but it is.
stop eating jello when posting meet plans dude, the animal bones mess your thinking and you say ten thoughts mixed into one...I like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back